Ohlins cartridge kit for k5 750 model number and workshop manual? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 04-05 GSX-R600/750

Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
youngblood750
Back Marker

Motorcycle: gsxr750y 2000
Ohlins cartridge kit for k5 750 model number and workshop manual?

I recently got this forks from k5 r750 with ohlins internals. hope someone on this section can help me..

I need to replace oil seal. So I need to service them. but I Only have suzuki service manual.

Is there anyone knows the model number for this cartridge kit? this internal for k5 750. (tubes are OEM showa only cartridges are ohlins)

I think something like FGK with some numbers. but I couldn't find on Ohlins official page.

It'd best that I can have workshop manual for this ohlins cartridge. Does anyone have the info??
youngblood750 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
gixerhp
Rookie

Motorcycle: Hayabusa
Re: Ohlins cartridge kit for k5 750 model number and workshop manual?

You will at least need this from Ohlins, http://www.superbiketoystore.com/spo...Fcyf4AoduRwAggAs well as a good spring compressor, and a bleeding tool.
gixerhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
gixerhp
Rookie

Motorcycle: Hayabusa

As well as you need to contact Ohlins for the correct fluid for the forks, DO NOT use regular fork oil!
Also ask what to set the fluid at in the forks, Oem specs are not correct for the cartridges!
gixerhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
youngblood750
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerhp View Post
As well as you need to contact Ohlins for the correct fluid for the forks, DO NOT use regular fork oil!
Also ask what to set the fluid at in the forks, Oem specs are not correct for the cartridges!
thanks! for advice. I figured stock manual won't really work in this. I want to learn how to do it by myself. if it's way beyond my knowledge and skill, I'll bring this forks to the mechanic that I know who is really capable of. but still I need to provide him a precise specification and information to do the job right.

I sent the Email to Ohlins distributor in USA. the country that I live doesn't have official ohlins distributor.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Alfalfa
Consistent, albeit slow

Motorcycle: G$X-R1000

I wouldn't pay $94 for that tool!!

This one from Harbor Freight will work fine. Bear in mind they don't need to be super tight. The upper triple clamp will compress the tube enough.

Alfalfa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
youngblood750
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Bear in mind they don't need to be super tight. The upper triple clamp will compress the tube enough.
well-noted! thanks! I had look on the manual, it says applying torque 20Nm. pretty small.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Cajun
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R 600, 2006 RSV-R 1000

honestly dude, i would sent them to ohlins agent for a service and correct springs for your weight

i have same cartridges in my bike, i had them converted to NIX style (left leg compression only, right leg rebound only)
Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
youngblood750
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
honestly dude, i would sent them to ohlins agent for a service and correct springs for your weight

i have same cartridges in my bike, i had them converted to NIX style (left leg compression only, right leg rebound only)
before i bought it, I checked prvious owner has pretty same weight as i do.

and the country that i live, doesn't have official ohlins distributor anymore.

that's why I try to gather information what is necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement