Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New Member (England)

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  actiondan06 
#1 ·
Well hi everyone, new member and pretty new rider too.

A little about me, first started riding in June on an Aprilia RS 125 and soon got bored lol, as much fun as it was, it just wasnt big enough (not just power but size either) so decided to hunt around for a bigger bike.

Came across the GSXR 600 K1 and hunted for what I believed to be a good buy (if there's such a thing lol) anyway found a K1 1999 with 17k on the clock and I snapped it up for £1400 and was chuffed (infact I felt like a 12yr old again!) So now I'm still getting used to riding a bigger bike, but I'm glad I started on an RS because it's a racing bike (even if it is a 125) this got me used to leaning and how a racing bike rides (as opposed to a YBR lol) but I still have a lot to learn.

Anyway this is feeling like an essay lol, there's a few questions I have i.e; Lights and brake upgrading and rain tyres. But will look else where in the forum for that.

#6 ·
Well hi everyone, new member and pretty new rider too.

A little about me, first started riding in June on an Aprilia RS 125 and soon got bored lol, as much fun as it was, it just wasnt big enough (not just power but size either) so decided to hunt around for a bigger bike.

Came across the GSXR 600 K1 and hunted for what I believed to be a good buy (if there's such a thing lol) anyway found a K1 1999 with 17k on the clock and I snapped it up for £1400 and was chuffed (infact I felt like a 12yr old again!) So now I'm still getting used to riding a bigger bike, but I'm glad I started on an RS because it's a racing bike (even if it is a 125) this got me used to leaning and how a racing bike rides (as opposed to a YBR lol) but I still have a lot to learn.

Anyway this is feeling like an essay lol, there's a few questions I have i.e; Lights and brake upgrading and rain tyres. But will look else where in the forum for that.
Thanks for the welcome :)

I just re-read my post and my bike is a '99 SRAD lol not sure how I failed to mention that....
So it's a '99 and not a K1 then?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.