2013 Yoshimura limited 1K - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R1000 General Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #41
TOEJAM
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel

Motorcycle: 06 R1 Raven; '07 Ducati 1098S; '08 Triumph Sprint ST; '09 Triumph 675; '10 Yamaha R6; '13 Aprilia RSV4 APRC
Re: 2013 Yoshimura limited 1K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
EPA Noise Compliant R-77 Stainless/Carbon Fiber Slip-On Exhaust System $423.26
Fender Eliminator Kit$74.66
Chassis Protectors$93.46
Steering Stem Nut$26.31
Axle Adjuster Blocks$62.21
Bar Ends$37.31
Race Stand Stopper$25.16
Suzuki Solo Cowl (Custom Painted)$63.57
Case Savers$161.81
Engine Plug Kit$35.65
Oil Filler Plug$24.86

Total= $1027.86

all part prices were taken from the STG site, with the exception of the cowl, which was an OEM price that i took from Suzukipartsnation. The race stand stopper price is the price for driven spools, as STG didn't have any listed for yoshi. this means that yoshimura wants to charge an additional $3472.04 for bodywork with a special sticker scheme (sale price of 4500 considered, not 5000). their claim of a custom paint job is ludicrous because it is not custom. custom denotes a one-off production, to the demand of a customer. so is anyone still interested in paying 5k more for a 2013 with $1027 in extra parts? if you bought the LE, you still would be out the value for the OEM stuff, which you could at least sell if you bought the stupid kit after the fact to offset a cost. i am completely disappointed in yoshimura right now.

P.S. If you called Jason at ext 210, he will still give you a sweeter price than those listed.

edit- and you STILL won't have any sort of a better performing machine at fucking all. yosh should give their head a fucking shake.
Exactly.

I was being a little sarcastic in my first post when i said "they are charging you $4,000 for $400 worth of shit". I didnt actually do the research/math. But you are exactly right. It is a joke and a rip off.

You want to build an "LE" and jack the price up $5,000? Then install Magnesium Marchesini's, REAL Brembo calipers, a Brembo MC and a TTX rear shock on it. THEN you have a special bike that is worthy of the additional costs.
TOEJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #42
youngblood750
Back Marker

Motorcycle: gsxr750y 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by squale147 View Post
man...pops would be disappointed ...
I think Pops would have made the bike like this if they want to call it yoshimura limited edition.

Last edited by youngblood750; 12-07-2012 at 04:58 AM.
youngblood750 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #43
youngblood750
Back Marker

Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #44
youngblood750
Back Marker

that's How Yoshimura limited edition should be.. really beautiful!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #45
Karns Performance
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 05 1k- sold / 2012 1k

you could build it... it would cost 75 - 100k
jason
Karns Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #46
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

lol @ $25k you can grab an hp4
yup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #47
performula
Function over F0RM

Motorcycle: L2 GSXR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yup View Post
lol @ $25k you can grab an hp4
Or you could invest the other $12k into a 12/13 Gix and kiss that limited and the HP4 goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #48
Karns Performance
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 05 1k- sold / 2012 1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula View Post
Or you could invest the other $12k into a 12/13 Gix and kiss that limited and the HP4 goodbye.

Karns Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula View Post

in the end, if you think about the crowd they're trying to market to (someone has mentioned this before) they're not marketing towards the gearheads/trackmonkeys who're gonna spend $12/13k on their brand new bike to make it "kiss the limited & hp4 goodbye." While the monikers suggest high performance; ie. in the case of the HP4, it was aimed at competing against the rsv4 APRC & Ducati's panigale S. It is mostly just to steal some of THAT target audience for bmw. These bikes are marketed towards those guys who want something that's already built for them, with gimmicky trim parts and special edition (with few exceptions) written all over their starbucks chariots.

Something else someone's mentioned before, maybe joe, these manufacturers can do FAR more with each new version of the bike, but they're only going to do enough to make it competitive against the competition. I'm sure these manufacturers are NOT pulling all the stops just to have nothing to present the following years.

"serious is for real for serious." -resident captain justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
the forum is blessed to have you here. your insight is boundless.
tanks bro
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #50
K81K
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2008 Gsxr 1000 2007 Gsxr 600 2007 R6 2008 Husqvarna 610Sm Supermoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by squale147 View Post
+10000

Couldnt agree more!
K81K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #51
javadog
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: I don't ride anything. Who has the time? Plus, everything I own is in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOEJAM View Post
You want to build an "LE" and jack the price up $5,000? Then install Magnesium Marchesini's, REAL Brembo calipers, a Brembo MC and a TTX rear shock on it. THEN you have a special bike that is worthy of the additional costs.
Sign me up, Bunky. That's a good deal. $6000 worth of stuff (at discounted prices, retail is a lot higher) for 5 grand. In fact, let's just skip the new bike part of the deal. I'll tell you which bike I want the parts for and you can sell them to me by themselves. I'll take a couple sets. Of course, I want free shipping with that.

I'm guessing you didn't go to business school.

You guys are being too harsh on Yoshimura. They've built complete bikes before, both here and in Japan. Some you've heard of, some you probably haven't. The photos above show one of them, although most of the photos are of one of the race bikes from Japan, which has doodly squat to do with the limited production streetbikes they built in the same era. Some of these bikes were pretty exotic and had price tags to match. They sold them all but most of you will never see one in person. There aren't a lot of people with that kind of cash burning a hole in their pocket. I have a lot of friends in the bike business and their average customer doesn't have enough income to even consider buying a bike, but they do it anyway. The kid's shoes can come later. Spend much time at a dealership and you'll see what I mean.

If you want a real performance bike, they'll sell you one. Just wait until they decide to replace their AMA superbikes and buy one of the old ones. Won't be cheap, but they will be fast...

Or, call them up and ask them to build you a motor. They'd be happy to do that. Just tell them it's for a race bike, so big brother doesn't get excited. You see, it's getting a lot harder to modify bikes legally. You really can't, thus the "off road use only" disclaimer on most of the parts sales. It worked for a long time but the industry is getting a lot of heat now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that most aftermarket parts end up on a streetbike. Do you think they could advertise for sale a fully-built hot-rod bike, which wouldn't be legal anywhere in the US? Dream on, puppy...

So let's throw some wheels and brakes on the thing. Not kosher either, plus you have to worry about the lawsuit that will be coming from the first fucking squid that wads one. Mag wheels aren't really good on the street, plus they do change the handling characteristics of the bike. It's all good if you know what you are doing but that doesn't describe the average rider. You can make a similar argument for the brakes. Somewhere, someday, some idiot will get in over his head and the lawyer will blame the modifications. That's how it works in our shitty little society.

If you find the price too high, don't buy one. Want to buy a BMW instead? Go ahead. Then you can whine on the BMW forums and I won't have to read about it. I've owned a few products from the Bavarians over the years and I've learned that I don't want to own another. Maybe your luck will be better than mine.

Personally, I'm just patiently waiting for the next generation of GSX-R to pop out of Hammamatsu. I'm hoping that Suzuki will fix the things that have kept Suzuki from winning on the track the last couple of years. Yeah, it might be that the streetbike will suffer a bit (either in the way it runs, or what it costs) but that's a small price to pay for kicking Yamaha's ass in the USA, or essentially every other brand on the world stage. After all, Suzuki is really in the racing business and the streetbikes are just a side line, you know. I'll just wait quietly, like Yoshimura is doing, and wait for things to improve. We thought it would be this year, but I guess not. Maybe 2014 is looking good.

JR
javadog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #52
JP1143
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K4 1143, L2 1K

You summed it all up perfectly in your statement javadog.
JP1143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #53
yup

i've learned so much javadog. TANKS BRA
Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #54
Smoothcactus
Squid

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsxr 1000

Funny thing is, before they launched this "limited edition" Gsxr 1000 I already have most of those mods and some that are not offered with this Ltd edition K13 on my K9, and it cost me no where near what Suzuki is charging so I guess I can say that I got the best "Limited edition" for the cost that I paid without being raped !!!
Smoothcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #55
IYAOYAS
Squid

Hey guys, I agree the limited, base option, is very anemic. I purchase one of the 750's including the option number 2. This option added OZ racing wheels (piega-r), Galfer rotors (superbike), black braided brake lines, Renthal rear sprocket, RK racing drive chain and a few other options. The slip-on exhaust is a waste as I'm adding a full system. I have also added a number of additional engine upgrades. Total price out.....$25K

Note: As JAVADOG, stated above, Yoshimura's team, putting these bikes together, are legally unable to do all the upgrades we seek. They did however, work with my local dealer to assist in any way possible. There was a number of hard to get parts that Yoshimura allowed me to order and ship with the bike, for my local shop to install.

These bikes come with full factory warantee and all the restrictions that come with that.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by IYAOYAS; 05-16-2013 at 01:35 PM.
IYAOYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #56
javadog
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: I don't ride anything. Who has the time? Plus, everything I own is in pieces.

I have always found the guys at Yoshimura to be incredibly helpful. I wish that there wasn't as much government intrusion in our lives, and fewer lawyers...

Even the dealers that upgrade these bikes are sticking their necks out. The only reason they continue to do so is that there isn't as much oversight/enforcement as there could be. It's only going to get worse.

Enjoy the bikes you can get today, as someday you won't like what's available.

JR
javadog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #57
Motionelco
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYAOYAS View Post
Hey guys, I agree the limited, base option, is very anemic. I purchase one of the 750's including the option number 2. This option added OZ racing wheels (piega-r), Galfer rotors (superbike), black braided brake lines, Renthal rear sprocket, RK racing drive chain and a few other options. The slip-on exhaust is a waste as I'm adding a full system. I have also added a number of additional engine upgrades. Total price out.....$25K

Note: As JAVADOG, stated above, Yoshimura's team, putting these bikes together, are legally unable to do all the upgrades we seek. They did however, work with my local dealer to assist in any way possible. There was a number of hard to get parts that Yoshimura allowed me to order and ship with the bike, for my local shop to install.

These bikes come with full factory warantee and all the restrictions that come with that.

Hope this helps...
Pics!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Motionelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
IYAOYAS
Squid

The bike will not be back from Yoshimura for three to four weeks. I will post pics, once I have it in hand.

What do you guys know about the OZ PIEGA-R wheels?

Last edited by IYAOYAS; 05-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.
IYAOYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement