gr7ba gr7bb gr7bc gr7bd : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Water Cooled Gixxers

Old 08-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
rjk1188
Novice

Motorcycle: gsxr 750 k1
gr7ba gr7bb gr7bc gr7bd

any body know what the difference between these
rjk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Chocolate_Rain
I move away from the mic

Motorcycle: 2006 R1 50th
Re: gr7ba gr7bb gr7bc gr7bd

G = Multiple cylinder sport street
R = 700---749cc
7 = 4-stroke, four
0-9, then A-Z = Version of the model development.
A = Base model; B,C, etc = Later developments.

GR7BB -GR7BD are changes that were made through the lifespan of that 750 model from 1992-1995. Changes can be heated carbs, California model, EU model...
Chocolate_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
masc
Squid

hi

What chocolate rain said is correct, my bike is an italian gr7ba unrestricted model, most gr7bb's I have seen are german restricted 100 hp models, and the gr7bc is normally used for the 94-95 models to my knowlege.

Matthias
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
rjk1188
Novice

Motorcycle: gsxr 750 k1

thanks, my 95 has gr7ba
rjk1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
[GER]WereWolf
Squid

Mikuni BST36SS vs. BST38SS

Hello guys,

first I've to apologize. I 'm German and my english skills aren't that good... I hope, you could understand what I am trying to say.

I also own a GSXR 750W (GR7BB). It's a german version. So if there are any questions about these version, maybe I could provide them to you...

I've also a question.. I've studied the maintenance manual (don't know, if this is the correct decription for the document in english.. I mean the document, where all the exact values are listet, to do the mechanical service and maintenance.. eg. valve clearence, caburateur adjustemens...)

There is an extra chapter for a version of the "California model"... I've recognized, that the main difference is an additional reservior, covered by the left tail fairing.. could anybody tell me, what thos reservior is for?

And then there is a difference in the bore size of the caburateur... German version is 38mm (~14,96inch) to 36mm at the California model (~14,173inch).
How is the engine effectet by the other bore size (of course, there are also slightly different needles and jets installed to this caburateur)? Has the California Model more or less power than the German Version with 38mm (Ger. ver. = 101HP [or ~118HP after modifiing the diaphragm])..?

Would be kind, if anybody can give me som informatin about the caburateru of the California model...
The reason, why I am interestet in it is: There is an 36mm cab. at eBay Germany and I want to slightly increase my power without using a DynoJet..

Thanks for your advices in advance guys..

Greetings,

Dirk
[GER]WereWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Chocolate_Rain
I move away from the mic

Motorcycle: 2006 R1 50th

Maintenance manual is the same as Service manual.

Cali model has the extra canister for emissions purposes. It has a smaller carb for this reason as well, and smaller carb does have a small effect on power; slightly lower if any.
Chocolate_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
[GER]WereWolf
Squid

Thank you for this information...

Since I had some trouble on a highway with the throttle (gas opened, but doesn't closed again..) I decided to start with the "winter-service" in this week. I will replace the air cleaner and spark plugs (maybe with iridium..). Then I'll go and adjust the valve clearance and after it i will adjust the carburatuer (if needed, I'll also replace the needles).

This would be the first time for me, doing such a job on a "real" bike... I've just done it on a 125ccm in the past.. but it should be nearly the same..

Is it easy to check (and if nessecary to replace) the cam chain?

Do you have any additional advice for what to do?

EDIT: ...and would you suggest a DynoJet-Kit in case, that I've to refurbish the whole caburateur? There are some storys, that you have to enlarge the shaft for the main-jet.. that's implenets, that there is no way back to stock..

Greeting & thanks in advance

Last edited by [GER]WereWolf; 10-08-2013 at 05:32 AM.
[GER]WereWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement