No need to buy fender kits and spools - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Re: No need to buy fender kits and spools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackstar View Post
The Shervin is strong in this one....
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dick View Post
i used two L brackets. I paid maybe 3 bucks for both.
that's all i did too. looks 100 times better that whatever the hell the OP did...
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #23
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eze750 View Post
never have I seen it documented being put to use like frame sliders or bar ends....
First time for everything, skip to 7:47

Whilst they can rip the bracket off under heavy impact, they do help in low to moderate speed slides.
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
03impy
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 06 R1

Ill stick with my FE for ~$13. No offense, but OP's looks shittastic

I have since added a tag light to make it legal and it looks very clean.

On the gix, I just used L brackets from Home Depot.

Last edited by 03impy; 12-12-2012 at 11:48 AM.
03impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK750- View Post
Not really, it's more likely that those big spools hit something and tear the spool brackets off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS View Post
...which is a really bad idea - only thing that's going to accomplish is to break the brackets off the swingarm. Those slider spools are retarded, the brackets - while plenty strong to hold the bike - are NOT strong enough to take impact.
Eh, fair enough. Kinda like no cut frame sliders, I've never actually used them, don't even need them on my year bike. The slider type spools are a lot more expensive, so I've only ever used cheap little ones, but have seen them advertised as sliders.
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #26
BaliinTL
Rookie

Quote:
@d207gp I totally understand what your saying I have no worries though and @ballin I'm assuming that is the yoshi kit.... I like it too but 30-50$ to be seen better? If that is the case hid bulbs would be a better investment to me if the retard behind you can not see you they obviously is not paying attention

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Its a tidy tail from R&G, it was $70 and imo well worth it.

@ 6:25 mark, the motorcyclist gets arrested for a false charge of the liecnse plate not being visable. its not worth hasle of a DIY FE if its not easily visable without a light

BaliinTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #27
SVS
drunk texts OG and Oldfart

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliinTL View Post
Its a tidy tail from R&G, it was $70 and imo well worth it.

@ 6:25 mark, the motorcyclist gets arrested for a false charge of the liecnse plate not being visable. its not worth hasle of a DIY FE if its not easily visable without a light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyYlRZAdPGk
It's easy to make a cheap AND legal mount. L-bracket to mount the plate as far back as stock but closer to the tail, a couple of LED bolts to light it up. Total cost ~$15.

Putting it flat against the undertail or in front of the wheel is just asking to get pulled over, though.
SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
Eze750
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Beat me to it,in NY you need to have a light(like OEM,duh!!)on your license plate bracket. Another reason for the Police to pull you over&ticket you..and 99% of the time the bikes that they pull over for that violation have other issues that are subject to tickets/impounding as well.
I live in the city not upstate bro big difference you should kno that and when I say big difference I am talkin about the cops from the city and upstate.
out here they don't care especially about a number light when we ppl like Samschou have loud obnoxious aftermarket pipes 99% you would get pulled over for that first... And you said I'm just showin off my 12 and u can't wait for the 13 to come out? what's there to show off ? Lol I haven't done anything to it seems to me you just jealous you don't have one

Eze750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
Cock Gobbler
Head Rider for Team CGR

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition
They refer to 12's because its the year you joined the forum. Not what year your bike is.

Cock Gobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #30
SVS

Quote:
I live in the city not upstate bro big difference you should kno that and when I say big difference I am talkin about the cops from the city and upstate.
out here they don't care especially about a number light when we ppl like Samschou have loud obnoxious aftermarket pipes 99% you would get pulled over for that first... And you said I'm just showin off my 12 and u can't wait for the 13 to come out? what's there to show off ? Lol I haven't done anything to it seems to me you just jealous you don't have one

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Aren't you one to make assumptions. My pipe is no louder than the stock pipe as I still have the cat in place and my bike passes its yearly inspections with no issues.

Last edited by Samantha750; 12-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Eze750
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
My pipe is no louder than the stock pipe as I still have the cat in place
So basically what you saying is You have a yoshi can on a stock exhaust system....lol wow what a waste of money IMO, reason being you don't get improvement in horsepower,it don't reduce weight off your bike you were better off leavin the stock can on for all that

Eze750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Here comes another one for Sam..
Mr. Fluffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #34
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
I out here they don't care especially about a number light when we ppl like Samschou have loud obnoxious aftermarket pipes 99% you would get pulled over for that first... And you said I'm just showin off my 12 and u can't wait for the 13 to come out? what's there to show off ? Lol I haven't done anything to it seems to me you just jealous you don't have one

I agree, that guy is a real troublemaker with his loud bike.
oldfart01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #35
SVS

Quote:
So basically what you saying is You have a yoshi can on a stock exhaust system....lol wow what a waste of money IMO, reason being you don't get improvement in horsepower,it don't reduce weight off your bike you were better off leavin the stock can on for all that

Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #36
GS220
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post

And for fucks sake at least use galvanized band iron next time so it doesnt rust
I think he used copper band iron, and that is not rust, either way it's mad ghetto.

I bought one on ebay for $17, powdercoated red, and shipped to my door. even has the spot to mount the light....It was three years ago but they are still for sale everywhere on ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47412_1590621488226_2169191_n.jpg (123.8 KB, 130 views)
GS220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #37
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

This guy has to be a troll? Shervins brother troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
I'm confused by the stand pic - how are the stand and bike connected? Spools also can serve a purpose like frame sliders, to take the grind for your bike in a crash.
Terrible idea. More often than not they break off.

Quote:
I agree that you can make a perfectly good license plate holder for very little money that will work just as well as a $60-80 one - but yours looks like crap

As for spools, I have several of both types of stands - spool stands are significantly more stable. If you don't want to spend those $10 on spools, use bolts instead. I've done that before when working on bikes with spool brackets but without spools.
. Run a couple 8mm? bolts in and put the stand on them if you dont want to buy spools. Still FAR more secure and sturdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dick View Post
i used two L brackets. I paid maybe 3 bucks for both.
Yup. That is all I did. I think I had to drill two new holes in my plate though. And it was so close to the tail light that it still lit it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainyboy View Post
First time for everything, skip to 7:47

Whilst they can rip the bracket off under heavy impact, they do help in low to moderate speed slides.
They can rip off under moderate and low impact. I had one snap this year sliding over rounded curbing at Miller.

Depending on them to protect anything is a terrible idea. Yours hit, and got ground on, but it likely didnt protect anything. Nothing would have hit if it didnt stick out like it does I bet.

OP. You want to be frugal. So be it. But to think ANYONE will agree with that heap of shit you have holding your tag being a good idea is ludicrous .

It is one thing to make your own shit. It is another to redneck the fuck out of your motorcycle.

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #38
GS220
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r

Quote:

Quote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luyvcfDPK71r1cj3m.gif
GS220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
Kentucky Fried Cholo
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?

Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Yup. That is all I did. I think I had to drill two new holes in my plate though. And it was so close to the tail light that it still lit it up.
Hahahahahaha that's exactly how mine is!!!! I was debating on making a separate bracket to mount it on the holes that were already on there but said fuck it and took the drill to it. Ditto for the brake light. Its been on since 06 and i've never had a problem with cops.
Kentucky Fried Cholo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #40
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I agree, that guy is a real troublemaker with his loud bike.
Baaaa trying for 13 . Awesome .

And to Eze750, Sam's Yoshi is a little louder than stock but not obnoxious . And the Yosh sounds better than the stock pipe ever could . Eze you do realize that a Pipe doesn't need to be loud as hell to make power right ? If not you've got a lot to learn .
coopgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement