Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gixxer 750 vs 600cc vs Literbike?

25K views 79 replies 47 participants last post by  LaxBuddy21 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, first post here. Just one question... (strong username to post correlation)

I'm in the market for a new bike. I'm looking to trade in my SV, which was my 1st bike. I'm looking to stay with Suzuki, and the 750 has caught my eye. Truth be told, my motorcycles are my only transport & daily commuters to school, work, parties, functions, etc. I hear I-4 600s are too "revvy" for any street use. Any truth to that? I know literbikes have the torque & pull downlow but is it worth the extra insurance to be oozing with unusable power? That comes to the 750, which I hear is the right balance between torque & horsepower. Opinions? Suggestions? I don't care about ergos or anything I'm young so I can handle that lol. Price is somewhat of a factor. If a 600 fits the bill I'll take the lower price/insurance, but whatever it takes.

Too long, didn't read?
-OP wants new bike
-600 vs 750 vs 1000cc for commuting
-No care for ergos, comfort, blah blah blah
-Price has minimal input

#80 ·
Love the 750 and I have never felt the need to wind it up in traffic because I don't need to set quarter Mike records on my daily commute. The bike still has more than enough power under 7k to avoid anything you need to in traffic. Its the perfect street bike IMO and I also came from an SV650.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.