Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Showa bpf swap

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  TheCunningMan 
#1 ·
Will 2012 Showa forks fit a 2007 ? Without any mods. I've shearched and search but I can't find anything!

#2 ·
#5 ·
Just rip and replace the insides of your 06 forks for something better. You can find AK20 or Ohlins carts floating around somewhere for nice and cheap during the offseason. Either would be a MUCH better improvement.

Swapping stock for stock you haven't really improved anything.

#7 ·
download the service manual: www.servicemanualsgsxr.com

to replace OEM with ohlins cartridge, all you have to do is take out the rebound adjuster and take off the fork cap, then drop the cartridge kit in and replace the cap and adjuster. if the fork seals are over 2 years old, they must be replaced, but in the end, the job is not hard.

#9 ·
well long story short, take the deal. long story - not so short, just do normal maintenance. download the manual, buy the tools and you could do the maintenance yourself multiple times and robert is your father's brother.

#10 ·
Are you just riding this bike around on the street? If so Ohlins suspension is going to be a waste of your money. So is taking stock forks off another bike and putting them onto this one.

What do you primarily use this bike for? Have the forks been properly kept up maintenance-wise, also are you at all close to the weight the stock springs are intended for?

These are questions you should be asking yourself before potentially throwing away your money for no real good purpose.

#11 ·
Bike is gonna be mostly for recreational purposes since I have a car I would prob ride it to school whenever it's really nice out but I am planning on doing a couple track days next season.. I'm guessing ohlins will be overdoing it unless I fully track my bike. I weigh 158. Stock suspension should be fine for me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
Yes, you might slightly be on the lighter side for the springs. But the stock suspension is MORE than adequate for putting around on the street. There's guy in advanced group at track days riding on stock suspension.

#13 ·
Aftermarket is a waste of money unless you are working with a tuner who knows how to set them up. For the prices you quoted you can get your stockers rebuilt AND resprung by a tuner, not a dealer. When I say tuner I mean CTR or Thermosman or GMD or Racetech or half dozen others who service the AMA paddock. Send them your forks, you'll be glad you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.