Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Post your Race/Trackday Crash pics

54K views 235 replies 69 participants last post by  MadViking 
#1 ·
#196 ·
My first ever crash. It sucks, because it wasn't entirely my fault. The guy in front of me lost his foot peg and then braked on the racing line.
It happened so fast, I thought I had only two options. Either run into him or try to brake. :lol
Probably could have saved it, by just turning more, but I didn't want to risk it...

Here is a video of the crash

My knee after the crash. I don't know how the hell that happened. I guess my knee hit a kurb or something like that. There is a hole in the suit just above the knee (on the elastic part). Also a small cut on my palm (Astar GP-Pro).

Bike had only minor damage. Fairing stay cracked between the mirror holes on both sides, cracked side fairing, bent slider and exhaust is a little bit banged up. :thumbup

After cleaning and a few painkillers. :)

#197 ·
Sorry about the crash! take care of that injured knee, just make sure nothing got into the wound under the skin, to avoid unnecessary complications later. Now concentrate on learning from YOUR mistakes! :cheers

About the crash: you were looking at the guy in front of you instead of looking into the corner, that's why you crashed. Never look directly at people on the track, some (novices that is) take crazy lines, brake unexpectedly etc. so you can always count on something like this happening in front of you.

#200 ·
I was looking at my corner exit not the guy in front of me. I noticed him slowing down, when you see his foot peg flying in the air. :lol
Because of the fish eye effect, it looks like he is further away than he actually was.

JK750 looks like you could have made in on the inside? Doesn't looked like u crashed too bad but that knee looks painful with that roadrash.
I think so too, but it happened so fast, and I didn't want to risk hitting another rider. :dunno

man, I just noticed this: you have the same fiberglass fairings as I, mine :) But mind the fact that mine were brought from Italy (Resincorse.it). :biggrin

Here's mine, also with a hole on the right side :)
My fairings are made by Ricambi Weiss, and they are for a 1000, so the fit is not perfect.

#212 ·
#208 ·
dude love the self commentary. more people should put stuff like that in their vids. Real cool. :cheers

PS: youre fucking flying! :punk Love these fast guy vids.

PSS: subscribe to YT account

#215 ·
I've seen deer hit at sumit, cmp, tally, and road Atlanta, it's rare but it does happen

#219 ·
#229 ·
Went off line, caught some bumps, ended up going into the wet grass at 85+.

Banged up left elbow and knee, sore ribs/neck but otherwise fine!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#236 ·
High-side at Putnam Park last fall. Turn 7, "the bus stop" which is luckily the slowest corner. I high-sided several years ago exiting Turn 8 (my favorite) and it was much worse.
Wide line as I expected the faster rider behind me to come underneath. Too much throttle vs lean angle. One of the CRs I was working with about shit when he saw my tires. I should have been on slicks in hind sight, but can't stomach the investment of a generator and tire warmers. I know, penny wise and pound foolish...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.