Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Pair question

925 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  silver03 
#1 · (Edited)
Does the pair mod have any benefits besides stopping popping on decel and getting an accurate a/f ratio when tuning? I'm talking about the simple pair mod, just blocking the hose to the airbox?
Does it hurt to have the bike pop and shoot a flame on hard decel?
Is there any added power increase/decrease from doing this. I doubt it, but wanted to get the expert's opinions. I wondered because it must change the airflow past the o2 sensor a bit. I also heard it may smooth on/off throttle transition. Is that possible?
I did use search, but didn't find exactly what I wanted so I thought I'd ask.
Thanks

#2 ·
Shouldn't do any power changes really. Mostly just stops the extra air so that there's no popping or backfiring. Shooting flame isn't necessarily a good thing (street bikes anyways). It can help sometimes with throttle smoothness, but I don't think you'll even notice it. If you really wanna get a smoother throttle response, do the TRE mod.

#3 ·
remove all the hoses and connect the 2 plated together with a piece of the removed hose, plug the hole in the air box, go ride.. no difference in go-power but a lot neeter space under the air box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.