Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Check Stays on display 1999 GSXR

7K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Hi
Hope someone can help & shed light on a problem I have. My bikes starts on the button & rides faultlessly but my clocks constanty displays the word CHEC & never displays the temp. I read that if i put a wire on the 2 conectors to the fault reading plug under the rear seat this should give me my fault code.
Tried this & it still just displays the word CHEC & does not display any codes. I do not have the red warning light come on either only when I first turn the key on which is normal. Please help!

Thanks

#2 ·
Check the bonehead mistake first (the one I could see myself making): Did you bridge the two wires that enter the plug, and didn't accidentally put the wire in one of the empty slots? I don't want to be insulting, but I can see myself doing that- it's the simple things that get me the most often.

#3 ·
_+1

#6 ·
Do a detailed search on here. Been a lot recently with this maybe that will shed some light

#8 ·
I assume that this is a 750 then?

If so, your check on the dash points to a sensor or safely check that did not pass.
with the key turned off, jump the wires then turn on the key, it still says check?

John

#10 ·
Couldn't be a dodgy display on the clocks?

#13 ·
im having the same problem after doing an engine swap in my 99 750, i can say my guages were tossed around a bit when i moved it for the third time but the only thing different about mine is the tach stays on 0 not a big deal (still havent checked air gap on the tone wheel) my main issue is trying to get rid of the chec stuck in the temp display

#15 ·
Yes I believe it it is, the only 3 things that should make the chec stay in the display is the side stand down in gear, the kill switch and the tilt sensor. Both the side stand switch and the kill switch have been bypassed, and it ran fine for months like that with no problems. I did remove the PAIR system but all the connectors are electrically plugged in, could removing that system cause this problem? The only thing I can think of other than that is I literally beat the gauges to death lol

#17 ·
ecu disconnected shows chec too
maybe look at that front connector near the left side of radiator and see if its the weak link between ecu and dash or double check the ecu connector and gauge connector for damaged pins
Kill, tilt and sidestand faults would not let the bike start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.