How's my Dyno chart look? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
How's my Dyno chart look?

This is my first time getting a dynotune. Bike seems to perform better now. Is this the kind of results I should expect from my mods? Or can I get a better line?

2007 GSXR 750

m4 shorty slipon (motomummy)
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks (motomummy)
K&N Air Filter (street version, not racing filter)
Power Commander 5 (motomummy)


2007gsxr750.jpg
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator
 
MacBayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton AB
Motorcycle: K6-600
Posts: 5,324
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

it looks like your "tuner" did 3 runs and tuned for max power. you paid $150?
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
K6trackday
Back Marker
 
K6trackday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 141
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Should have at least flattened that dip between 3-5k rpm
K6trackday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
2007gsxr600
Lifetime Premium
 
2007gsxr600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: union nj
Motorcycle: L1 750
Posts: 718
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

What happened to the air/fuel ratio????
2007gsxr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Mac: I paid $200...kinda glad he tuned for max power...I can always change to old map to save gas right?

trackday: I agree about that dip...wtf

2007: not sure what you mean??
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 55,870
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Mac: I paid $200...kinda glad he tuned for max power...I can always change to old map to save gas right?
Well, it depends, how much time do you typically spend in the 13-15,000rpm range.

If this is a racebike I would imagine more often, if its a streetbike I'd guess hardly ever right?
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
MAD_ARAB
Lifetime Premium
 
MAD_ARAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nor Cal
Motorcycle: A revamped K6 liter
Posts: 5,451
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

The last run looks really good for a slip on. What the hell was wrong with the first two runs?
MAD_ARAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
tas1100g
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Motorcycle: 1986 GSX-R1100 & 1979 GS 850GN
Posts: 503
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

I'm wondering what exactly was done between the 3 runs to gain over 36 HP.
tas1100g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Chugs
Lets go racing!
 
Chugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: riding around Central Cal
Posts: 7,580
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007gsxr600 View Post
What happened to the air/fuel ratio????
+2 where's the afr log?
Chugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
Blazen244
Club Racer
 
Blazen244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Motorcycle: 2009 GSXR 1000, 2001 GSXR 750
Posts: 1,899
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

When you received the Power Commander from MM did it come programmed for your mods or no? Why did it need a dyno tune if it's programmed for the bike and mods, not knocking just asking I'm adding a PC-V next month just gathering info and wanting to do it right the first time..
Blazen244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer
 
Spook155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westmont, IL
Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Posts: 2,941
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazen244 View Post
When you received the Power Commander from MM did it come programmed for your mods or no? Why did it need a dyno tune if it's programmed for the bike and mods, not knocking just asking I'm adding a PC-V next month just gathering info and wanting to do it right the first time..
It may come programmed with your bike and mods in mind, but every bike performs differently, and therefore a tune is recommended. I don't even have a power command or any air/fuel mapping device, but know that nothing will be perfect even if preset to run with existing mods/bike.
Spook155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Uhhh....from what I understand the reason the first two runs are lower is because they were making modifications to the map through the process. and gaining power each time.

hey when you say air/fuel ratio...Im not really sure what you mean? The map? like the fuel table you can see in Power Commander software...? or...?

They also took out the baffler in my M4 slipon....Im gonna put it back in though because it backfires. Is that something they should have "tuned" in the process? the backfire? It doesnt backfire with baffler in
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,057
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Uhhh....from what I understand the reason the first two runs are lower is because they were making modifications to the map through the process. and gaining power each time.

hey when you say air/fuel ratio...Im not really sure what you mean? The map? like the fuel table you can see in Power Commander software...? or...?

They also took out the baffler in my M4 slipon....Im gonna put it back in though because it backfires. Is that something they should have "tuned" in the process? the backfire? It doesnt backfire with baffler in
baffle won't cause it to backfire or not backfire. It's only there for sound control. If you're popping or backfiring, try plugging the pair valve. You're just getting to much air in the mix and blocking that should prevent it from happening.
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Word up PeeWee, thats good news to me...but uh...whats a pair valve and how do you plug that bad boy up

cheers
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser
 
SPL170db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Jersey
Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)
Posts: 55,870
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Uhhh....from what I understand the reason the first two runs are lower is because they were making modifications to the map through the process. and gaining power each time.

hey when you say air/fuel ratio...Im not really sure what you mean? The map? like the fuel table you can see in Power Commander software...? or...?
In order to make modifications to the map they stick a probe into the exhaust to measure the air/fuel ratio in the exhaust gasses. This tells them if the bike is running lean or rich throughout the rev range and different throttle positions.

Usually a dyno printout will include the a/f ratio tracked along a line on the graph as well.


SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus
 
coopgt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Posts: 8,266
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Uhhh....from what I understand the reason the first two runs are lower is because they were making modifications to the map through the process. and gaining power each time.

hey when you say air/fuel ratio...Im not really sure what you mean? The map? like the fuel table you can see in Power Commander software...? or...?

They also took out the baffler in my M4 slipon....Im gonna put it back in though because it backfires. Is that something they should have "tuned" in the process? the backfire? It doesnt backfire with baffler in
I'm thinking they were adjusting the dyno to show you the bike was making more HP each run. You bike stock makes better than 96 hp at the rear wheel. I hate to say this but I think they sold you some snake oil . Not to burst your bubble but the mods you have aren't really going to gain you that much HP over stock. You may have realistically gained 3 or 4 hp .
coopgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,057
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Word up PeeWee, thats good news to me...but uh...whats a pair valve and how do you plug that bad boy up

cheers
Just do a quick search on the site, you'll find all about it. Lots of threads regarding it. basically just a hose from the air box that is used to add air to the exhaust (i think). All you have to do is locate the hose, disconnect it, and shove something in there like a marble or something that will plug it up, and then put it back together. It's designed to work with the cat, and if you removed that to put on the slip on, it's adding more air than needed, causing the popping.
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?
 
Tater Tot Wee Woo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Posts: 11,057
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaMove View Post
Word up PeeWee
dammit
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

Pee wee doesnt like how I talk...but uh..alright cool I did remove the cat and I probly know which hose your talking about...ill search for it to be sure

Coopgt...damn that sux...but dude only told me I gained about 6 hp which I thought was kind of high...only expected a few like you said....I really wasnt only looking for hp just wanted that custom map.
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
OnThaMove
Novice
 
OnThaMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 750
Posts: 59
Re: How's my Dyno chart look?

I dont know why they didnt give me air/fuel....this was my first time so I didnt know to ask....live and learn
OnThaMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 2013 Gixxer.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum