Post your crashed bike pictures! - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Pics and Vids

Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #41
pmjr0987
Back Marker

Re: Post your crashed bike pictures!

Ok i see what your saying, in a strait line condition where 100% of traction can be giving to the brakes, i can see where the rear brakes wont make a difference. Its when your turning and say 20% of your maximum traction is devoted to G's and you go to stop, and you give your front brake that 100% power like u say vs using both brakes, 120% traction needed=locked front wheel=high side. I've seen it happen. Parking lot practice would have helped me in my accident but the main problem was timing, i was just not looking at the road at all for the second the guy was laying on his brake. call it luck, my bad luck lol.

Anyone else who has pics post em up... unlike what some people here think, accidents happen, and hopefully sharing your experiences and the consequences of the accident with others may help other accidents be avoided n i don't mind being an example if it helps someone else.

pmjr0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #42
G3t Bl1tz3D
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK750- View Post
It looks like full gear in the North America usually means a textile jacket, gloves, a helmet, sneakers and jeans.
well if you guys would like to wear full leathers every day in 100+ degree texas heat be my guest and ill throw the finger as i drive by you having a heat stroke on the side of the road in my sleeveless jacket and jeans
but hey atleast you'll be safe from road rash aye!
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #43
d207gp
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face

Motorcycle: '06 G1K, '08 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3t Bl1tz3D View Post
well if you guys would like to wear full leathers every day in 100+ degree texas heat be my guest and ill throw the finger as i drive by you having a heat stroke on the side of the road in my sleeveless jacket and jeans.
Damn squid. A properly hydrated rider won't get heatstroke even in full leathers. Idiot. I'd rather sweat than bleed.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
well if you guys would like to wear full leathers every day in 100+ degree texas heat be my guest and ill throw the finger as i drive by you having a heat stroke on the side of the road in my sleeveless jacket and jeans
but hey atleast you'll be safe from road rash aye!
People do it all the time, including myself. If you are moving (riding) it's not bad. If you are just hanging around, I agree, it's really hot. I have to say no sleeves makes NO sense unless you figure you don't really need your arms. Buy a textile mesh jacket, at least you have some protection for your elbows & arms.
oldfart01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #45
G3t Bl1tz3D
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by d207gp View Post
Damn squid. A properly hydrated rider won't get heatstroke even in full leathers. Idiot. I'd rather sweat than bleed.
ok lol squid cuz i dont wear a full jacket makes no sense what so ever when i wear everything else.. but ok and i dont wanna b a sweaty bag of shit once i get where im going seeing as i only have a bike
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

a properly designed jacket actually is COOLER than just a Tshirt .

Same concept as a farmer wearing long sleeves.

But that is not near as cool .

This thread is slap full of fail
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjr0987 View Post
Ok i see what your saying, in a strait line condition where 100% of traction can be giving to the brakes, i can see where the rear brakes wont make a difference. Its when your turning and say 20% of your maximum traction is devoted to G's and you go to stop, and you give your front brake that 100% power like u say vs using both brakes, 120% traction needed=locked front wheel=high side. I've seen it happen. Parking lot practice would have helped me in my accident but the main problem was timing, i was just not looking at the road at all for the second the guy was laying on his brake. call it luck, my bad luck lol.

Anyone else who has pics post em up... unlike what some people here think, accidents happen, and hopefully sharing your experiences and the consequences of the accident with others may help other accidents be avoided n i don't mind being an example if it helps someone else.
A locked front wheel while turning would make a lowside.

The rear wheel does very little to nothing for slowing the bike down if you are using the front to its full potential. Period. the rear CAN help with chassis stability if you are talented enough to use it and not lock it up while using the front to its full potential.

The front can be used DAMN hard at some DAMN steep lean angles

Notice the angle of the belly pan to the ground, and the fender to the nose...

Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #48
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post

The rear wheel does very little to nothing for slowing the bike down if you are using the front to its full potential. Period. the rear CAN help with chassis stability if you are talented enough to use it and not lock it up while using the front to its full potential.

Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #49
pmjr0987
Back Marker

Damn your on the brakes in that picture??? Are your running race slicks their? how much to they help in maximum traction compared to street tires? I run Dunlop Q2's i cant imagine how grippy an all out race slick could be.

I did the parking lot thing with my back brakes, learning when they will lock up. I sure do wish my bike had ABS, for a daily bike, so not have to worry about a wheel locking up in traffic, or a slick cool mountain road would be glorious to say the least

X2 on textile jacket, i been riding with one since day one, 4 years ago. Funny thing is when i crashed i was not wearing my jacket, just a T-shirt and i got ZERO road rash tell me how that makes sense? not even on my T-shirt not a stain smudge or tear just a scrape on my helmet, and a broken collar bone, and my shoe ripped in half somehow

Old 12-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
Moto_Joe

Shoes are usually one of tghe first things to go, and boney areas are first to get ground on.

You were lucky.

Yes I am on the brakes. Hard. That is why the fender is as close as it is and the bike is as forward pitched as it is.. Yes that is a slick front, but really a DOT race front will do the same, and even a good hybrid tire like your q2 can brake that deep... carefully.

Could I do that on the street, with a tire that is only heated to street temps? Nope. But you can brake pretty damn far still. Key is smoothness and feel. Takes a lot of experience and know how.

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 12-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #51
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
ok lol squid cuz i dont wear a full jacket makes no sense what so ever when i wear everything else.. but ok and i dont wanna b a sweaty bag of shit once i get where im going seeing as i only have a bike
so you would rather be a bloody bag of shit then???
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #52
pmjr0987
Back Marker

that is amazing, great pic too. braking i found to be the hardest thing to master. im smooth on throttle, and normally get on it a bit quicker than most i ride with, but its the braking thats always tricky im always worried the front tire will give out and bikes dont have crutches to lean on like a car does when that happens. I hope to get to the track next year, i have dreams about it lol
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #53
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post

sweet pic mj...
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #54
SpeederT
Loves Grammas Gum Jobs

Motorcycle: FACK, I sold my supermoto.

Which county road in Dutches, I use to ride in that area until it got a little crazy do to a group going a little stupid every Sunday,LoL.
SpeederT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #55
justfaster
Lifetime Premium

Highside at Pocono while doing a trackday with Nesba. Rear kicked out and shoot my ass up, helmet smashed windscreen as I held on as long as I could. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1355021719.939282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
justfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #56
JustACE80
Squid

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 600

Man Down!!!!
I flew off this mug like superman going into a corner in a subdivision at 5 mph and dislocated my shoulder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0023.jpg (70.1 KB, 52 views)
JustACE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #57
kevin.g
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K6 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustACE80 View Post
Man Down!!!!
I flew off this mug like superman going into a corner in a subdivision at 5 mph and dislocated my shoulder
How??
kevin.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #58
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650

The subdivision was also going 5 mph, in the opposite direction.
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement