Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Any useful riding tips for my new srad 600???

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Armi 
#1 ·
As in title have any of you guys or gals got any useful Riding tips for the srad 600? I'm new to the bigger sports bikes my last bike was a Aprilia rs125
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Take it for a ride along a route you know from the rs. It rides almost the same. Just a bit more weight. The brakes are no where near as good as the rs. This is where the extra 60kg shows. I rode my srad from Chelmsford to new London on the day I bought it and was surprised how similar the feedback is to the rs.

#3 ·
Thanks! I've had a little play the day I got it but only short as no full liscence yet, test Wednesday! :) the increase of power overtook my senses tho lol. That's a lot less heavier than I fought it wud be, tank on it is huge! I've heard the brakes aren't to great and was thinking what's the best way to upgrade them? I currently have standard set-up with braided hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Get a new master cylinder that apparently sorts most of the brakes out. I have rebuilt the callipers and it didn't seem to make much difference to lever feel although there was more initial bite. Trust me the weight makes its self known. Did you see Lorenzo's crash from the weekend. I had almost that just after I bought it. Just managed to stay on.

#5 ·
Good luck for Wednesday mod1 or mod? Either way good luck.

#8 ·
I'm looking at brembo RCS radial master. Pricey but probably worth it

#12 ·
There's some guy selling them for just over 2 bills on't internet.....I'll post a link if interested!

It's where I got mine from!!!

#10 ·
The brakes are more than adequate for street, except the stock rubber lines will be way past their useful service life. Rubber lines expand under pressure and it gets worse as they age. Swap them for some good steel lines. That plus fresh fluid and a good cleaning will do wonders. Check pad wear while you are at it.

#13 ·
For some, standard brakes are even adequate on track......There's a guy i know who has standard brakes on his track srad and can outbrake most people, with upraded ones.....yet he has Brembo everything on his k7 thou road bike....go figure :lol

#14 ·
Some people just like the feel I suppose

And post me the link I am interested

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.