Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR 750 2001 into GSXR 750 1996 engine swap

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GSXR-Freak 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm a owner of Suzuki GSXR 750 year 1996 and my engine has allready died. It is realy hard to buy a GSXR engine in my country and i got a chance to buy engine from GSXR 750 year 2001.

Can you help me and tell me what need to be changed? I do not want to use fuel injection because is too much expensive. I want to use my carburettors.

#2 ·
Your carbs will not fit on the new head without some major fab work. Your better off finding a FI setup with the motor.

John

#4 ·
The problem with keeping the carbs is that the intake spacing does not match up. You would have to fab up some intake manifolds to change the spacing from the 01 head so it would match the spacing of the 96 carbs.

Even if you got that to work, you would still have problems with the crank sensor not matching the ECU of the 96... So many things that you would have to make work, it would cost a LOT more in the long run.

Find a crashed 01 and rape it for what you need.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.