what happened??? - Page 6 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #101
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Re: what happened???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIX1000_07 View Post
Concidering Yup is a paid member isn't he free to sell on the site?
He is free to sell in the classifieds. He isnt free to encourage others to break our rules for his gain.
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #102
GIX1000_07
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

I guess I didn't realize newbe couldn't buy parts. Is there a time limit or post count you have to reach first?

I might be wrong but didn't think there was when I joined hence my ignorance/confusion in the subject.
GIX1000_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #103
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

Quote:
I guess I didn't realize newbe couldn't buy parts. Is there a time limit or post count you have to reach first?

I might be wrong but didn't think there was when I joined hence my ignorance/confusion in the subject.
and you agreed to the site's rules, terms, and conditions.
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #104
Moto_Joe

nobody can use classifieds unless they are site supporters.

Im not even sure if non supporters can see it or not.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #105
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
So Sam, you want to explain you encouraging members to join here to bypass our rules?

I have no recollection of ever having done so just calling someone else on it and keeping a watchful eye for shenanigans.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #106
Moto_Joe

Not you. . Him.........
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #107
Moto_Joe

My bad.... Sam.ye and Yup. I confuse the two as they both pull the same shit a lot.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #108
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:

Zero posts and just joined members can buy/sell with a Red R.

Yup can't sell on the other forum per their rules/time/post count rules or whatever, so he is asking the other person to join here and sell through PM - i.e. he is telling someone to join and sell here without Red R, so he can circumvent the rules of this and the other forum.

Simple enough explanation?
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #109
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
Zero posts and just joined members can buy/sell with a Red R.

Yup can't sell on the other forum per their rules/time/post count rules or whatever, so he is asking the other person to join here and sell through PM - i.e. he is telling someone to join and sell here without Red R, so he can circumvent the rules of this and the other forum.

Simple enough explanation?

That is how I see it. He is attempting to break rules on two forums, one of which I obviously care more about.... but it speaks to character for sure
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #110
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

Quote:
So yup, you want to explain you encouraging members to join here to bypass our rules?

wow.

Joe, since the thread in which you confused me with sam.ye because we're both Asian (this being the only criterion), you've grouped me with his antics. As far as looking to get banned, and everything else it's a far correlation as I've not tried to disrespect other members for anything, short of pointing out misspellings (of which you are subject to often as well) and syntax & semantics in sarcastic tones.

I've pushed the buttons enough for having disrespected someone who was possibly dyslexic on his spelling/grammar usage, and was subsequently banned for a short period of time. This is simply something I catch quite often but have taken aback on the harshness of my words due to my pink experience.

Sam, I encouraged that guy to join the site simply because I figured maybe he could pm me easier (having forgotten that he'd likely need to post a certain # to pm anyway). I had no ill intention of having him "break rules" or suggest anything of the sort. Looking back I can see how that can be construed and will thus reevaluate future posts on the forums. I have also encouraged others to join based on the sole fact that it's a better forum but ofc this isn't mentioned.

Fill in the context of that post, and you & others would understand that the OP was looking to rebuild his 05 600 (i think) and that I was trying to help.

This ill intent both of you infer is misguided and a mistake. As was my suggestion for the kid to join gdc to pm me.

That said, you can monitor my pm's or do whatever you need to make sure this sale doesn't happen. I honestly didn't think about it twice, and haven't since making that post on gsxr.com. There was no benefit to either party, short of you painting a salacious picture based on my actions.

Seriousness aside, i lol'd @ the seriousness

Quote:
nobody can use classifieds unless they are site supporters.

Im not even sure if non supporters can see it or not.
they can. which drives the point that if you honestly believe that items sold on here (posted by paying members) are subsequently purchased by paying members ONLY, you should pay more attention to the classifieds section.

"serious is for real for serious." -resident captain justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
the forum is blessed to have you here. your insight is boundless.
tanks bro
yup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #111
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Guests can see the classifieds anyway

I don't see any rules being broken, a new member could PM any one they choose as they browse the classifieds anyway.
Spook155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #112
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yup View Post
wow.

Joe, since the thread in which you confused me with sam.ye because we're both Asian (this being the only criterion), you've grouped me with his antics. As far as looking to get banned, and everything else it's a far correlation as I've not tried to disrespect other members for anything, short of pointing out misspellings (of which you are subject to often as well) and syntax & semantics in sarcastic tones.
Let me stop you right here. I have confused you to becuase you both pull the same shit, and both happen to be asian. Dont make this to be solely confusion and certainly not solely based on race.
Quote:

I've pushed the buttons enough for having disrespected someone who was possibly dyslexic on his spelling/grammar usage, and was subsequently banned for a short period of time. This is simply something I catch quite often but have taken aback on the harshness of my words due to my pink experience.

Sam, I encouraged that guy to join the site simply because I figured maybe he could pm me easier (having forgotten that he'd likely need to post a certain # to pm anyway). I had no ill intention of having him "break rules" or suggest anything of the sort. Looking back I can see how that can be construed and will thus reevaluate future posts on the forums. I have also encouraged others to join based on the sole fact that it's a better forum but ofc this isn't mentioned.

Fill in the context of that post, and you & others would understand that the OP was looking to rebuild his 05 600 (i think) and that I was trying to help.

This ill intent both of you infer is misguided and a mistake. As was my suggestion for the kid to join gdc to pm me.

That said, you can monitor my pm's or do whatever you need to make sure this sale doesn't happen. I honestly didn't think about it twice, and haven't since making that post on gsxr.com. There was no benefit to either party, short of you painting a salacious picture based on my actions.

Seriousness aside, i lol'd @ the seriousness
contrary to many peoples assumtions we dont have any malicious hacks installed in our forum that would allow us to view your PMs. It is not a part of normal BBcode, and not a part of this forum. I can see how many PMs you have, but I cant see what you PM.

Vertical scope I believe can, but they can see pretty much everything since they have the actual servers.

Quote:
they can. which drives the point that if you honestly believe that items sold on here (posted by paying members) are subsequently purchased by paying members ONLY, you should pay more attention to the classifieds section.
Im not foolish enough to think members are not PMing other members to buy stuff. Just the same I am not foolish enough to not know a shit ton of stuff goes on that is against the sites rules... Pming about file sharing and the like being another example. Or for a third example, previously banned members often return under a different name and never get caught. It is the ones who decide to keep being morons, or simply cant help it, whom stand out under an entirely new name that get caught usually.

We dont actively seek to bust people. We dont actively scan banned members IPs. We dont actively hunt people (even those we are keeping an eye on per se, like you, LeSkid, Yup, and a couple others). We simply handle it when we run across it. Our goal here is not to rule with an iron fist. The asshats usually stand out well enough without us actively hunting them.

But there is a difference in KNOWING it happens, and someone basically being so brash as to post about it on another site as if we all live solely in the bubble of GDC.

Im not inclined to believe you simply didnt think about it. After all you so pride yourself on your own perceived superior intellect. Clearly someone of who thinks so highly of himself would not make such a menial mistake.

Know this. I feel like I could easily ban you for this transgression and not feel guilty about it in the least.

I wont.

But consider it a last straw warning.

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #113
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

Quote:
Let me stop you right here. I have confused you to becuase you both pull the same shit, and both happen to be asian. Dont make this to be solely confusion and certainly not solely based on race.contrary to many peoples assumtions we dont have any malicious hacks installed in our forum that would allow us to view your PMs. It is not a part of normal BBcode, and not a part of this forum. I can see how many PMs you have, but I cant see what you PM.

Vertical scope I believe can, but they can see pretty much everything since they have the actual servers.

Im not foolish enough to think members are not PMing other members to buy stuff. Just the same I am not foolish enough to not know a shit ton of stuff goes on that is against the sites rules... Pming about file sharing and the like being another example. Or for a third example, previously banned members often return under a different name and never get caught. It is the ones who decide to keep being morons, or simply cant help it, whom stand out under an entirely new name that get caught usually.

We dont actively seek to bust people. We dont actively scan banned members IPs. We dont actively hunt people (even those we are keeping an eye on per se, like you, LeSkid, Yup, and a couple others). We simply handle it when we run across it. Our goal here is not to rule with an iron fist. The asshats usually stand out well enough without us actively hunting them.

But there is a difference in KNOWING it happens, and someone basically being so brash as to post about it on another site as if we all live solely in the bubble of GDC.

Im not inclined to believe you simply didnt think about it. After all you so pride yourself on your own perceived superior intellect. Clearly someone of who thinks so highly of himself would not make such a menial mistake.

Know this. I feel like I could easily ban you for this transgression and not feel guilty about it in the least.

I wont.

But consider it a last straw warning.
Look over the language with which you are commenting on my post. It's absolutely charged with dissent & disrespect regardless of my tone or substance.

I won't make any assumptions to say your mind can't be changed. But it's clear that I'm in your "cross-hairs" regardless of you knowing who you're talking to. The point is we all make mistakes. I already explained myself, my rationale, and my acknowledgement of the mistake. Misconstruing my intent even further to suggest that I was brash enough to do it despite my "intellect," is not only making further assumptions, but inferring a mindset that I never had.

The repeated winking directed at me, a so called "asshat," hardly befits a figure of authority, regardless of your familiarity with the sport of riding, how fast you are, or how knowledgeable.

Moreover, this self-perceived intellect is nothing more than a grasp of the English language of which I think everyone is subject to simply because it's the basis of communication on any forum. How this became a "think so highly of myself" status I won't divulge.

Suffice it to say, your last message is what you generally finish with, not really allowing a response as per usual, the response is usually asinine and some sort of insult from the other person to which you generously ban accordingly.

I can honestly say, through all my usual sarcasm, dissent, or linguistic jabs, I haven't done that. No one has ever doubted your or any other mods ability to ban members so no need to affirm that.

Elsewise, 100% serious (rare from me): what is your beef with me?

"serious is for real for serious." -resident captain justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
the forum is blessed to have you here. your insight is boundless.
tanks bro
yup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #114
Moto_Joe

I know exactly who I am talking to. Your bolded quote of mine was simply a typo as I edited that area of the post mid typing, and between doing my work laundry. I almost never proof read, and you caught an instance of that. Bravo

I take HUGE exception to you insinuating I would ban you simply for a response, as a way to get the last word. In fact I usually am very diligent in allowing my detractors to get the last word. Fortunately enough they almost always say or do something stupid to get the ban before I even have to allow such.

I have NEVER banned anyone simply because I "had a beef" with them. I have very well banned people I didnt like. I wont deny that but it was not BECAUSE I didnt like them.

Much to the contrary actually. I usually am very hesitant to personally ban someone whom I dont like, because of the accusations you are hinting at here. That I would do so for my own personal reasons.

I dont have a beef with you. I dont care enough about you to have a beef with you. i have issue with how you have acted from time to time on the forum. I think you are a habitual line stepper, and button pusher. I think you cross lines that the forum has set forth be it in writing or in practice, be it by us or as the forum body itself has set its own morality.

What is funny is you seem to be genuinely clueless as to how you and your own ill fitting perception of your superior intellect comes across.

You rarely seem to actually add anything to the forum constructive. Most of the posts of yours that stand out to me are condescending in nature and mostly trolling. That is not to say they all are, but rather enough of them are that way as to stand out.

You see, there are thousands upon thousands of members on this forum. It takes someone special to truly stand out. Some are for good things. Many are for bad things. MOST dont actually stand out at all. I may recognize the name but nothing remarkable stands out to make me take notice.

You have done enough to make me notice you. You are not alone. You are not special in that. Will my opinion change? Sure, if I stop noticing you, I wont care anymore.

Will YOU change? I doubt it. People rarely do.

I have no personal vendetta. If I did you would be gone already. But I fully expect you will fuck up again, and one of us on staff will get rid of you.

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #115
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
Contrary to many peoples assumptions we dont have any malicious hacks installed in our forum that would allow us to view your PMs. It is not a part of normal BBcode, and not a part of this forum. I can see how many PMs you have, but I cant see what you PM.

