Yoshimura TRC Exhaust Silencer Removal - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Tech Forums > Mods & How To's

Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #41
cueman
Squid

Motorcycle: 07 gsxr1000,06 GSXR600,04zx10r,99 R1
Re: Yoshimura TRC Exhaust Silencer Removal

I did mine without even removing exhaust used a 4mm allen to take out screw then bent silencer up a little with pliers then used vise grips twisted and pulled took about 5 minutes to do both
cueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #42
04GixxerNut
Novice

I will be ordering a rs3 or trc yoshi next week. Which one should I go with ? I would like to do the silencer removal too I imagine.
04GixxerNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #43
menametony
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 k6

my carbon fiber TRC came in a couple of days ago... hopefully it will be easy to remove the silencer.... bleh ill put up my experience..
menametony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #44
DaEMoN390
Squid

I have an older model TRC, the type without the removable grommet. I still have the allen screw and it can be reached when I drill a small hole directly underneath. I am anal enough to need to cover this hole. So I called Yoshi America and told them I have an older one, and they sent me a rubber stopper free!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (39.0 KB, 402 views)
DaEMoN390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #45
dementia
Squid

Dont mean to bring up an old thread but what size/length rivets are you guys using? I followed the link to the other write up which is great but i need to know what kind of rivets to use. Also when drilling out old rivets how far down do you have to drill? Enough to just pop the head of the rivet or all the way through?
dementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #46
ShadowVampyre
Novice

3/16" rivets.
See this thread
http://hitesh.dewan.googlepages.com/cuttingapipedown
ShadowVampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #47
sick6ness
Rookie

Motorcycle: K7 750

Yes I'm not surprise they sent you the rubber stopper. I called them a week ago cause I noticed I had an exhaust leak.. One of the rivets fell out of the midpipe and they sent me 5 yoshimura rivets. They really have great customer service.
sick6ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #48
gixxerdude
Novice

Motorcycle: K6 750

i have a TRC and i cant see the silencer in the end of the exhaust. in the picture of that right up the silencer sits what looks like maybe 1/2 inch in from the outside of the exhaust. mine doesn't have this silencer. did they make them without it? or does it look different?

i would really like a better sound out of this exhaust? should i shorten it? also is there a cat mod for this exhaust? thanks
gixxerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #49
jsnone1
Squid

Thought I'd share some pics........

I just found out that my TRC had a removable Silencer, so I removed it!!!!

jsnone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #50
BaliinTL
Rookie

I don't have a baffle in right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9681_175415065932784_1282177023_n.jpg (24.3 KB, 55 views)
BaliinTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #51
bronxrider
Back Marker

you are correct, no baffle
bronxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
BaliinTL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxrider View Post
you are correct, no baffle

Thanks! wish it was louder though
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
COBRA90GT
Miss Sofonda Cox

^ Louder, seriously? Hope you're wearing ear plugs. TRCs without baffles/silencers can get LOUD (IMHO, of course).

Take it you are running them on a TL? If so, what year TL?
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #54
frank2
Rookie

Motorcycle: K-5 GSX-R 1000

I would be more worried about attracting the cops, rather than making your awareness known. Your skills should keep you alive. I leave my silencer in, other than track days, to keep the cops in the dark. Why let them know where you are and where you're going. I do not believe loud pipes do anything but annoy me and others. A pipe will not save you.
frank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #55
bronxrider
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliinTL View Post
Thanks! wish it was louder though
Be careful for what you wish for, too much attention is not too good. Let your exhaust break in first it will sound better.
bronxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #56
BaliinTL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
^ Louder, seriously? Hope you're wearing ear plugs. TRCs without baffles/silencers can get LOUD (IMHO, of course).

Take it you are running them on a TL? If so, what year TL?

Its just a slip on, imo its not that much louder than stock, I have the CF TRC slip on a k9 GSXR600. The TL in my user name is cause I have a Acura TL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank2 View Post
I would be more worried about attracting the cops, rather than making your awareness known. Your skills should keep you alive. I leave my silencer in, other than track days, to keep the cops in the dark. Why let them know where you are and where you're going. I do not believe loud pipes do anything but annoy me and others. A pipe will not save you.
imo Id say it would help to be heard, they say hybird and electric cars are dangerous due to the fact that they are too quiet and can not be heard. Theres been times on the fwy where I hear the bike coming before I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxrider View Post
Be careful for what you wish for, too much attention is not too good. Let your exhaust break in first it will sound better.

How many miles does it take to break it in?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #57
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650

Hybrid and electric cars are only "dangerous" from being quiet in parking lots or near curbs. At speed, the only noise most modern cars make that you can hear is wind noise. By the time you can hear a normal car's engine, it's right next to you.

Once you hit crazy straight pipe volumes, it's very hard to tell where it's coming from, or even how far away it is. When people start searching all over the place for a bike that's not even visible yet they veer all over. To me, moderately loud is good, but excessively loud pipes lead to distraction- AND irritation.

I've already got a strike against me for having more power and fewer wheels than is proper, not to mention the reputation I've been given by assholes who blast haphazardly through traffic. I don't need to give anyone another excuse pass judgement on me- a car driver barely realizes that what is rude to them is life-threatening to me.
Advertisement