Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR 1000 Issues in JR Comp Dragster

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jaykb2006 
#1 ·
We have a 01-02 GSXR 1000 set up in my sons JR Comp Dragster...its 100% stock except for the slyder clutch. We have ran it for over a year with no issues but now...

If you raise the RPM over lets say 5K when the engine trys to return to idle it will drop way down in the 800 RPM range and start to black smoke and sputter for 5 or so seconds then it clears up and will come back to idle.

Its also way "Fat" or rich when I do this, we have never had this issue and I have changed what I can such as fuel, fuel filter, plugs and checked the Fuel PSI ( 43 psi)

Can anyone give me some advice on what to check...injectors, sensors, etc ??

Thanks Tony

#4 ·
A couple of days ago we fixed a 01 1000 wich had the same symptoms..
After checking the manual we found out that it should have 1.1 closed and 4.3 open
the only problem was that it was not reacting right when closing the throttle...it also wasn't calibrated right (to be seen in the dash)
After fitting a new one and calibrating it,all problems were solved...

Since you haven't got a dash;

when I had to calibrate my secondary TPS it had to be 500 ohm exactly or else it would throw a errorcode..

maybe this also works for the TPS itself

http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrfiles/c28stps.pdf

#5 ·
Got any pics of this jr dragster ? sounds like a badass toy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.