Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Bell RS-1 or Scorpion Exo 1100

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  SportbikeTrackGear 
#1 ·
Whats up all.Trying to decide on which helmet to get.
I have a Scorpion Exo 750 at the moment. not a bad helmet but just trying to move up to lighter and better helmet.
I like the Bell Star but i don't have the scratch for that right now.
I've been torn between the Bell Rs-1 and Exo 1100.

both have similar features for the price range..
what do you guys think?
I'm leaning towards the Bell :dunno

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
RS-1 hands-down. I own two of them (Born Free and Steam Punk) and I have the self-tinting photochromic shield... NEVER carry an extra shield again!!

Here is my mini-review of the RS-1......

Bell RS-1: Holy Effin' Shitballs

Now, to be completely fair, the Scorpion in question is really new, and I've never worn it. BUT it is the next progression from the EXO-1000 with the same equipment (like the dropdown sunshade) that adds a lot of weight. It's a heavy ass helmet, though I'm certain this newer one is probably a little lighter. The airflow has never really been good on these either.

I have an EXO-900 and haven't worn it in over a year. I own a killer Shoei RF-1100 that I bought right when it was released... it hasn't been worn in MONTHS because of how much better the RS-1 is.

#16 ·
Thanks K3Gixx!
yea.. im not a fan of the drop down glasses.. i heard they rattle when not dropped down.
the only thing i like about the Scorpion is the no fog shield which is said to be the best in the market.

also, sweet review on the Bell.
its going to be the RS-1 for sure in Matte Black.

i know STG carries Bell.. Hey Jason, any sales on Black Friday for the RS-1? :biggrin

#15 ·
Im probably gonna be getting an rs1 for my next helmet aswell. Either that or a hjc rps10

#19 ·
have you tried fitting both helmets?

fyi, the bell star & bell rs-1 have slightly different shapes.
i have minor pressure points wearing a Star in SMALL. but could only squeeze on a MEDIUM in the RS-1 due to major pressure points in the temples. I can actually fit in an XS STAR which is even more weird...

i'm an neutral-intermediate oval (icon airframe currently)

#20 ·
helmet just came in today.
ABSOLUTELY happy and stoked!
actually wearing it now as i am typing. :punk
the fit is amazing. fits very similar to my Scorpion Exo 700. no pressure points at all. (both Large size helmets)
the interior is amazing. super soft.
im in NJ and its going to be 60 on Monday + i Have off!
def taking this thing out for a ride.

big Shout Out to Jason at STG. thanks brotha! :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.