Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gen 4 ZX-10R or S1kRR?

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  MotoMummy 
#1 ·
there is a slight chance that i may be able to get a brand new bike in-between these riding seasons, and if so it is down to these two...what are your thoughts?

i feel like naturally its the BMW all day, but i was looking around at reviews for them and i was seeing some things about how the kawasaki is actually faster on the track STOCK (so 20hp less) and if you get the ecu flashed you can put down within 5hp or the same power down to the wheel than the bmw. idk what you guys think

#2 ·
oh, and i am slightly biased toward the 10R because well....yano...can never go wrong with a kaw :p but thats why I'm asking for unbiased suzuki opinions :cheers

#4 ·
#11 · (Edited)
i feel like naturally its the BMW all day, but i was looking around at reviews for them and i was seeing some things about how the kawasaki is actually faster on the track STOCK (so 20hp less) and if you get the ecu flashed you can put down within 5hp or the same power down to the wheel than the bmw. idk what you guys think
Where did you hear that? Motorrad did superbike test this summer. BMW was the fastest and Kawasaki was 1s slower 4th fastest. Bikes were stock, so no restrictions etc.

#12 ·
Kid owns a ZX10;is asking on a GSXR forum if he should get a S1K or another ZX10. I say get the GSXR 1000

#20 ·
Get whichever one you think looks the best and you can get the best deal on. You will not be able to ride anywhere near 30% of the bikes capabilities. So whichever one is theoretically "better" is irrelevant.

Besides, the bikes are damn near equal, performance wise. Brakes are a wash, with an unrestricted ZX-10, the power is a wash also. According to test riders, the ZX-10 handles a little better but not by much. Electronics are a wash. Some say the ZX is better, some say the BMW is better.

Just get whichever one you like better. The bikes are so damn close, that it doesnt make a difference.

#23 ·
Neither.

Id take the GSXR or the Honda before either, but for the street it is pretty damn moot

#24 ·
For the street I'd go for a crossplane R1 cause it sounds so sweet (even if it roasts you temperature wise). I'd get an exhaust and just sit at red lights doing this.....

#26 ·
I own a 2003 GSXR 1000. I had the chance to spend a few hours with both a ZX-10R and Ninja 1000. It took about 10 minutes to figure out the Ninja was about as sporty as a Buick. So after an hour on the ZX-10R, it was a stable, solid bike. But geared way too tall for the street and in the end felt not too different then my old K3. No where close to $13,000 in upgrade. Top end, yea that ZX10 had some serious muscle, but as a street bike, I don;t spend a lot of time above 10,000 RPM. Around town, my old GSXR felt just as strong and responsive.

#29 ·
I'm not an expert rider, not even remotely close - but if you put 2 liter bikes in front of me... to me it would be: you have "fucking fast" and "fucking fast" and the rest is semantics. ergos/appearance/country of origin/etc.

If you are at the level where you can really differentiate engine characteristics then why in the world are you asking an internet forum!? go test ride them and pick the one that's "better"! ;)

#30 ·
Because at bike nights he can say he has the fastest liter bike. (allegedly on paper) Even if he will never come close to actually stretch the bike to its limits. Pure, my cock is bigger than yours, bullshit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.