So what do YOU want to see suzuki do in 2013 - Page 8 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #141
Jd4oor
I Heart Man Sauce

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 1000 2007 GSX-R 600
Re: So what do YOU want to see suzuki do in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhwhereditgo View Post
The sales I don't think would change,even if the 750 does outsell currently. There will be more 600s and 1000s that's all. Like I said its an awkward bike, a race bike you can't race. Or at the very least a race bike that contributes nothing to the bigger picture of the corporation.
It makes them money, the primary goal of any corporation.

Quote:
They outsell mainly because I think they are viewed as a "manly" 600. People feel they want more then a 600.. for some reason, but don't think they can handle/need a 1000. If it simply weren't available I don't think it would be terribly missed.
Tell that to the legions of die hard 750 fans that buy them.

Quote:
It's like hearing how much easier a 750 is around town..lol...I thinks is placebo. Theres plenty of bottom end in 600s today for around town.
A lot of people think riding a 600 around town isn't as much fun as a 750 or 1000.

Quote:
Plus let's say there's no R&D for the 750..
There is.

Quote:
the logistics and production costs to simply stock and manufacture the parts is reasonably high. The military is kind of proof of this. A lot of vehicles and aircraft are being designed for universal parts. You can cut storage, quantity, and production costs greatly by offering a smaller variety of parts.
They already do this. Many of the 600 and 750 parts are interchangeable.

Quote:
Offer 2 engines and its much cheaper then 3, even if you produce the same total amount.
You're assuming no change in demand, which is probably a poor assumption.

Quote:
As far as the gsxr is concerned I say screw ergos. Its a sport bike line up. The F4i is a sport touring bike. Make a full on twin race alternative to the 4s.

And I have nothing against or want to see the 750 go, just think its a viable thought to change the line up a bit. Id take a twin over a 750 anyway.
Suzuki makes several twins already. They don't make a full on twin superbike anymore but it's a great engineering exercise to try and make a twin with a linear-ish powerband that even sniffs the horsepower numbers of an I-4 with equal displacement.

The last iteration TL 1000 made a little less horsepower than the 750, weighed 75 lbs more and was more expensive.

Quote:
An affordable Japanese priced comptetive twin I would even consider saying would outsell a 750. A twin 848 would replace the need for the 750 anyway for the guys wanting a middleweight with bottom end..and probably do it better. And they can get it on atleast an AMA grid
I personally prefer the power delivery of an I-4 for a track bike. Since you're in the top 3rd of the tach at all times, low end grunt doesn't matter as much. I'd argue an 848 twin would be a better street bike than a 750 I-4.
Jd4oor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #142
ahhhwhereditgo
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2001 GSX-R600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd4oor View Post
It makes them money, the primary goal of any corporation.

Tell that to the legions of die hard 750 fans that buy them.

A lot of people think riding a 600 around town isn't as much fun as a 750 or 1000.

There is.

They already do this. Many of the 600 and 750 parts are interchangeable.

You're assuming no change in demand, which is probably a poor assumption.

Suzuki makes several twins already. They don't make a full on twin superbike anymore but it's a great engineering exercise to try and make a twin with a linear-ish powerband that even sniffs the horsepower numbers of an I-4 with equal displacement.

The last iteration TL 1000 made a little less horsepower than the 750, weighed 75 lbs more and was more expensive.

I personally prefer the power delivery of an I-4 for a track bike. Since you're in the top 3rd of the tach at all times, low end grunt doesn't matter as much. I'd argue an 848 twin would be a better street bike than a 750 I-4.
Alot of people think the 750 feels better for their larger body and feels way more comfortable then a 600 too lol.

I know there is quite a bit of R&D, I just said that to humor the other guy. My point was even if you take that out of the equation it would still be cheaper. There are many interchangeable parts but one of the most expensive is the engine.

I don't feel there will be less demand for new bikes. Noone else offers a 750 so there's nowhere else to go . It's either get a 600 or 1000 or ride your 750 till it dies.

I agree the 848 would probably be a better street bike. And Suzuki could race it too. A novel idea for a series of race bikes lol.

I'll be honest...I really just want a twin or tripple that doesnt cost an arm and a leg hahaha. Honestly if they start mass producing EBRs at an atleast BMW type price and I could ride an American bike I'd be stoked. But yes, now its getting way off topic so ill quite down now.
ahhhwhereditgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #143
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Quote:
Alot of people think the 750 feels better for their larger body and feels way more comfortable then a 600 too lol.

I know there is quite a bit of R&D, I just said that to humor the other guy. My point was even if you take that out of the equation it would still be cheaper. There are many interchangeable parts but one of the most expensive is the engine.

I don't feel there will be less demand for new bikes. Noone else offers a 750 so there's nowhere else to go . It's either get a 600 or 1000 or ride your 750 till it dies.

I agree the 848 would probably be a better street bike. And Suzuki could race it too. A novel idea for a series of race bikes lol.

I'll be honest...I really just want a twin or tripple that doesnt cost an arm and a leg hahaha. Honestly if they start mass producing EBRs at an atleast BMW type price and I could ride an American bike I'd be stoked. But yes, now its getting way off topic so ill quite down now.
Ill address the rest of your shit when O get to a computer, but you DO know a 600 And a 750 are physically identical in size right? Or damn near it?. Same with the 1000 +/- a mm here and there

Anyone who gets on one and says it physically fits their larger stature is delusional
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #144
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

The 600s and 750s are almost 100% interchangeable..aside from a few things, throttle body, programming. Not much additional r and d needed.... Most of the motorparts will even swap.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #145
LaxBuddy21
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2012 GSXR 750 and 2012 FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Ill address the rest of your shit when O get to a computer, but you DO know a 600 And a 750 are physically identical in size right? Or damn near it?. Same with the 1000 +/- a mm here and there

Anyone who gets on one and says it physically fits their larger stature is delusional
Yea anyone who says it fits them better should just be smacked and told to stay off motorcycles for the betterment of us all lol
LaxBuddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #146
Leethal_
Squid

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eeder_Bike.jpg
Leethal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #147
ahhhwhereditgo
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2001 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post

I know that. That was exactly my point . It was commented on how 750 riders felt the 750 was by far the best bike for the street because of how it felt compared to a 600. (This was in reference to performance) My point was, you'll feel whatever you want to feel..ie, that the 750 is also more comfortable blah blah lol. You hear that WAY to often in the new comers forum.

And yes, I know many of the parts are interchangeable. But the swing arm, engine, and most of its internals are not. Its not about cost of the products themselves. More of the cost goes into the equipment and machinery needed to produce those products.

My main point was, if adding more bikes is a concern (as in they cant do to different of a bike because there line up is to big), Id be willing to see the 750 go for a something a bit different. My point was you could do this while also giving the 750 riders much of what they love of their bike, in a package that can race with 600s. Thats all lol.
ahhhwhereditgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #148
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
I know that. That was exactly my point . It was commented on how 750 riders felt the 750 was by far the best bike for the street because of how it felt compared to a 600. (This was in reference to performance) My point was, you'll feel whatever you want to feel..ie, that the 750 is also more comfortable blah blah lol. You hear that WAY to often in the new comers forum.
You do know that most 750 riders are talking about the additional engine power and not the frame size right? Not as volatile as a 1000, but has more grunt than a 600 without revving the piss out of it.. a good compromise in power. The only ones who talk about frame size are the ones who don't have the slightest clue what they are talking about. The bikes are almost identical.

Quote:
And yes, I know many of the parts are interchangeable. But the swing arm, engine, and most of its internals are not. Its not about cost of the products themselves. More of the cost goes into the equipment and machinery needed to produce those products.

Ummm..yes they are...swingarm especially.. More engine parts are than aren't as well, and honestly how much additional R&D do you think they put into the bigger bore.. Not much.

Quote:
My main point was, if adding more bikes is a concern (as in they cant do to different of a bike because there line up is to big), Id be willing to see the 750 go for a something a bit different. My point was you could do this while also giving the 750 riders much of what they love of their bike, in a package that can race with 600s. Thats all lol.
Why is their lineup too big? You know why the 750 sells right? Because the other jap manufacturers quit. They have the market cornered.. And there are a lot of diehard fans. How many people are worried about getting their bike on the lineup to race? The truth.. Few and far between. If they wanted to race it..they would just buy the damn 600 or 1000. And as far as seeing something go.. I'd be willing to see the 600 go for something a bit different.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #149
BlueRage
Squid

Motorcycle: 2012 GSX-R 1000
A matching GSXR car. Suzuki would hit a home-run. Every guy/gal on here would buy one to match their bike. Paint-to-match even. I threw this idea out to Suzuki Canada and got a corporate letter stating basically that "Suzuki R&D is private and does not take outside ideas." The company is now mediocre at best due to that attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Last edited by BlueRage; 08-14-2012 at 05:09 PM.
BlueRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #150
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRage View Post
A matching GSXR car. Suzuki would hit a home-run. Every guy/gal on here would buy one to match their bike. Paint-to-match even. I threw this idea out to Suzuki Canada and got a corporate letter stating basically that "Suzuki R&D is private and does not take outside ideas." The company is now mediocre at best due to that attitude.

troll.
MacBayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #151
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

I for one would not buy a Suzuki car.. Though they sale like hot cakes in Asia.
Mr. Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #152
BlueRage
Squid

Motorcycle: 2012 GSX-R 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
I for one would not buy a Suzuki car.. Though they sale like hot cakes in Asia.
If your car looked like your bike would you? Take the lines of a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, add some more sexy lines to it, 300 + hp engine and a paint-to-match GSX-R paint job, and Suzuki's back in business. Looking around my Suzuki dealer I couldn't quite believe the same people who made the GSX-R were churning out these bread-loaf cars. Marry the bike engineers with the car engineers, target North America and every guy would have his bike on stands beside his GSX-R car.

BlueRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #153
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

No, I still wouldn't.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #154
Jd4oor
I Heart Man Sauce

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 1000 2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
No, I still wouldn't.
+1 I can think of few scenarios that involve me buying a Suzuki cage.
Jd4oor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #155
rraiderr
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: Stretched and slammed Busa

Depends on if it was free or not. Cars are a huge waste of money but its hard to be without.

If it was free I would drive the dick car from Ace and Gary.
rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #156
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRage View Post
If your car looked like your bike would you? Take the lines of a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, add some more sexy lines to it, 300 + hp engine and a paint-to-match GSX-R paint job, and Suzuki's back in business. Looking around my Suzuki dealer I couldn't quite believe the same people who made the GSX-R were churning out these bread-loaf cars. Marry the bike engineers with the car engineers, target North America and every guy would have his bike on stands beside his GSX-R car.

I'd buy one if it handled like a beast and accelerated like my bike.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #157
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
I'd buy one if it handled like a beast and accelerated like my bike.
Have you seen the Suzuki car line up? They don't make Pikes Peak cars for every day people.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #158
SykomantiS
Back Marker

Motorcycle: GSX-R 1000 K6

The 750 is a legend- Suzuki should not, and luckily will not bin it. I still think my 750 was a better bike than my current 1000. Sure, the K6 is faster and "newer" more refined, I guess, less buzzy- but that 750... I never should have sold it I'm actually considering trying to get my hands on another 750.

As for the topic of the thread, I'd like to see a quick shifter, hid lights, and a back to basics approach: featherweight with brutal power and the handling to match. If that means Ohlins and Brembo, then so be it. Also drop the three spoke rims in favour of something else- preferably some BST carbons... (wishful thinking)

I'd also love to see 'n racing twin line-up, even if I've never ridden one. I love the sound and one day I'll own a Tl1000R.
SykomantiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #159
COMEBACK
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: K5 & 07 750 race bikes and 08 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
The 750 is a legend- Suzuki should not, and luckily will not bin it. I still think my 750 was a better bike than my current 1000. Sure, the K6 is faster and "newer" more refined, I guess, less buzzy- but that 750... I never should have sold it I'm actually considering trying to get my hands on another 750.

As for the topic of the thread, I'd like to see a quick shifter, hid lights, and a back to basics approach: featherweight with brutal power and the handling to match. If that means Ohlins and Brembo, then so be it. Also drop the three spoke rims in favour of something else- preferably some BST carbons... (wishful thinking)

I'd also love to see 'n racing twin line-up, even if I've never ridden one. I love the sound and one day I'll own a Tl1000R.
Think your dreaming a bit there with the BST's and all

....but yes a further development of the 750 legend is definitely on top of MY wish list along with totally new 1000 that will knock the BMW of it's perch
COMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #160
SykomantiS
Back Marker

Motorcycle: GSX-R 1000 K6
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMEBACK View Post
Think your dreaming a bit there with the BST's and all

....but yes a further development of the 750 legend is definitely on top of MY wish list along with totally new 1000 that will knock the BMW of it's perch
But they sure are sweet dreams though

Agreed on the rest. Also said, has the new ZX not stripped the beemer of its title?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
SykomantiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement