Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

So what do YOU want to see suzuki do in 2013

15K views 162 replies 65 participants last post by  TeflonTrout 
#1 ·
In all reality id guess that 2013 bikes are already pretty much done, but what would YOU Like to see, maybe in 2014.

I posed a question to a guy I know higher up in Suzuki America, and his response was basically "you tell us what you want"
So a lot of gsxr fans are wondering about next year and if anything cool is planned. I'm sure you can't say much but do you have any insight or hints? Maybe even other models in the street lineup? The forum likes bikes in general
Today

http://www.facebook.com/dschoeberle
Hi Joe!
I don't have any official 2013 GSX-R information yet. I can tell you that Suzuki is testing and engineers are always listening. So if your group has a wish list of GSX-R "must have" improvements...let me know. I'll push it up the chain. I can tell you we are looking forward to 2013 and increasing number of models in our line-up.
So I figure I would ask. Maybe they will listen.

#130 ·
I know this will stir some stuff up but save money by dropping the 750 and put the R&D into much of what was already mentioned. Let's face it..its kind of a pointless bike as far as a street bike is concerned. A race bike that can't be raced other then your local club?

That and many new riders can understand the 600 vs 1000 argument for a newer rider. Get rid of the 750 and you have even less idiots on way to much bike. You know..the 600s feel to small after they sit on a 750. :lol (Yes I know the 600 is way to much but hey, mitigate a little here and there where you can. Maybe insurance rates will go down lol)

It wont really affect sales, it didn't to the other companies that dropped their 750s. Just will mean more 600s or 1000s out there. Use the money you save by eliminating another platform you need to produce and maintain and put it where you are falling behind.

Although... I completely second the twin idea. Completely against what I just said..or maybe not, maybe a way to allow them to do this with minimal production and cost changes. The squid that I am I have no clue what its like riding a twin like a Ducati but o man I love that damn sound. That and the triple. Buddy can't come to grips getting rid of his tl1000r because of its sound and the..different feel. It's just extra character even if he knows how outdated, heavy, torquey and lacking in hp it is. He rides the thing pretty damn fast at the track passing enough newer 1000s in the blue group. The average guy I think just appreciates something different then straight numbers.

No clue what that will mean performance wise but it may help sell bikes lol. I'm looking for a used 675 as the next bike I buy. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck and just to have something a little different looking and sounding. Whether I get a newer gsxr or the triumph I'm not going to be stressing either for years, is the little things that will sway me. We all know it's my buddy's bike when he pulls up or away, something small like that can be a selling factor. You see the huge market for slip on exhausts that do little performance wise and just enhance the look and sound..

#134 ·
The sales I don't think would change,even if the 750 does outsell currently. There will be more 600s and 1000s that's all. Like I said its an awkward bike, a race bike you can't race. Or at the very least a race bike that contributes nothing to the bigger picture of the corporation. They outsell mainly because I think they are viewed as a "manly" 600. People feel they want more then a 600.. for some reason, but don't think they can handle/need a 1000. If it simply weren't available I don't think it would be terribly missed. It's like hearing how much easier a 750 is around town..lol...I thinks is placebo. Theres plenty of bottom end in 600s today for around town.

Plus let's say there's no R&D for the 750..the logistics and production costs to simply stock and manufacture the parts is reasonably high. The military is kind of proof of this. A lot of vehicles and aircraft are being designed for universal parts. You can cut storage, quantity, and production costs greatly by offering a smaller variety of parts. Offer 2 engines and its much cheaper then 3, even if you produce the same total amount.

As far as the gsxr is concerned I say screw ergos. Its a sport bike line up. The F4i is a sport touring bike. Make a full on twin race alternative to the 4s.

And I have nothing against or want to see the 750 go, just think its a viable thought to change the line up a bit. Id take a twin over a 750 anyway. An affordable Japanese priced comptetive twin I would even consider saying would outsell a 750. A twin 848 would replace the need for the 750 anyway for the guys wanting a middleweight with bottom end..and probably do it better. And they can get it on atleast an AMA grid

#135 ·
I now agree with even less of what you've typed than before. :wacko
You sound like someone who's never put more than a few miles at a time on a bike.

A modern 600 is torquey enough? :lmao Tell you what, ride a good long distance sometime and keep your revs in the bottom 1/3 of your rpm range; try passing without a downshift; Take off from a light at idle, see how that works out for ya. I do it all the time. 600's are SERIOUSLY short on low end for day to day use. There's plenty on tap up top but I for one have no desire to see 10k+ rpm all the time.

No one would miss it? speak for yourself. I for one would never buy a 600 when there is a 750 option. If there were no 750 I would look at a Triumph 675 or something with a little more meat in the midrange. I don't need or want a 1000 as, honestly, it's impossible to have fun on one without SERIOUSLY breaking the speed limit and risking life and limb. That's my biggest complaint with my current bike: fun=ludacris speed. In my ideal world, I'd have a 750 with bar risers, dropped pegs and a tailbag. I'd rack up 10k+ miles a year on it until it died. :punk
GSXR600? pass.

Screw ergos? Yeah, that's fine for racing or for a <1000mi/year poser but for real street use (farther than the corner Starbucks) ergos are a big deal. I put 8-10kmi a year on my bike but I still like a sporty ride and a bike that's less than 700lb (like most sport-tourers).

