Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Yoshimura TLR Pics

16K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  SUZ-XR34 
#1 ·
Here are some detailed pics for you TLR guys. You can use as reference.

Enjoy..!

See less See more
#5 ·
Is that the TLR at Yoshimura, or the one that made into private hands? Last time I saw the one at Yoshimura it was an incomplete bike, with some of the unobtanum replaced with more ordinary (non kit) parts. There are a few guys out there with enough of the parts to build another two complete bikes with one only missing fairings. Doubt they'll ever get put together though.

#16 ·
I'm not trying to piss in your Wheaties here, and this has nothing to do with who knows anyone as I am but a simple long time customer of theirs. I asked if it was the TLR at Yoshimura...Yoshimura is located in Ontario, Ca. I just happen to live near Ontario and like many people find myself over there several times a year picking up parts. The first time I saw their TLR it was parked in the front lobby (many years ago). Have seen the same bike over there several times since, with the last time being several months ago. That's why I asked which bike you got pictures of (I'd love to see pics of the one that is in private hands). The last time I asked, an employee said there are only two (although I believe there's a third overseas somewhere) complete bikes left. One is/was at Yoshimura's corporate offices in Ontario, and the other was in a private garage in Southern California.

The TLR at Yosh has been loaned out from time to time, making appearances at dealerships like the Fun Center in/near San Diego. Every single time I've seen the TLR at Yoshimura I've been told by salesmen, race team members and other employees that are nice enough to take the time to give a quick tour that their TLR is not complete or as it last raced. I have no idea what parts are missing, or what might or might not have been replaced as I didn't care enough to ask and the bike looked complete to me. If this particular TLR is where it last raced, then maybe you've found a fourth.

Either way I wasn't trying to stir up controversy or get your panties in a bunch. They're great pictures of a bike that was never given a chance, and thank you sharing. :punk

#18 ·
i know the story of the parts that were shipped over to Europe some parts are now for sale,including two works engines that are still in the suzuki packing crates, i was told the bike was broken up to parts.

#19 ·
Sad that this bike was dismantled. :( One day, I'm going to (at great expense) make a replica of this bike. It may be in 5-10 years... :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.