Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Did you get out for a ride today? Pics?

55K views 558 replies 122 participants last post by  Gixxerider86 
#1 ·
Weather was just too nice so I HAD to leave work early and go for a spin. Went out to Sidney and took some pics by my wifes uncles fish market.
Where did you go today?:biggrin

Attachments

See less See more
#326 ·
My back was ok but my legs cramped up a fair bit after a few hours. The roads were amazing though... There was a section going through the Rocky mountains where I was just cooking, the bike was feeling awesome, no traffic and smooth pavement. I was ahead of the pack and figured I could go faster and faster through the turns. That was about the time I slowed down and let someone else lead... No need to push my luck :biggrin

#317 ·
ahhh The Great Ocean Road !!!!
13 years ago, i was on holidays downunder, and had a rental bike (TRX 850), and was touring the Grampians and the GOR - i had a blast - great riding !
When going to my first tank stop out of Melbourne, i walked in the petrol station with my helmet on, and promptly was shout at to take it of...crazy people there....:dunno

#321 ·
NICE BIKE LEZ,1988 frame 89rrk- so you've got a collection too, which one is the 1100 head for?

5 days , shit my back would be fucked !!!
MY LEGS

good to see your having fun Kiro

#330 ·
I've been swamped with work since I got back from my trip at the end of June but here are some photos from the trip.

We travelled about 2,200Kms over 5 days doing a loop of a section of BC called the Kootenays, went into Alberta into the Banff National Park and then down the Fraser Canyon back home.

When we headed out the temps got as high as 33 degrees Celsius but then once we got into the Okanagan up in Kamloops it was 43 degrees (110 Fahrenheit). I had to wrap a t-shirt over my seat because the vinyl I had it recovered with, couldn't take the heat (have to recover the seat now).

That said, it was an awesome trip! We found some really twisty roads out there and my bike didn't care about the excessive heat at all. It just kept moving like it was any old day. It was so hot in some spots the gas tank was percolating fuel out of the gas cap key lock, but my bike didn't care... Just kept going.

Pictures:

Second day about 7am at Manning Park. Getting ready to ride to Princeton for breakfast.

Second day somewhere between Princeton and Salmo (Southern Kootenays)

Second Day on the Creston side of the Salmo Creston Pass. One of the guys needed some relief

Third day, just after lunch. A little place called Canal Flats on our way to Radium and then up to Banff.

Third day coming down the hill into Banff, you see this amazing cliff right in front of you.

The bikes right after we rolled into Banff Alberta

#7: Lake Louise Alberta

After that, it just got to darn hot to take photos but that was about the half way point.

#332 ·
After that said:
you should have jumped in the water ,you soon dry out :biggrin

#334 · (Edited)
#337 ·
looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.