What about the secret camera the Viking hid in my shower?
oldfart01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #116
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Quote:
I know exactly who I am talking to. Your bolded quote of mine was simply a typo as I edited that area of the post mid typing, and between doing my work laundry. I almost never proof read, and you caught an instance of that. Bravo

I take HUGE exception to you insinuating I would ban you simply for a response, as a way to get the last word. In fact I usually am very diligent in allowing my detractors to get the last word. Fortunately enough they almost always say or do something stupid to get the ban before I even have to allow such.

I have NEVER banned anyone simply because I "had a beef" with them. I have very well banned people I didnt like. I wont deny that but it was not BECAUSE I didnt like them.

Much to the contrary actually. I usually am very hesitant to personally ban someone whom I dont like, because of the accusations you are hinting at here. That I would do so for my own personal reasons.
I dont have a beef with you. I dont care enough about you to have a beef with you. i have issue with how you have acted from time to time on the forum. I think you are a habitual line stepper, and button pusher. I think you cross lines that the forum has set forth be it in writing or in practice, be it by us or as the forum body itself has set its own morality.

What is funny is you seem to be genuinely clueless as to how you and your own ill fitting perception of your superior intellect comes across.

You rarely seem to actually add anything to the forum constructive. Most of the posts of yours that stand out to me are condescending in nature and mostly trolling. That is not to say they all are, but rather enough of them are that way as to stand out.

You see, there are thousands upon thousands of members on this forum. It takes someone special to truly stand out. Some are for good things. Many are for bad things. MOST dont actually stand out at all. I may recognize the name but nothing remarkable stands out to make me take notice.

You have done enough to make me notice you. You are not alone. You are not special in that. Will my opinion change? Sure, if I stop noticing you, I wont care anymore.

Will YOU change? I doubt it. People rarely do.

I have no personal vendetta. If I did you would be gone already. But I fully expect you will fuck up again, and one of us on staff will get rid of you.
I couldn't believe how long Howie got away with calling you all kinds of stupid shit for a LONG time until it finally wore thin on everybody. All he did in here after a while was try to bait you into a ban & he was let go for a year or more!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #117
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I couldn't believe how long Howie got away with calling you all kinds of stupid shit for a LONG time until it finally wore thin on everybody. All he did in here after a while was try to bait you into a ban & he was let go for a year or more!
Howie was clearly an insane man. Nobody took him serious for that matter. It was more funny and sad than insulting.

There are others as well if you look around, who either push my buttons or I dont get along with, whom I allow to stay.

There are even a few whom I have protected from other staff members for the same reasons (personal rather than actual rule breaking).
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #118
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Quote:
Howie was clearly an insane man. Nobody took him serious for that matter. It was more funny and sad than insulting.

There are others as well if you look around, who either push my buttons or I dont get along with, whom I allow to stay.

There are even a few whom I have protected from other staff members for the same reasons (personal rather than actual rule breaking).
You pointy headed motherfucker!! You miss that chit, don't you? The last rant of the great Howie.

"Hey Joe, You in the same boat as SVS, just like the old Racist motherfucker Bull Conner, you know the Sheirreff that put the dogs on black protesting for equal right. All you pointed head motherfuckers don't play fair. You know the KKK that have masked on you no different. You call your beady-eyed self fucking with by changing my avatar, just like the masked kkk people. Why you got to fuck with me? I don't like you, you don't like me, and you call yourself joking with me. You crossed eyed trailer trash offspring, that chit is thin as hell..

You kiddin with me?? ha, you were mad because a skinny old black man, that can type 60 wpm, was getting the best of the racists around here..

Was your dipchit sister that ran over her husband because he didn't vote??

Haw, haw, haw, you crossed eyed racist motherfucker, and that goes for you sneaky behind the back SVS too."
President & founding Member of IACOGDC..........Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC Always wear your cup & safety helmet while posting on GDC I am aging like a fine whine! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind. ...... Proudly Banned 1,000,000 & 3 Times .............. Erin at MotoMummy rules!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #119
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I couldn't believe how long Howie got away with calling you all kinds of stupid CHIT for a LONG time until it finally wore thin on everybody.
Fixxored. That guy was crazy. /jack
dylanjacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #120
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

i never understood why that guy wrote "chit" but typed every other word out there.
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement