TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000 - Page 7 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Pics and Vids

Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #121
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Re: TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

Lol.. Fine.. Don't believe us.. As someone who has rebuilt many many bikes.. Trust me.. There will be a lot of parts you didn't realized were bent or broken.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #122
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
You're truly are

Must. not. grammar. Nazi.
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #123
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

You just did.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #124
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRocketKev View Post
Lol yeah! You're a mind reader. What sucks is I was planning on getting full coverage too. But im looking at the bike and the only damaged parts are the ones I listed. There are still many many still good parts. Would you like pictures of certain parts? I can provide if so.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #125
rp94pj
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR-750
Quote:
$3500 for a rebuild. @SLP I have not started it yet. My clutch line snapped and idk how Imma check the engine. I guess I'll get a new clutch assembly and see if she starts up. The front end took all the weight. Only minor scratches on the left cover. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Buy a cruiser and stop riding like a asshole. They should have taken you out in a body bag. I doubt you will get a third chance. It's one thing to risk your own life but you endangered all those guys you passed. If you would have passed me like that an ass whoppin would have been in order and I damn sure wouldn't have helped pull your bike out. And judging from the rest of your videos you always ride like an asshole and do stupid shit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by rp94pj; 12-07-2012 at 11:20 PM.
rp94pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #126
RiceRocketKev
Squid

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

You're acting like I didn't learn my lesson. I did. Almost died and totalled my bike. What other lessons do I need to learn? Its pretty blunt.
RiceRocketKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #127
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R600

Quote:
You're acting like I didn't learn my lesson. I did. Almost died and totalled my bike. What other lessons do I need to learn? Its pretty blunt.
That's the first time you acknowledged that. The other lesson is to carry full collision insurance from now on.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #128
d207gp
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face

Motorcycle: '06 G1K, '08 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramadness View Post
lmfao, was he screaming for the deer to come back and help him?
Maybe he was screaming in terror when he saw the deer shit on his knee @ 7:45.

Quote:
I have not started it yet. My clutch line snapped...

K7/K8's have hydraulic clutches.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #129
COBRA90GT
Miss Sofonda Cox

Legendary thread.
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #130
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650
Exclamation Re: TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

Kev.

You Are Not Listening. Actually, even worse, you are listening, ignoring our best advice, and then asking us to tell you something you want to hear. We will not be telling you what you want to hear, though, because...

You are wrong. If you were listening to the VERY EXPERIENCED (in some cases professional) riders who have told you what they would do in your position, you would be shopping for a 250 or a non-R 600 already.

Your old 1000 is now dead. No matter what you do, you will wind up with a zombie- sure, it's the same bike, but it will be a shambling, stumbling, DEAD version. It will not be the precision instrument imbued with raw power that you fell in love with. It never will be the same again.

Also, if you had truly learned your lesson, you would realize that you Are. Not. Good. Enough. To. Ride. This. Bike....yet. You can learn, if you choose.

Again: You currently lack the skill. Nobody is born with skill, it is earned. The fastest way to learn is on a smaller bike. If you are afraid of riding a small bike because you're afraid of looking like a pansy, guess what? You're a pansy. Don't hide behind a monster machine, buy one you can learn on, and stop posing. Only an ignoramus and/or a sissy lets looks stop them from doing the right thing, and learning properly.

Your next step should be to buy and read Twist of the Wrist 2. Watch the video as well. Apply the lessons inside to every ride, even practice away from the bike.

These are racing machines; learn how to use them properly and they will be SO much more fun than the looks and attention you get just by riding it. Earning the respect of people who have learned how to ride very well is also incredibly rewarding, and is not a shallow, empty kind of feeling. It is the kind of thing that helps children grow into real adults.

Speaking of: Pretending is for children. If you hop onto a full-blown race machine right off the bat, you are pretending you know how to do something you don't. You are a grown child, playing dress-up. There is nothing wrong with starting out on a machine that isn't the fastest, biggest, most famous piece of hardware around. Nobody respects the dude who decides to buy a 'busa one day, then tools around, afraid to lean over and turn.

You've done an outstanding job of keeping your temper, and I think you deserve credit for that. However, you are also ignoring the best advice this whole forum (which is a formiddable place- we are in the presence of very talented and experienced people) has offered you. Either take what has been said seriously, or at some point those who know will have no patience left for you.

You've been very polite and well spoken, and I like that. If you become brave enough to take the advice that is offered and fix your own mistakes, I'm positive you will become a liked and respected member of our little community. Personally, I'd love to see you live long enough for that to happen.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do- hopefully you pick up a practice bike, and learn to wring every ounce of performance out of it before you move up to the Huge Bikes. I promise, smaller bikes are way more fun to ride when you're new, and even after you become a better rider, they never loose their charm. I'd rather wring the guts out of a machine that can barely hit 60 than cling to the grips of a bike that goes 160 on accident, too scared to try anything, any day of any week.

Last edited by Samantha750; 12-08-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Read the rules, especially no. 4
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #131
obc
Club Racer

if you're too lazy to read that guys post then let me help.
you are wasting your time fixing what remains of this motorcycle.
obc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #132
2movethesoul
Rookie

Here's a link to the video if anyone didn't see it:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f48_1354735527
2movethesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #133
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Wink Re: TOTALLED 07' Gixxer 1000

Sorry, TLDR eyerolls make me chuckle. Apologies, and long story short, OP: The best advice you're likely to get has already been given. Maybe it's not easy news to listen to, but it's honest and very well informed. Please don't ignore it.

Your polite attitude is probably the only thing keeping the local fauna from tearing you apart; I think most of the people following this thread are a little unsure of you- Rides like an ass, but talks like a gentleman? Keanu says "whoah."

Also, we don't want you to die. Especially since you seem like a nice guy. Best way not to die is to BOTH learn to ride well AND to keep sane-only doing one or the other still makes it easy to die in a hurry.

Study! Learn! Live! Twist of the Wrist 2 will open your eyes; I've re-read it multiple times, with a new "eureka" moment every time. It is absolutely essential to read, too. Driving a car correctly at speed is complex; a bike is at least three times more complicated to ride correctly- I'm making every effort to be literal. You've got to do your homework if you're not being trained by an expert.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #134
piester
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 7/10

buy a srad and swap your motor in. be a man. you may be able to afford full coverage then too
piester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #135
RiceRocketKev
Squid

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

I didn't come here to get insulted by everyone. I get that enough. I came here to get support from others like, "yea brotha, put that bike together and start riding!" Everyone fucks up. What makes me so much more special. I thought the motorcycle community was tight like a brother hood, like all the people I've met. Gixxer.com is where you go to get nothing of what you want. If any one of you were to get into a severe crash, I'd be giving you 110% of my support to get back out there riding. But I guess not. To the people who gave me some helpful tips, thank you. To those who won't take the dick out of their ass, here's one more for your mouth, fuck the haters.
RiceRocketKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #136
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

...Well, thanks for proving me wrong.

You won't get any "yea brotha" here. You wanted advice, and many experienced people offered very good, sound advice. You've become emotionally involved with an inanimate object- not that I blame you, these bikes are masterpieces. End of the day though, it's just a machine. Machines can be broken so badly they shouldn't be fixed, for safety, cost, and performance reasons. That is where your bike is now.

This place is tighter than you think. People who care what happens to you aren't going to encourage you to do something that is likely to lead to heartache and injury, no matter if it's going to hurt a feeling or two to break it to you. This truly is a brotherhood; brothers tease, joke, and can be pretty harsh, but in the end we will always be straight with you. THAT is what brotherhood is about, and THAT is how you have been treated.

If you aren't willing to listen to the truth, ask someplace else. We're not going to hold your hand and help you waste your time and money. These guys are experts on motorcycles, not a chorus of yes men.

On the other hand, if you want access to some of the most GSX-R savvy people you're ever likely to meet, stick around, listen to those who know, learn to let the crap flow off of you, and to throw your own back. Expect to catch some flak- Hell, look at my forum rank. You think I labeled myself an ass packer? No. Am I bent out of shape about it? No. Even if I was, it'd be a small price to pay for what I've learned from these people.

Nobody told you you shouldn't get back on a motorcycle. If you think riding a smaller bike is the same as not riding at all, then you are both wrong and probably not grown up enough to be riding in the first place. Good grief, some of the most fun I've had with clothes on happened on top of an XR-80! Learning to ride right is vital. An R bike is terrible for learning; so many "basic" motions on it are fairly advanced level motions on a bike not built to race. Jockeys don't learn how to ride on thoroghbreds, they learn how to ride horses and THEN learn how to ride racers.

Last edited by TeflonTrout; 12-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #137
SpeederT
Loves Grammas Gum Jobs

Motorcycle: FACK, I sold my supermoto.

There was a rider who use to go with a group that are friends of mine. He was always trying to keep the pace with those who where a little more skilled, etc. A few of them had talked with him more than once about riding his own ride because of getting in over his head. While on the way home from a Sunday ride this rider crossed over the double yellow straight into an on coming car, passing away on impact. One of the other riders in this group witnessed this crash happen right in front of her, has not gotten back on her bike since. Op, let go of the 1000 because it is just dead now and move onto something with a little less power and more forgiving. Riding fast just might not be your thing so be real with yourself because you might not make it home the next time.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #138
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
I didn't come here to get insulted by everyone. I get that enough. I came here to get support from others like, "yea brotha, put that bike together and start riding!" Everyone fucks up. What makes me so much more special. I thought the motorcycle community was tight like a brother hood, like all the people I've met. Gixxer.com is where you go to get nothing of what you want. If any one of you were to get into a severe crash, I'd be giving you 110% of my support to get back out there riding. But I guess not. To the people who gave me some helpful tips, thank you. To those who won't take the dick out of their ass, here's one more for your mouth, fuck the haters.
there is 2 sides of the motorcycle community...there are true motorcyclest like most of us here and then there are the squids that we at gixxer.com try to keep out...i dont want to call you a squid becouse it does seem like your being honest and owning up to your some of the mistakes you have made....after seeing that video you really should feel lucky that your ok but think about the other people you put in danger through out that ride...im sure those people have familys that care for them and how do you think they would feel when they get a phone call from the police saying that so and so is dead or hurt bad?? you could have messed up a few lifes on that ride including your own..as for fixing your bike? you have got the best advice that we cold give you..the only thing you should do is part out what is good on it((if anything)) and learn from this..your right about we all make mistakes but in my book that all could have been avoided.. i hope you learn from this and the best of luck to you..
motocross#147 drag racing#4933
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #139
oldgixxer
Loves to nibble on Shannons huge boobs

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Seriously? You posted a vid of yourself riding like a complete douchebag,passing rows of riders and almost side swiping another coming up behind him so fast he didnt even see you. What if you hit him? Then what? You post a vid of yourself riding like a complete&utter asshole and you crash and then expect support from the "motorcycle community"?

I've been riding since I was 5 years old,thats 37 years of experience under my belt. I have some helpful advice for you,stop riding like that or you will kill yourself or even worse,someone else.
That corner was by no means a difficult one yet your lack of skill and overabundance of bravado almost killed you&destroyed your bike. Had you passed me like you did those riders and I came up on the accident scene a few minutes later I'm the type of person that would have beeped my horn,gave you the finger and rode off laughing at you beacause you got EXACTLY what you deserved.

Go post your bullshit on another forum,we dont want any of it here on GDC
Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #140
d207gp
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face

Motorcycle: '06 G1K, '08 CBR1000RR

Quote:
I didn't come here to get insulted by everyone.
So where DO you usually go to get insulted by everyone?

Sorry, but that was just too easy.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement