Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

beating a dead horse. (headlight wire question)

732 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
ive found the problem but now the issue is my electric wiring skills. has anyone ever done or know of a write up on how fix that wiring issue? anything would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
Combination of rubbish connector and small wiring.

#6 ·
what you could do is find where the wires plug in at each end then run a 5ft length and jump it, connect it and make sure its not heating up and everything is good that way, if it solves the problem then clip the original wire(s) and run the new jumper(s) as the new circuit, maybe put a fuse in line to be safe if that gets bypassed?

I believe the shop manual has the wiring diagram so you can find out where the wire plugs in where and what color it is, I think there are 2 switches that complete the circuit, on the lift I know theres the high/low

I dunno if the wiring goes to the right side in the harness but UK bikes had the on/off/tail switch on that side so you'll have to figure out with the schematic where the hot wire actually runs?

hard to say if the UK models actually have a different wire harness or if its the same and the switch is the only difference? my guess is its just the switch and the harness's are all the same, so you could plug in a UK right control switch and have the on/off, I know you can on the 99-00 busas so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.