Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My practically free 97 750! (build thread)

19K views 158 replies 28 participants last post by  ccmhunt 
#1 · (Edited)
i wanted to show the few and proud what a find i found...no fairings but the rest of the bike is perfectly straight and solid...btw i traded a rc rock crawler for this bike!!!
i got it with the impression that the fuel pump was bad....nope..pulled it and cleaned it...works like a new one!..this thing purs like a kitten...now my question to u guys is color? any problem areas to watch out for?...any input is greatly appreciated.. this is my forth gsxr but first srad!!! thanks for looking guys

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I also pulled the tank and found a pinhole...:eek:. but i found a interesting solution..i will let u all know how it turns out...then i figured the tank was pretty dirty inside so i went ahead and hooked it up with some RedKote...tank liner and sealer...so now the pin hole will be sealed on the inside and the outside!

Attachments

#4 ·
lol. in all honesty the srad section is quite possibly the best section on here. seems to have the most knowledge, most posts, and even though the only things on my bike that are left srad are the frame and top of the gas tank i still seem to be in here the most.

oh nice score on the bike btw

#6 ·
You think you will get a positive reaction by declaring us as practically dead, wise move....
For practically dead; I have 8 srad carbs in the shop, and just shipped several sets to Spain, the UK, and to a racer in Australia. I have 16 orders for air trays (air boxes) and a motor going to a member here, but but yeah it fucking dead here.....

#7 ·
Oh.... And in this dead area, you might just find that there are members who have srads that are worth more than your house is worth... For this was the golden era of superbikes, where the factories spent stupid amounts to win, and suzuki had no limits, before Superbikes became dumbed down street bikes with special parts...

#9 ·
jesus christ sorry to piss in so many cheerios...thank for the support guys u rock! :rolleyes:..its just not as active as most of the newer bike threads...and as for squidville....please im 30 and have been riding since i was 16...people like u make people like me feel sorry for u..sorry for any butthurt i have caused u...this will be the last post for me here...thanks for all the super input guys...later,
Matt

#12 ·
this will be the last post for me here...thanks for all the super input guys...later,
Matt
Awwwww come on man...now we have to go back to being boring and stodgy in this dead section of GDC...couldn't you at least try and drag this out for 2, maybe 3 pages? :dunno

#11 ·
I think i was the first to view this thread, i knew it was gonna be trouble. Op, you wont find a better knowledge base. Put your flame suit on and stick it out.

#16 ·
u will not discourage me in my quest for a cool and original srad gsxr..that is all
No, we certainly wouldn't have...in fact, the members here would have been perfectly happy to spend their time helping and if you get a Red R, providing parts to you.
Clearly we are all no help whatsoever...

#15 ·
You'll love it here once the storm is over OP....Stick it out mate....:lmao

YOUR bikes dead btw :shifty

#17 ·
Also, as an adult i would like to apoligize for any hurt feelings from the dead thread comment. That was my bad. I hope i can still get some sound advice and info from the knowlegeable srad guys on here.

Thanks,
Matt

#18 ·
I won't discourage you, I will help you in any way... You would be shocked at the resources myself and a few others on here have, both in terms of knowledge and materials and parts. But, you are blowing in here the wrong way. And so far, you haven't needed anything......

#20 ·

#26 ·
as far as mechanical its rideable. i have all the lights and stuff...just need cosmetic work, which is my specialty! im thinking im just going to try to order some fairings and do a solid super dark blue paint. maybe gold wheels and black the frame, subframe, and swingarm.

#36 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum with the most solid knowledge here on GDC
If I were you I would get a red R that way you would have access to the classified sections and some other areas open to members only.
I quoted you because you mentioned ordering some fairings.
If you contact Sradiator I'm sure he will have what U need in various condition.
There's lots of other guys here who have the stuff you need and then some:biggrin
Nice score on the bike.
Mike

#33 ·
My bestest friend Fin-R
Defender of free will and the streetfighter
What's your point now?
You only show up here when you feel you can be the defender of someone maligned, otherwise you go back to your little corner and never contribute anything...

#34 ·
I love GDC.......Getting better now, as it has been a little boring of late, lets be honest :lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.