Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2011 Suzuki GSX-R750 Review

63K views 97 replies 66 participants last post by  Insanegixxer750 
#1 ·

Does a middleweight sportbike powered by a carbureted, air/oil-cooled engine with a claimed 106 crank horsepower spinning a slim 140 x 70/18 rear tire sound exciting? If it was 1985, and the above mystery bike's color scheme is blue and white, then it was the Suzuki GSX-R750 that would've had you geeked.

A Gixxer 750 with 106 ponies. How times have changed.

The GSX-R750 – arguably the bike that started the replica racer revolution – marked its 25th anniversary in 2010. Oddly, Suzuki decided to celebrate the noteworthy birthday last year by creating a limited edition GSX-R1000, designated by little more than special paint and "25th Anniversary Edition" on the mufflers and wheel rim striping.

For us in the States, 1986 was the first time we could zip down the road on a Gixxer, so this year is something of an unofficial 25th anniversary for the 750 in America. Thankfully, we at least have an upgraded and lighter weight GSX-R750 in 2011 to celebrate with – even if we're the only ones partying.

More: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750 Review on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#12 ·
Oh, I'm not biased just for the 06+ models. As personal preference, my favorite Gixxer body style is the 03-04 1000 and 04-05 600/750. My '03 Gix 600 was a tad bulky compared to my Zix 6, however, different manufacturers. :) Regardless, I'll never get the full potential of a CBR250R! :D At least I'm honest.

#15 ·
Blue and white is arguably the best colour for a gixxer, But they really need to pull their fingers out in the cosmetics department, post 5 is right, it looks unfinished and bland and thought they would loose that awfully big clumpy looking headlight this time round I would like to see the more angular, sharp lines like those of a zx10r or r1 brought to the Suzuki design board and for that reason Suzuki this year your fired

#17 ·
Colors clash. Looks like it's been crashed and repaired with panels from different year bikes.

#20 ·
I hate the fact that the didnt put projector lights on the 2011.. I love the lights on my K9 and my wifes L0. We ride @ night alot and the projectors are awesome and safe. I also don't like that little black piece of fairing under the gas tank! Even though they say its a faster bike cause of all these changes, I still think that the lights should if been left unchanged. Most of us wont be taking it to do competitive racing with it anyways..

#25 ·
Guys really? you think the 11 is bad looking? ok i'm not argue about the looks, as i'm not much into the aesthetics to deep, but did you guys try the bike yet?

its lighter, all new chasis, brembo brakes ???? doesnt this count for anything?

i've got a k7 and totally happy with it.

but this is about the k11, i really like how they built the body of this bike, like the tail for instance. i think its a piece of art. the lines and curves are further developed from the older ones.

did i mention the k11's size and weight is noticeably different

i had owned gsxr750's since the 90's - i had the 94sp - and only saw the need to upgrade when the 97 srad came out. my next upgrade was when the k series came out i did get the thou in 2001, but too much machine for me and went back to the 750 a k3, loved it better!

I didnt see the value of the k4 or k5 but when the k6 came out - it was a completely new bike, so i got the k7 and i'm having a blast.

Again didnt see the value to upgrade to the k8,9 or 10.

This k11 is a new bike, it has enough improvements to justify an upgrade, and i will get one, but from where i'm from, it'll be 2012 till i have one in my garage.

#26 ·
if i was in the market i would buy one. just from the several upgrades it has, not to mention the power to weight ratio is much better than the K6/K7 i was racing.as a matter of fact , i will back at the track later this year, sure bet i will have to rely on my skills against the newer model.

#28 ·
Saw one at the dealer on Saturday. I have a 09 750.
What’s nice about the K11 is the under tail, its eye candy. And the exhaust + it’s a lighter bike. The only down side is it’s not as nice looking as the k6 to k9’s. But that’s IMO. I guess if I'm going to make an argument about weight. I can get a new battery, Use some power pures.... and the list goes on to shave off some weight from the K9. But the K11 is still a nice bike. I wouldn’t buy one until they make another leap in technology for the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.