Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

266K views 10K replies 57 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·
This bud's for you, Bart.

#4,687 ·
A friend of mine is going to be doing a bunch of hiring for his company's IT department soon.Let me know if you guys are interested or know anyone who is.Its a large company with over 200 stores in Europe thats just starting out in the US.They are going to build a bunch of stores who are suppuse to compete with Wallmart,Target etc.Their office is in midtown NYC.

#4,706 ·
You'll probably like the 18 more then.

I prefer 20. I want to be able to control my brakes by 1% if I want.

But I can and have used whatever. Brakes are over rated anyway. All they do is slow you down.

More gas. Less brake. Pin it to win it. :w00t

#4,708 ·
^^hmm. great explanation, thanks. Ill have to look into both of those.

what do you mean by "selling certificates"? Is it a way to "legally" claim Versah contingency money w/o running Versah via a loophole, or is it shady?

#4,709 ·
Shady

Nobody can see your pads. So as long as they run the stickers they get paid but don't have vesrah pads. Then they either redeem and sell the pads or some shops will take them as cash since they get credit on their parts unlimited order I think.

#4,713 ·
Damp/wet is OK. Driving flooding rain is not.

No heat and they will destroy themselves because of it.

#4,725 ·
I think the 05 is the new one. I never tried it. It came out after I moved to SBS.

Honestly they are so damn close I would use either. But I am sponsored by SBS. I was offered sponsorshp by both, but PF was late to the game and I had already commited to SBS.

#4,726 ·
Since the 07's are very similar to the SBS DC's and are more rain friendly, I will try them next.

Jay, the abrupt brakes will snag you in t9 when you're full leaned over and on the brakes if you're not careful.

#4,727 ·
I never tried the Performance friction in the rain.

Any dual carbon type pad (Not sintered metal) could suffer the same issue.

Race pads, are not always good for rain. :dunno

#4,733 ·
#4,737 ·
OK, those are the 209 GP-A, they are an older tire.

The GP-As that most of us use are the 211GP-A, which is the AMA spec tire. Even with the 209GP-A I think you would still want to run warmers with them.

What tires are you using right now? I would stick with that brand, the one you are used to. If you ran Michelin's for years, I wouldn't switch to a Dunlop. You probably wouldn't like the Dunlops if you did. I ran Dunlops on all of my bikes, all the way back to the D-207s and D-208s on my Ninja.

#4,735 ·
Looks like you are talking JUST a rear, not a set. I was wondering on those prices :lmao

#4,740 ·
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Im still just seeing Power One 2ct though. Cant find a Power One "Commercial" anywhere. O well.

yeah, just the rears, I figured the price ratios are pretty much the same.

Im interested in trying the Pirellis coming from only riding Michelin all my life. Just read that their carcasses are about the same, with Pirelli being on the softer side. I would keep on riding Mich, but its not like I have been riding THAT long. So switching over to a new tire shouldnt bug me out too bad. I hope.

Why do tires have to be so damn expensive :facepalm

#4,744 ·
Well it's the 190/55 which is certainly a perfectly good tire, but they (as in AMA pros) stopped using at the start of 2012 when the 190/60 became the new spec tire size, so I'm guessing they are getting rid of the old stock at more affordable pricing. TPM doesn't even carry the 190/60 rear. I have 2 of Chris' takeoffs waiting to mount for next season to see how they feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.