accident on the gsxr - Page 4 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #61
cole40
Squid

You should do a little more research before speaking. Our host town has problems but I guarantee you its not military problems.

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle.com Free App
cole40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #62
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600
Research? I've been to Okinawa 10 times at least over the last few years. Also I have been to Yokota/Tokyo 4 other times. To say Americans are on their best behavior, is ridiculous . I have seen Air Force, Marines/Navy and even Army acting out. It happens everywhere.

Maybe you should do more research and realize the Japanese are sick and tired of being under the US control. Okinawa alone had something like 10 bases on that tiny rock by itself, plus what is on the main land.

You might be "well behaved" and some of your friends, but not everyone is and not everyone knows how to act as soon as they are off Moms Tits and forget manners.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Mr. Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #63
cole40
Squid

Well first off by research I mean look at the amount of military personnel who act up compared to those who don't. Also take a look at the towns without military. Wayyyy more crime and officers needed. Ya we may get rowdy every once in a while but its because we get annoyed that we lay our life's on the line for people who could care less. I'm not saying all are like this but honestly other then holidays how often do you stop from eating fast food or nice food to think of my brothers and sisters eating crap in a foreign country that hates us. I personally have had rocks thrown at my vehicle while deployed because we saved a life. I probably should have said this earlier but I am a officer in the US Army. If you can't get behind us and support then feel free to get in front of us.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #64
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Re: accident on the gsxr

Congrats on being an Officer. I fix what College Degrees fuck up, daily. I am a Sergeant in the Air Force. Guess I should have said that.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #65
kevin.g
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K6 600

LOL should have known. I am a Sergeant in the Army, guess I should have said that. I have been to plenty of posts where the locals from surrounding towns absolutely HATE the military because of those who act out. Like stated above, not everyone is a screw up but certainly not everyone is "on their best behavior," and if you really believe that, someone is fooling you. Caserma Ederle (Vicenza, Italy), Fort Gordon (Augusta, GA), Fort Benning (Colombus, GA), Fort Bragg (Fayetteville, NC), Presidio of Monterey (Monterey, CA). Maybe you should have done a bit more research, fact is that the majority of military towns are unhappy with the military presence because of the soldiers' (or marines, airmen or sailors) behavior. I LOVE getting away from military towns because people actually like you

"If you fantasize about being shot from a cannon, we'd recommend riding a literbike as a marginally safer alternative."

Last edited by kevin.g; 12-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.
kevin.g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #66
cole40
Squid

Hahahaha y'all are some funny people. Unlike what you said I didn't get a direct commission. I was enlisted for 14 years before I decided I wanted to do a change. So don't try that bull shit. I've been where you guys are and passed it. Like I said we act up but nowhere near the amount of crime happens like in non military towns. And I like to get away too. So I can get away from people like you Srg who think every officer is some college brat. Some of us feel like we've done all we can do in enlisted and decide to make a bigger difference to help the enlisted. You should think before you speak.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #67
cole40
Squid

But now I'm interested, what's your MOS? You a ranger? Airborne? Air assault? Mountain Warfare?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #68
kevin.g
Club Racer

Are you crazy? Have you been to some military towns?? They are shit holes! They call it Fayettenam for a reason! I am a 25U, yes I am airborne. I was in an infantry company for the first half of my career as an RTO and company commo guy.

since no one agrees with what you said, now you want to have a cock measuring contest?

Last edited by kevin.g; 12-20-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #69
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Cole40

This guy^^
!ThatGuy! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #70
kevin.g
Club Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ThatGuy! View Post
This guy^^
me?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #71
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.g View Post
me?
LOL. no, I edited my post. You jumped ahead of me before I could post it. haha
!ThatGuy! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #72
kevin.g
Club Racer

I figured

Last edited by kevin.g; 12-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #73
cole40
Squid

Ya Ive been through wayyy to many to list. Some are bad but nowhere near as bad as non military places. The worst injury I've ever had came I'm Atlanta GA, I got shot in the leg by some woman trying to hit her husband. Where were you while infantry? I was 10th Mtn at Ft Polk when I was enlisted. I'm not crazy I've just seen way worse then what you describe as "shit holes. "

Last edited by cole40; 12-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #74
kevin.g
Club Racer

173rd in Vicenza.

I think that military towns are generally really run down and riddled with crime. Now, is it necessarily the SMs' fault? No, but the military brings a certain type of culture and niche that makes undesirables follow. Bars, prostitutes, drugs, etc... not that every city doesn't have its fair share, just seems that in military areas it's a higher concentration, which obviously makes a majority of the local populace unhappy

Last edited by kevin.g; 12-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #75
cole40
Squid

And I'm not denying that they are in some cases pretty messed up as you said, and no one is at full fault its gonna happen no matter whether its a military town or not. But after going through Ranger school and being in Kindehar however you spell that shit place I'd gladly live in a military town and I'd be happy.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #76
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

You can't compare Kandahar to places such as Japan, Europe or America.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #77
cole40
Squid

True but my point is, there's much worse places to live then on a Military town.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #78
kevin.g
Club Racer

that doesn't have anything to do with what we said he said that the Japanese are unhappy with the US military occupation and I said that all military towns are unhappy with the military occupation, generally speaking.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #79
cole40
Squid

I guess I misunderstood what we were speaking about in the last few posts. As for them being unhappy that's a whole different issue. People misbehaving is something that can't be fixed. If the military left there I promise you they would still be unhappy and would find something else to focus their dissatisfaction on. Its a fact, people want something to blame problems on. Just look at the US.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #80
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

That is the only reason most overseas locations put up with the bullshit that tends to come with bases on their homeland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in