Serious question for shipping costs from UK - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 01-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #21
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650
Re: Serious question for shipping costs from UK

For the second thread in a row, I've learned something thanks to Oldfart! You may be a nice guy, but I don't like the thought of owing you anything.

I was toying with the idea of going this route to buy a Caberg ego, but it lost the battle against Scorpion's EXO-500.
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Have any luck with the details I sent OF?
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainyboy View Post
Have any luck with the details I sent OF?
I called & emailed Rossion with no answer. I'll give them a week or two to finish their move. I'm just suspicious that if it's a regular move that they don't even have an answering machine hooked up. Hell, I have one at my house & an electronic backup in my phone system if it fails & that's just my damn house! I have a feeling those guys are scrambling for cash to get back on their feet again. There is a picture on a Noble forum of a guy standing in front of the old Mosler Racing building they mentioned to you so maybe it's the truth.

Thanks again for contacting them. I'll let this lay a few weeks. It's way too much money to possibly end up with a car that I need to souce many of the parts from the UK. At least if there will be no US distributor I would want to knock the price down quite a bit. Hopefully Noble in the UK is still financialy sound. It can't be too easy in this economy. There's only about 200 some Nobles in the US, so it's not like it's a huge market at this point.
President & founding Member of IACOGDC..........Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC Always wear your cup & safety helmet while posting on GDC I am aging like a fine whine! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind. ...... Proudly Banned 1,000,000 & 3 Times .............. Erin at MotoMummy rules!
oldfart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
gsxr313
Lifetime Premium

I got nothing for you OF but got to love how you had to preface this post title with the word "Serious" to be taken, well, seriously.

Now go post something to entertain me. I'm extremely bored and this shipping shit ain't cutting it.
gsxr313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Hope it works out. That car is sick
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post
I got nothing for you OF but got to love how you had to preface this post title with the word "Serious" to be taken, well, seriously.

Now go post something to entertain me. I'm extremely bored and this shipping shit ain't cutting it.
He posted sexy car pics. Either enjoy it or lol
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #27
gsxr313
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
He posted sexy car pics. Either enjoy it or lol
...and a sexy car it is. Maybe he could do some of his infamous photoshop work to it?
gsxr313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #28
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post

That's why I figured I better put "serious" in it.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #29
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I called & emailed Rossion with no answer. I'll give them a week or two to finish their move. I'm just suspicious that if it's a regular move that they don't even have an answering machine hooked up. Hell, I have one at my house & an electronic backup in my phone system if it fails & that's just my damn house! I have a feeling those guys are scrambling for cash to get back on their feet again. There is a picture on a Noble forum of a guy standing in front of the old Mosler Racing building they mentioned to you so maybe it's the truth.

Thanks again for contacting them. I'll let this lay a few weeks. It's way too much money to possibly end up with a car that I need to souce many of the parts from the UK. At least if there will be no US distributor I would want to knock the price down quite a bit. Hopefully Noble in the UK is still financialy sound. It can't be too easy in this economy. There's only about 200 some Nobles in the US, so it's not like it's a huge market at this point.
Bummer pal.

When I belled them, I got so caught up with the Rossion details it stupidly slipped my mind to get a price for the shipping of the rear clam shell so you will have an idea, especially since that was the whole point of the fucking call.

I'll bell them on my lunch on Monday and I'll let you know what they say.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
8you4t
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: K3 GSXR 1000/2011 R1/2004 CBR 600RR track bike / 1994 GSXR 750/1996 CBR900RR / 2002 sv650s (wifes) /2003 CBR600RR / 2006 CBR 1000RR / 1997 GSXR 600 / 2001 RSV Aprilia 1000 / 2011 Z1000 / 2006 VTR 1000

Quote:
Hey Cainy, I was looking at a 2006 Noble M12 GTO-3R here in the US. The US disributor went out of business. The worst part would be a rear clamshell. It's the whole rear of the car body in one piece. It would be going to Pennsylvania, US. I have a feeling the shipping cost will stop my heart. Many of the engine, clutch, tranny, parts I could source here, but stuff like body parts, suspension parts, interior pieces, glass, lights, are unique & would have to come from Noble UK. Thanks, pal.
HOLY SHIT ... you sure can pick rare cars ... isnt this the model with the twin turbo ford mondeo motor ???
If you can get it sorted i would think it would be worth a pretty penny ...
8you4t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #31
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Quote:
Bummer pal.

