Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Just for the record, I'm ticked off...

3K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  dj_smurph 
#1 ·
Look at this shit, you know who you are, and it broke my favorite snapon screwdriver that I have had for 20 years and only use on carbs....

See less See more
#6 ·
Damn those carbs are a mess. Sorry for your loss.

#10 ·
RIP Snap On Blade!

#14 ·
Was that a barn find Kevin :lmao

Don't be mad Chris get even....though how you're gonna do that I have no idea :biggrin

#16 ·
Really? Something Chris owns? Neglected???!!!

You best be looking over your shoulder there boy....:shifty :lol

#19 ·
Funny you say that, it's like its now personal with these carbs, they have been through the ultrasonic cleaner twice and are soaking in solvent now.
Nothing lasts for ever! Deep breath, there will be a NEW Orange handle in your hands soon OBI WAN KENOBI or is it YODA!
I know, but i will have to hang this one on the wall, and create a relationship with a new screwdriver... See its the main one for carbs, and done thousands.

#18 ·
Nothing lasts for ever! Deep breath, there will be a NEW Orange handle in your hands soon OBI WAN KENOBI or is it YODA!

#21 ·
This is my screwdriver. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My screwdriver is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My screwdriver, without me, is useless. Without my screwdriver, I am useless.

:)

#23 ·
That was class TT :lmao:lmao:lmao

#22 ·
:lol^

#24 ·
Those carbs were risen from the titanic, buried in the desert, then put on a bike right?

Hanging the broken screwdriver on the wall to overlook your new one doing the work it used to do is just cruel and unusual punishment. Inanimate objects have quite a lot of feelings as well...

#27 ·
Where it broke you can cut the other side off and make a standard, or shave it flush and have a #4 for large screws, or sharpen it to a point and make an ice pick/prison shank.
Use your imagination, even a broken tool is a useful one in some way or another after some refinement.

#28 ·
Stab who's carbs they are in the leg!

#29 ·

CCM: Done, drill sergeant!

Drill Sergeant: [off screen] CCM! [Hurrying over] Why did you put that Carburetor together so quickly, CCM!?

CCM: You told me to, drill sergeant.

Drill Sergeant: [Looks at a stopwatch he is holding] Jesus H. Christ! This is a new company record. If it wouldn't be a waste of such a damn fine enlisted man, I'd recommend you for GDC mod status, Private CCM! You are gonna be a general someday, CCM! Now, disassemble your Next Carb and continue!

#35 ·
Yup, so I call some old friends (since I just moved back here in April but had lived here many years ago), got the snapon guys phone number, called him... It is the same guy. He remembered me and the guys at the dealership, remembered making this screwdriver for me (custom handle). Twenty some years later, and ordered me another free.
Still mad at your carbs, you know who you are..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.