Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Someone buy this before I do

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  SLVR1 
#1 ·
http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/3442916654.html

FOR SALE : 1986 GSXR750 , 23K , Vance and Hines exhaust , Solo seat cover .. Bike is in great condition for being 26 years old. The bike has been garaged for 10 years and will need to be gone through such as .. Tires , Battery , Carbs tuned , chain ect .. The things you would expect from sitting that long.. This was the first year the Gsxr model was ever sold in the US and is a true collectors bike .. 1,500 obo

No affiliation etc etc. It's a damn clean bike for a killer price.

See less See more
#14 ·
Holy cow, that is a tough pill to swallow. Know the feeling with regards to the WIF. Do what you gotta do...but that is a NICE bike. I know it's said, "another one will come around" but opportunity only knocks once. So, play on!

Ed

#16 ·
It's gonna be tough to sleep...at least it would for me because I would be so excited.

I paid $3K for my first bike without any hesitation. The seller saw my reaction and knew I was serious.

Don't tease yourself if you have no intention...can you walk away without feeling like it shouldn't be yours?

See why it's gonna be a restless night?

Ed

#22 ·
I probably could but reality hit me when I walked in the garage this morning. I really don't ride my oilers much and I need to sell everything except maybe one 1100 or my DRZ. It just that it is the identical bike I bought new as a leftover in 87. More sentimental than practical thinking on my part. I didn't and couldn't sleep for shit last night but I need to concentrate on drag car.
I just got off the phone w/ him. He still has it, open clean title in 1st owner's name. He bought it 10 years ago while in high school from girl friend's dad who bought new 12/22/86 I think he told me the other day. Looks like real easy bike to restore and enjoy so go at it boys. Cheers, Bobby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.