When I belled them, I got so caught up with the Rossion details it stupidly slipped my mind to get a price for the shipping of the rear clam shell so you will have an idea, especially since that was the whole point of the fucking call.

I'll bell them on my lunch on Monday and I'll let you know what they say.
I appreciate it Cainy, but don't bother. I'll give this all a little time to see if Rossion is full of shit or not. I just saw a post from an ex-employee that said nobody is on their payroll right now. There are a few pictures floating of the Mosler Racing building so hopefully they are just heaving some trouble to work around. Hopefully they are getting rolling again here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post
HOLY SHIT ... you sure can pick rare cars ... isnt this the model with the twin turbo ford mondeo motor ???
If you can get it sorted i would think it would be worth a pretty penny ...
Yes, it's a Ford/Yamaha 3.0 6 cylinder with a Noble designed twin turbo for 415 hp.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

oldfart, you buying cainyboy's oversized dildo and shipping it to your house? steven will be happy!

BTW, i like this new pic of you oldfart!

JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
oldfart, you buying cainyboy's oversized dildo and shipping it to your house? steven will be happy!

BTW, i like this new pic of you oldfart!

Nope, that's already here! Where the heck did you find that picture? That was GV's favorite one of me, it was supposed to be private. I know she keeps a poster sized one on her wall.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #34
MotoMummy
Parts Bitch

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

For a full exhaust you're looking from 100-300 depending on the shipping company. If it's twice as large (even same weight as an exhaust) you can double the charge to 200-600. Then you have customs which most likely will hit you at some point and when they do it's 10-25% in customs "taxes". It all depends on what the goods are declared as as to what % you'll be hit with if they decide to tax it.
MotoMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #35
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Quote:
I appreciate it Cainy, but don't bother. I'll give this all a little time to see if Rossion is full of shit or not. I just saw a post from an ex-employee that said nobody is on their payroll right now. There are a few pictures floating of the Mosler Racing building so hopefully they are just heaving some trouble to work around. Hopefully they are getting rolling again here.
Ok mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Are you hacking our pms or something
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #36
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr 750 srad with a few mods thanks to the members on this site.See signature.

That car's SICK!!!

I think you'll be gang raped for postal charges, which may give you a kick, right
Armi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
JetBlast

Quote:
Ok mate.

Are you hacking our pms or something
you accidently cc'ed me in the message and i kept it ever since
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #38
86GSXR7502012
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: '86 GSXR 750
I was quoted $450 for shipping my stock exhaust to Canada by UPS and FedEx. USPS was much cheaper in my case. I am not sure on going to the UK, but just a reference point for a bigger package.
86GSXR7502012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #39
JetBlast

Quote:
Nope, that's already here! Where the heck did you find that picture? That was GV's favorite one of me, it was supposed to be private. I know she keeps a poster sized one on her wall.
it was on the cover of GayBoy magazine. she submitted it on your behalf.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #40
MidnightRunner
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2001 GSXR 600

Quote:
no US distribution

I'm starting to think it's a bad idea.
Comeon! I thought old men were supposed to be full of useful knowledge and not make stupid choices us young whippersnappers do!

But in all seriousness, shipping large parts is expensive. I had a entire Vauxhaull nose kit for a 06' GTO sent over from Germany two years ago. It costed around $2100 or so for the bumper, lights, brackets & hood with scoops through HNM Global... a company we use at work so I got a pretty decent deal.
MidnightRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement