Racing Gloves - Reviews and pics - Page 4 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk > Riding Gear/Apparel

Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #61
03gsxr1000ridah
Squid

Motorcycle: 2003 gsxr 1000
Re: Racing Gloves - Reviews and pics

thanks for this, hands are real important and the road at any speed could cause them to be useless.
03gsxr1000ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #62
DAVIDR_1961
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K7 1K

I just got the handroid from STG, and tho i will agree with most everything anyone has to say about them i will say that i've worn a large for most of my adult life and these don't fit me, thats not to say there is anything wrong with their fit. I have a big hand and short stubby fingers. So it's hard to find a fit. these are to tight tho, Phil assured me they'd stretch out. They didn't! lol,, they're very hard to get on and off they fit so damn well, i'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, they are awesome gloves and fit like a glove too, just a little more than this canyon carver need's for everyday street riding. Once I get them on they're awesome, never felt so securely protected with gloves in my life, if I sweat tho, getting them off is comical. Short runs to town or hopping around town on/off is a chore.

My point, I love the glove, its my first experience with a "race glove" , i think i bit off more than i wanted to chew
DAVIDR_1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #63
TOEJAM
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel

Motorcycle: 06 R1 Raven; '08 Triumph Sprint ST; '09 Triumph 675; '10 Yamaha R6; '13 Aprilia RSV4 APRC; '14 Honda Grom

They will protect your hands/palms/wrists more than any glove in existence IMO...which is what is most important.

You said you just got them, but they didnt stretch out...how long ago did you get them. When Phil said they would stretch out, he meant over time, not in a few hours or even a couple of days. The more you wear them, the better they will get.

I wear a Large and mine are always tight also. I put Coconut oil, or Mink oil on them, let them sit in the sun all day for a couple of days, then wear them around the house (or Walmart ) for a couple of days. They feel a lot better then. But they continue to break-in and stretch a lil. After a couple/few weeks, they are perfect.

I love me some Handroid and Biomechs from STG.

BTW - If somebody just rides on the street and wants a kickass glove, with great protection, but without being a full blown race glove, then check out these Knox Orsa gloves, or the Handroid Pods. They have great protection, and the SPS (Scaphoid Protection System) that i will NOT ride without, on the street or track.....but they arent a full length race glove:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=29817

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=9922
WERA Expert #2
Chaotic Racing
STT Southern Region/Speed Academy Instructor
Sponsors = SportBike Track Gear - DiSalvo Speed Academy - Livengood Motorsports - Bell Helmets - Knox Armour

Last edited by TOEJAM; 05-21-2013 at 06:55 AM.
TOEJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #64
DAVIDR_1961
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: K7 1K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOEJAM View Post
They will protect your hands/palms/wrists more than any glove in existence IMO...which is what is most important.

You said you just got them, but they didnt stretch out...how long ago did you get them. When Phil said they would stretch out, he meant over time, not in a few hours or even a couple of days. The more you wear them, the better they will get.

I wear a Large and mine are always tight also. I put Coconut oil, or Mink oil on them, let them sit in the sun all day for a couple of days, then wear them around the house (or Walmart ) for a couple of days. They feel a lot better then. But they continue to break-in and stretch a lil. After a couple/few weeks, they are perfect.

I love me some Handroid and Biomechs from STG.

BTW - If somebody just rides on the street and wants a kickass glove, with great protection, but without being a full blown race glove, then check out these Knox Orsa gloves, or the Handroid Pods. They have great protection, and the SPS (Scaphoid Protection System) that i will NOT ride without, on the street or track.....but they arent a full length race glove:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=29817

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=9922
Yeah I love them,, it really wasn't a bitch post, hope it didn't sound that way. And Phil and STG are great,, and they are stretching some, its been about a month now and I can get them off without so much a spectacle
DAVIDR_1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #65
cman750rr
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2000 Gsxr 750

Proud owner of two pairs of Dainese (motgp ) 58 Super Sic , and two pairs of 46 Vale . I keep both pairs of Marco's gloves wrapped in plastic ..memories and wear one pair of the Doctors daily .... Great looking gloves , lots of protection .
cman750rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement