New wheelie law in IL : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
nemesis119
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2000 gsxr 600
New wheelie law in IL

Thoughts..?

http://www.bikebandit.com/community/...0#.UOeduhPgVjU

the part about "no hands" kinda got me. Theres been plenty of times ive taken my hands off for a few seconds on a long ride to stretch if im in a spot that i cant safely pull over
nemesis119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
jcyc44
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr 1000
Wow...what's sad is majority voted these jackholes in that make these kind of laws. At least when a motorcyclist is doing a wheelie or endo he is paying attention not texting or smashing a cheeseburger in his face
jcyc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Re: New wheelie law in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyc44 View Post
Wow...what's sad is majority voted these jackholes in that make these kind of laws. At least when a motorcyclist is doing a wheelie or endo he is paying attention not texting or smashing a cheeseburger in his face
That's your argument? That the motorcycle rider is paying attention? C'mon man. Looks like IL had enough of douchebags stunting on public roads and I say fuck'em.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis119 View Post
Thoughts..?

the part about "no hands" kinda got me. Theres been plenty of times ive taken my hands off for a few seconds on a long ride to stretch if im in a spot that i cant safely pull over
I'll wager we will see more and more of this. Florida has strict laws regarding motorcyclists and with Baltimore's "black Sunday" and the "crash memorial ride" in Dallas there will be more laws passed coast to coast.

Quote:
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
sam.ye
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR-600

stunting, sure. fuck them. but taking hands off the bars?? come on...too far
sam.ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.ye View Post
But it's aimed towards stunting than the guy sitting up to ease back pain etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
sam.ye
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR-600

yeah but cops are cops. they'll fine you as much as they can. so the guy stretch back with his hands off the bar will get the same treatment as the guy with his hands off the bars cos he's pulling the superman stunt (or whatever it's called).
sam.ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Zippysport
Lifetime Premium

$1000 fine for a wheelie while speeding? I hope that would use just that charge and fine, and not add that onto reckless driving charges. It seems that the fine would be punishment enough, though I suppose that some situations might call for both charges.
Zippysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
yeah but cops are cops. they'll fine you as much as they can. so the guy stretch back with his hands off the bar will get the same treatment as the guy with his hands off the bars cos he's pulling the superman stunt (or whatever it's called).
You're stereotyping that all cops are dicks and all cops in IL will write you a ticket if you sit up and stretch. This simply isn't the case. Most will realize why that law was implemented and not bust balls on the non-stunting rider, sitting up to stretch. As with any other profession, there are good guys and there are dickheads. The only time my hands come off the handle bars is when I'm not stopped anyway, so if I lived in IL, I'm worried about any part of this law.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Florida has a "both feet on the pegs at all times" and a "no standing up" law both of which I do on multi-hundred mile rides.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
k7GixxerTaste

I'm fine with the stunting part, but the "no hands" law is excessive IMO. I'm pretty sure most cops wouldn't give a rider a hard time if he/she took their hands off the bars for a second or two though. But, thankfully I live in California.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
Travis V
I dont love OG's cack anymore

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600 - Future Track Bike

I was threatened to be fined/ticketed or which ever it was for sitting up on my gas tank in a 15mph zone down by the beach at 2am. Some times do have nothing better to do
Travis V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #13
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Should see a nice rise in bikers running from the cops......as if there weren't enough of them already.
SPL170db is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #14
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVanVliet View Post
I was threatened to be fined/ticketed or which ever it was for sitting up on my gas tank in a 15mph zone down by the beach at 2am. Some times do have nothing better to do
You live in the squid capital of the world, so when you do something squidish even at 2am you're gonna get stopped. And that is when most cops are out looking for drunks, so that's an easy stop for them to possibly pick up a drunk. That's probably the worst time to be riding on a street bike in Florida.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #15
nemesis119
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2000 gsxr 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Should see a nice rise in bikers running from the cops......as if there weren't enough of them already.
Mehhh...not so much from what ive seen/been told. ISP is stocked FULL of young-bucks trying to throw their weight around like they have something to prove all the time. I was stopped by one for my license plate being sideways on my swingarm. He tried to tell me that the only legal display is directly above the tire, left to right. He got all puffy chested till id shown him my pocket copy of the law..not in his favor (as of jan 1, 2012, its LEGAL to display on the swingarm sideways, along with the Red Light bill..which is wonderful btw)

Also...great sig u have there. Thats my favorite movie of all time lol
nemesis119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #16
Mnbluepits
Novice

Motorcycle: 93 gsxr 600

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2395824.html got to love this too im a big fan for this one
Mnbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #17
8you4t
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: K3 GSXR 1000/2011 R1/2004 CBR 600RR track bike / 1994 GSXR 750/1996 CBR900RR / 2002 sv650s (wifes) /2003 CBR600RR / 2006 CBR 1000RR / 1997 GSXR 600 / 2001 RSV Aprilia 1000 / 2011 Z1000 / 2006 VTR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
You're stereotyping that all cops are dicks and all cops in IL will write you a ticket if you sit up and stretch. This simply isn't the case. Most will realize why that law was implemented and not bust balls on the non-stunting rider, sitting up to stretch. As with any other profession, there are good guys and there are dickheads. The only time my hands come off the handle bars is when I'm not stopped anyway, so if I lived in IL, I'm worried about any part of this law.
I think you'll find hes talking from experiences with aussie cops , who are a different breed to Yanks cops ... they carry much more power in seizing vehicles and they dont make many friend with the way they deal with bikers in general ... do a little research into the struggles the biking community lately in Australia and the rubbish national laws there trying to bring in !!!!!
8you4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #18
oldgixxer
Loves to nibble on Shannons huge boobs

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
Florida has a "both feet on the pegs at all times" and a "no standing up" law both of which I do on multi-hundred mile rides.
You a stunna
oldgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
SVS
drunk texts OG and Oldfart

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R

You guys in IL can thank the douchebags that don't have the common sense to NOT stunt in traffic for this
SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #20
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis119 View Post
Thoughts..?

GOOD!!!. Dont want the fine? Dont be a moron on the street.

Quote:
This nonsensical argument has to be one of the DUMBEST I have ever seen on this forum

Quote:

Most any cop would know the difference in a dude stretching or relxing riding, and trying to do a "stunt", which is what it is aimed at

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVanVliet View Post
GOOD!!! Sit on the damn seat. It is what it is made for.

And sitting on the tank, really? Stuntin' like it is 1999 yo! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS View Post
You guys in IL can thank the douchebags that don't have the common sense to NOT stunt in traffic for this

Yup. Thank the dudes sittin on their tank in 15mph zones for it

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement