Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Instagram thread

4K views 60 replies 22 participants last post by  Mr. Fluffer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what some peoples Instagram is. People who are pretty avid about posting bike pics, or any.
Never get enough bike pics

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#31 ·
I must be the only one on this forum who doesnt have a facebook, twitter, Vine,Kick,Instagram,etc...Im too busy with life...working,doing family stuff&other things to post pics so people can comment on them. Everyone that matters to me I text,email or speak to in person. i just dont understand why people feel the need to post pictures of the fuckin cheeseburger they just ate or the Ferrari they just saw on the road. :dunno

#32 ·
:stupid

I had a Facebook in college but haven't used it in years. Not sure if I remember my login:spit

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#34 ·
^ says the guys currently using one of the many forms of "social media" to bitch about "social media" :lmao :wacko.

Forums are just a slightly older form ;)

You bitching about using Facebook and the like is akin to vinyl fans bitching about MP3s.

#43 ·
^ says the guys currently using one of the many forms of "social media" to bitch about "social media" :lmao :wacko.

Forums are just a slightly older form ;)

You bitching about using Facebook and the like is akin to vinyl fans bitching about MP3s.

I can understand the technology, but kids are being raised without being taught repercussions of their social media actions. They don't have simple personal/social skills or the realization of what happens when you let EVERYONE on all your personal business.

I guess being involved with youth sports programs gives me exposure to how fucked up kids are these days....:dunno

#35 ·
Maybe you read it the way you wanted to, but there was no bitching involved,more like a statement as to where I stand on the topic. I honestly do not care,I just do not understand the fascination of posting every single aspect of one's daily events on Facebook or Twitter nor do I understand the fascination of "following" someone who you have never met(and chances are, never will meet).
If you misconstrued my not understanding the hype of social media to bitching about it I hope this post clears that up. ;)

#36 ·
I think he was responding to spike

#37 ·
Joe said "guys" so Im going with he meant both of us since we are both from an older generation(moreso Spike than me though!):lmao

#40 ·
I missed the s I read guy.....:facepalm

I was responding to all three really. Bitching was just a generic term.

All three are "complaining" or "don't get" social media... when you are all in fact very active members of social.media. just a different form.

All three of you actively share opinions and feelings on topics and have shared pictures etc. You just use a different format to do so.

Re: following. None of the three of you have ever met me, but I feel pretty certain you at least have a passing knowledge of the goings on in my race career... you in essence "follow" me, just on a forum instead of Facebook.

I on the other hand run a business. Two of them actually if you count the racing itself. It behooves me and my businesses to get as many people involved in my on track excursions as possible, be it you here on Gdc, or other mediums like Facebook, twitter, and instagram.

With that said I also use them for basic social interactions too. As I said they are "the same" as here on the forums... just different. Lol. Hell some of us started on old "BBS" systems. Facebook groups are almost a return back to that system but a bit enhanced and streamlined.

So your lack of "understanding" is comical. You use social media whether you know it or not. Just an older form. Forums.

Vinyl compared to MP3. But you're still listening to the same songs ;)
I can see that and understand forums are social media. I have nothing against social media I just don't use FB for personal reasons (when I was trying to get a job had a lot of stupid stuff from college on there and some other mistakes I've made). It makes sense for you to get your racing business out there and to keep a blog so followers can keep up to date. Almost all pro athletes do it. So I can understand where you are coming from.

The part I do agree with OGs statement is about updating everything people do or eat. Maybe I just think different but I'm not a fan of letting the world know I'm leaving on vacation etc.....

The forum is social media and I enjoy posting on it but I see the forum as different social media. People update what they are doing but not near as much as sites like Facebook or Twitter where every though or feeling is published. Like I said I have no issues with social media just don't use the major ones for personal reasons.

#38 ·
I was responding to all three really. Bitching was just a generic term.

All three are "complaining" or "don't get" social media... when you are all in fact very active members of social.media. just a different form.

All three of you actively share opinions and feelings on topics and have shared pictures etc. You just use a different format to do so.

Re: following. None of the three of you have ever met me, but I feel pretty certain you at least have a passing knowledge of the goings on in my race career... you in essence "follow" me, just on a forum instead of Facebook.

I on the other hand run a business. Two of them actually if you count the racing itself. It behooves me and my businesses to get as many people involved in my on track excursions as possible, be it you here on Gdc, or other mediums like Facebook, twitter, and instagram.

With that said I also use them for basic social interactions too. As I said they are "the same" as here on the forums... just different. Lol. Hell some of us started on old "BBS" systems. Facebook groups are almost a return back to that system but a bit enhanced and streamlined.

So your lack of "understanding" is comical. You use social media whether you know it or not. Just an older form. Forums.

Vinyl compared to MP3. But you're still listening to the same songs ;)

#39 ·
Oh and for what it's worth, I also avoided MySpace when it first started, Facebook when it first started, and Instagram when it first started, and I am still avoiding Twitter as much as possible but the fact is the internet changes and many of us evolve with it and how we use the Internet.

#41 · (Edited)
Well if you insist on grouping a bulletin board forum in the same category as FB or Twitter so be it. So in essence,lite beer would be categorized the same as grain alcohol;yes,they are all forms of alcohol no matter that the differnce between light beer as compared to grain alcohol is night and day.
Its not comical,Im just not splitting hairs here.
That being said,my involvement in social media would be akin to drinking light beer(this forum) whereas you using twitter/facebook would be the same as drinking grain alcohol. Two vastly different,although as you pointed out,the same.
The day i catch myself Tweeting what I just ate or how im having a bad hair day such as Kim Kardasian would do I will make sure I hav Anthony choke me out and knock some sense into me :lol

And I dont follow you here on GDC,Im not really into the road racing scene as most of the forum is. Sure,i know you do it as I read your posts in the main forums and see your sig but thats about all I know about your endeavors.
I do however,stalk you ....you just dont know it :shifty

:lol

#48 ·
The way an average adults uses Facebook and the way a star uses it vary quite a bit. :wacko. I think you have a limited and skewed view of what it is :cheers.

Stars update dumb shit like that, because dumb people like it. It is promoting for them.

Many kids do too, as it is either emulating their stars or simply their lives aren't that interesting lol.

An average person would only update relatively menial stuff like that if it was out of character for them. For instance I may not update I had a cheeseburger at Hardee's. I may however update I had one at a badass restaurant like the vortex in Atlanta. See the difference?

If used responsibly it is a great way to know the goings on in peoples lives who you care to know about. And it mostly filters out the rest based on your usage and settings.

#46 ·
My daughter will turn 11 in two weeks. She is not allowed to have FB or Instagram for the same reasons Spike mentioned. We monitor her meticulously as well,the problems pop up when she sleeps at a friends house whose parents are not as diligent

#50 ·
Let me add though it is a good way for friends to stay in contact that are all around the world. I know all social media has a very positive side as well as it's negative side. It's all how people decide to use it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#51 ·
No doubt.

For people well into niche sports and like minded it is much easier to connect across a larger audience... ie the world lol.. than at home.

For instance, I have had TWO local friends who were like minded in motorcycling and other aspects (guns, no kids etc). It doesn't help that I live in a rural area. But also that most people around here either ride like assholes, or have kids and as such it actually puts a burdon on friendship when I don't have kids... many people don't understand it.

On the other hand there is the "farm" group from here that we are in contact daily and groups of us regularly fly across the world to hang out with each other. They are very real friendships. Not just internet friends (although I have a few of those as well). We all share very similar life views and opinions. There is absolutely no way I could have befriended that many like minded people locally without some form of social media on the internet. I have local friends/aquantences but none near as close as those I have met on here across the nation and world.

#52 ·
I've Instagramed several great pictures & I got very little response from people, so I stopped. :chucks

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.