Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Sprockets and chain sizes 07' gsxr 600

42K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoMummy 
#1 ·
Simple question but can't find the answer online, I bought an 07 gsxr 600 and the guy that I bought it from has bigger sprockets on the front and rear I need to replace them both, I just want to go to stock size, anyone know the size for both sprockets and chain or a good recommendation? Also the bike has a small black box under the passenger seat that says speed-o-healer, I think it's to adjust the speedometer because of the bigger sprockets but I'm not sure, so when I go back to stock size will the speed O healer need adjusting or do I just leave it be??? Thanks in advance for the help, a cheap web site to get the parts would be helpful also thnx

#2 ·
Stock sprocket count is 16 front and 43 rear with a 525 pitch. If you are interested in upgrading it the most common change is -1 +2 or 15 front and 45 rear with a 520 pitch.

The speedo healer is a nice piece to keep on the bike, the stock gearing can still produce incorrect readings in the neighborhood of 5-7% off actual speeds.

What is your intentions for the bike? Do you intend on replacing both sprockets and chain or do you just have a worn chain you need to replace? The sprockets will have information stamped on them to tell you what you have now.

You can purchase chain kits from motomummy.com they are a sponsor here and have some of the lowest prices on chain kits anywhere.

#3 ·
Stock sprocket count is 16 front and 43 rear with a 525 pitch. If you are interested in upgrading it the most common change is -1 +2 or 15 front and 45 rear with a 520 pitch.

Well the chain seems to be in decent shape but the rear sprocket is rough, if I roll on the throttle even a little more than just cruisin it starts to slip, and I'm wanting to go back to stock size or close cuz what ever size is on it now is to much work, just to go 50 or so mph just going down the street I need to be in 6th so that my rpms aren't sky high, I do a fair amount of riding and like the power I get from the bigger sprocket but I'm pretty sure the previous owner had the bigger sprocket for stunting and what not, basically what I'm getting at is I want power but I don't want to need to be in 6th everywhere I go when I'm just going down a road that's 45mph ya know, do what size would be best also when I change em out how do I adjust the speed o healer or does it adjust itself

#5 ·
Well -1 +2 would make you run 8k rpms at 75 mph.

If your sprockets are worn good chance your chain is worn and needs replacing also. Go with a 520 kit.

520 pitch is slightly thinner in width than stock pitch which is 525. So a 520 kit will be lighter and yield you a little more performance even if you go with stock gearing(16,43).

#6 ·
Replace all three at once. If not the worn chain will quickly wear the new sprockets

Stock is 16/43 525. Id go with a new 16/43 520 kit though, as the good 520 chains are BETTER than the 525 chains.

And yes, the speedohealer will need adjusting

#7 ·
+1 on going with a quality 520 chain kit with stock gearing. Just remember when you put the oem tooth counts on there that you need to remove the speedohealer or reprogram it.

I would recommend the Driven evo spec superlight steel chain kit if you're just using it as a street bike. Will last a very long time, lightweight (for a steel rear sprocket) and priced well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.