Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2013 Yoshimura limited 1K

15K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  IYAOYAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody heard of this bike for 2013.
I just heard about it today from my friend that works at a Suzuki dealer. He told me that there will 3 versions of this bike being released. The lowest at $18K and the the highest at $25-26K. The only differences will be cosmetic stuff, rotors, wheels, etc... None of the options will have motor mods besides the exhaust.

#4 ·
If it is similar to the "Yosh Limited" 750 (or 600 maybe) they recently put out, it is a joke. They put a bunch of Autozone-ish type trinkets on it and jack up the price by $3-4k.

Complete marketing scheme. The bike is no faster, no better and no more useful than a "regular" Gixxer. But they give it a special name and call it "limited" in hopes that people won't do the math and realize they are charging you $4,000 for $400 worth of shit.

Sad part is...it will work. There will be lots of parking lot pimps who will buy the bike just so they can say they have a "Limited Yosh Edition". Then i would bet a paycheck the next paragraph will be full of lies, probably about how Yosh put a special motor in it etc.

#5 ·
Would have been nice if they would have made this bike 200hp to the tire and say f*** you BMW and Kawasaki.

#9 ·
The problem is, humans by nature are never satisfied. Suzuki gives us just a little improvement every 3 years or so. Just enough to say "this bike is better", but not enough to actually "raise the bar".

...which gives them plenty of room to improve on that bike in 2-3 years.

...and repeat.

They could easily put out a bike that put 190hp to the wheel, stock, on pump gas. But they wont.

BMW and Kawi have been the first and only "mass produced" bikes to deviate from that mentality/MO and say "to hell with everyone, we are creating a beast".

#10 ·
junk. it is not a justifiable increase in price at all. since it comes with yosh bits in certain places, one cannot count the retail price as practical... what i mean is that a special yosh chain adjuster for $50 is not a directly justifiable increase in price, because the OEM one does not come with the machine. the thing has like $1500 in yosh accessories, but unless the OEM equivalents come in a baggy with the machine, it makes no difference.

#11 ·
i have seen it at the dealer show it is stunning in person, and im not one for bling. i would bet the paint alone would be 3k. yosh told be they sold 55 limmited 750/600s last year so there must be a market for it. the reason it dosent have any motor goodys and it only has bolt ons is it has to still pass emisions. so they cant. that stuff would have to be dealer installed.

jason

#12 ·
But yet somehow BMW and Kawi seem to pass emissions. I am not buying that excuse.

Granted, the Kawi does it by "manipulating" the max power RPM, but that is easily remedied once the bike is purchased.

#18 ·
but for a one off, it costs a fortune to get it past epa. a small quantity of "specials" like this. for a company like yosh. it wouldnt be feasable. and suzuki would never alow it to happen. they got in some leagle trouble with the epa a few years ago from the ltr450 and the rmx.

im not going to get into this pissing contest about hp/ tc/abs there is plenty of other threads that horse was BEAT dead about 2 months ago.

jason

#13 ·
The best route would be just to buy a regular stock one, spend $5K on motor goodies, then you will have an HP4 and ZX10R killer.

Damn that color is nice though....

#20 ·
You would just be wasting your money. My friend has a $25,000 1198s Corse Edition Ducati and I blow right buy him like he is standing still. And the Panigale thats here in town don't want none of me either. BMW HP4 is nice, but to expensive for this poor boy.

Suzuki is my champion!

#19 · (Edited)
Yeah, don't need all that abs, traction control and ant-wheelie bullshit. Right hand control and experience takes care of most of that.

#26 ·
Suzuki sold 1 mil gsxr units, i dont think suzuki/yoshimura are going to stress trying to sell these few bikes, they sold some earlier special yoshi 600cc editions but even if a few on here find it a waste of money there are going to be some OG suzuki/yosh guys, ballers & other die hard squids out there who want them.

#32 ·
#37 · (Edited)
EPA Noise Compliant R-77 Stainless/Carbon Fiber Slip-On Exhaust System $423.26
Fender Eliminator Kit$74.66
Chassis Protectors$93.46
Steering Stem Nut$26.31
Axle Adjuster Blocks$62.21
Bar Ends$37.31
Race Stand Stopper$25.16
Suzuki Solo Cowl (Custom Painted)$63.57
Case Savers$161.81
Engine Plug Kit$35.65
Oil Filler Plug$24.86

Total= $1027.86

all part prices were taken from the STG site, with the exception of the cowl, which was an OEM price that i took from Suzukipartsnation. The race stand stopper price is the price for driven spools, as STG didn't have any listed for yoshi. this means that yoshimura wants to charge an additional $3472.04 for bodywork with a special sticker scheme (sale price of 4500 considered, not 5000). their claim of a custom paint job is ludicrous because it is not custom. custom denotes a one-off production, to the demand of a customer. so is anyone still interested in paying 5k more for a 2013 with $1027 in extra parts? if you bought the LE, you still would be out the value for the OEM stuff, which you could at least sell if you bought the stupid kit after the fact to offset a cost. i am completely disappointed in yoshimura right now.

P.S. If you called Jason at ext 210, he will still give you a sweeter price than those listed.

edit- and you STILL won't have any sort of a better performing machine at fucking all. yosh should give their head a fucking shake.

#41 ·
Exactly.

I was being a little sarcastic in my first post when i said "they are charging you $4,000 for $400 worth of shit". I didnt actually do the research/math. But you are exactly right. It is a joke and a rip off.

You want to build an "LE" and jack the price up $5,000? Then install Magnesium Marchesini's, REAL Brembo calipers, a Brembo MC and a TTX rear shock on it. THEN you have a special bike that is worthy of the additional costs.

#38 ·
Just reminds me of craigslist really. Somebody buys a bike brand new, finaces it and buys a bunch of shiny bits, then tries to sell it next cycle saying bs like "parts alone are worth $x amount, this is a deal, no other bike on the road like it." If they did some internals then I'd be interested. But like MacBayne showed, you're better off buying the parts from a third-party.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.