The F4i a sport-touring bike? Check out a Kawasaki Concourse sometime and tell me again that an F4i is in the same class. The F4i was a sportbike for the street; Good power (almost the same as the RR in it's early years) and slightly relaxed ergos; the best of both worlds.

There are FAR better ways to change up the lineup than to eliminate on of the most popular, universally praised, and all around best bikes they've ever made. :dissapointed

#136 ·
Lol...o boy. Don't even know where to start but this is getting derailed..

First..no I have never had a problem passing a car on my 11 year old 600..:lol
Who cares how the bike feels at 3k rpms when it redlines at 14k :shifty I've never had the need to go above 6-8k on even a highway on ramp to pass a car...not every green light has to be the start of the Indy GP :lol.

I've also never had the need to start while idling.....using a clutch and throttle at the same time isn't what I consider a chore lol.

Second, yes the F4i was their 600 sport tourer.

I ride 200+ mile rides every weekend. Some up to 5-600 No..its not the most comfortable but if I wanted a sportbike that can tour...I'd get a sport tourer. Not a RR.. I've put 10000 miles down since February lol

And as I said, replace it with a twin and you got your low end and something different.. everyone's happy. And a bike that can win races for Suzuki too. You said yourself you'd look at a tripple lol. I don't know why this offends you so much. Replace a race bike you can't race with a bike that is allowed to even take the grid.

You talk about posing yet your arguement is let's make a bike LOOK like a sportbike, but make it not so we can ride around and commute on it :shifty

Looks like a sportbike..raised bars...more neutral seating position...why have you not bought a 650R yet? I'm not even trying to be negative or anything, you are exactly kawasakis market when they made that bike. Or why not just get a SV.

To me personally it sounds like you'd have a better arguement telling Suzuki to make the SV sportier then the GSXR more comfortable.

The only reason I ride my gsxr on the street is only because I enjoy riding but can't afford a second bike to ride on the street on top of a sport bike for the track.

Either way opinions were asked, opinions were given.

#139 ·
hmm, I think someone just forgot that suzuki produces all kinds of motorcycles, not just sportbikes. how about dropping their cruiser lineup and putting all these moneys into the development of 600cc and 1000cc sportbikes? That doesn't make any sense, does it?
Suzuki makes bikes for profit, so if 750 is still profitable, they'll never cease it's production.
btw, maybe it would be nice to see an analog of connie14 or fjr1300 in the lineup, with shaft drive, I know there's a bandit1250, but it has a chain

#149 · (Edited)
A matching GSXR car. Suzuki would hit a home-run. Every guy/gal on here would buy one to match their bike. Paint-to-match even. I threw this idea out to Suzuki Canada and got a corporate letter stating basically that "Suzuki R&D is private and does not take outside ideas." The company is now mediocre at best due to that attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#152 ·
If your car looked like your bike would you? Take the lines of a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, add some more sexy lines to it, 300 + hp engine and a paint-to-match GSX-R paint job, and Suzuki's back in business. Looking around my Suzuki dealer I couldn't quite believe the same people who made the GSX-R were churning out these bread-loaf cars. Marry the bike engineers with the car engineers, target North America and every guy would have his bike on stands beside his GSX-R car.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#158 ·
The 750 is a legend- Suzuki should not, and luckily will not bin it. I still think my 750 was a better bike than my current 1000. Sure, the K6 is faster and "newer" more refined, I guess, less buzzy- but that 750... I never should have sold it :( I'm actually considering trying to get my hands on another 750.

As for the topic of the thread, I'd like to see a quick shifter, hid lights, and a back to basics approach: featherweight with brutal power and the handling to match. If that means Ohlins and Brembo, then so be it. Also drop the three spoke rims in favour of something else- preferably some BST carbons... (wishful thinking)

I'd also love to see 'n racing twin line-up, even if I've never ridden one. I love the sound and one day I'll own a Tl1000R.

#163 ·
About the Suzuki cars... I immediately think of them as the least economical econoboxes currently made. Poor styling, so-so build quality and reliability, and very poor fuel economy for the engine size. Granted, their line of cars does typically have more HP than their classmates, but that doesn't make up for the rest. I would not buy a Suzuki car to match my beloved GSXR for those reasons.

As far as wishlists? The 750 is legendary because it was the rare compromise that leaves everybody happy- 600-style asphalt scalpel handling with terrifying 1000-like brute force, with none of the drawbacks of either. It is the ideal blend of force and agility that I've idolized since I was a tyke blasting around the orchard on a mid '80s XR-75. Please don't wish for the 750 to go away.

Suzuki changed the face of motorcycle racing every time they released a new flavor of GSXR, and they did it by pioneering wild, nutjob ideas that were the kind of simple that requires a half-mad genius to come up with. I think we're due for some new kind of insanity. Maybe a single-width frame, one tube over the top and one tube under the bottom? Electronic front motor? Regenerative braking? I have no idea, myself.

Whatever it is, I want Suzuki to do the impossible and shock the world, yet again. Late 80's, mid 90's, and early 2000's style shock; the kind that makes the rest of the brands suddenly realize that their pants have been around their ankles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.