The Black Ops 2 thread - Page 10 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #181
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Re: The Black Ops 2 thread

He isn't playing strategically either..just sprinting in the open.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #182
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Oh..you beat me to that comment..lol
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #183
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I wish I hadn't prestiged.. I lost my fully automatic pistols..and I hadda use my unlock token to get ghost because you don't unlock it until the final level before you prestige..so I didn't get much chance to use it and know itd be damn useful.. Now I have to try really hard to get a top 3 spot.. However.. I am still managing with the pdw smg or the premade heavy gunner class (which is pretty close to my primary core class setup for a lot of maps anyway) That or the AN?? assault rifle with the assault shield for cover on hardpoint.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #184
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Motorcycle: GSXR600 K6

I ran NJ's automatic pistol set up last night with pretty good results. I had one match on Hijacked where I went 20-4. With the long barrel that thing is insane. I was running around with black hats hacking equipment as well.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it seemed either like there was no equipment to hack or that everyone on the other squad was running engineer and had black hats too. I had one match where a bouncing betty changed hands 4 times. It was kind of funny. All in all, I didn't get as many mine kills as I expected. With scavanger, I was thowing them all over the place as well.

The only downside with York's set up is the ammo capacity. One kill would almost drain a clip. If I was lucky, I'd have enough for another kill, but that was not always the case. In a game where people tend to cluster, this was a problem. All in all, it is a surprisingly powerful class....and diving out of 2nd story windows and surprising enemies below is fun as hell.
Roscoe Hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #185
njyork42
!##NULL##!

The ammo capacity is the reason I prefer the akimbo set up.. Akimbo means you get twice as many bullets.. Plus they reload very fast.. Sometimes I get a ton of betty kills..at other times..not the case.. Just depends how smart the enemy team is.

I usually get to hack a ton of stuff... Were you playing free-for-all? In team deathmatch there isn't as much stuff.. In free for all eveyone usually throws out junk.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #186
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

I mainly play TDM. I did get the akimbo set up last night and all I can say is wow. You don't need a primary. I found the dual full auto pistol set up really effective on a couple of maps. The only folks that were getting kills on me used shot guns or caught me when I was out of ammo. I also got a number of kills with hacked equipment. I occasionally found clusters of equipment and hacked on of the mines in the middle. I figured - usually correctly - that if there was a cluster of equipment there'd be several enemies at that location and not all would be running engineer. I got a number of kills that way. The set up seemed to work best on Standoff and Hijacked. I had no luck with it on Turbine and Raid, and did fair on the others.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #187
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I still dunno the names of the maps.. Lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #188
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Motorcycle: Steven's Bike

19 days to go. ugh
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #189
njyork42
!##NULL##!

lol
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #190
JetBlast

dude its so hard living in a box. i just wanna get home and get back into my regular routine. im already ordering stuff to get ready to play on xbox. i have my battery charger kit ready to purchase and i bought my Kontrol Freeks joystick extenders to get back into how i used to play. all i need now is a wireless headset and im good to go. my GF doesnt want to listen to gun fights in the living room and i need sound to play!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #191
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I need a good headset.. I want to see what things like sitrep are really capable of..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #192
JetBlast

i think i had the x-51 last time. that is what steven recommended and it just blew my mind using it! it's 7.1 surround sound and it felt like i was in the game.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #193
JetBlast

Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #194
Johnson81
Back Marker

Does anyone else hate the map "Turbine"?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Johnson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #195
njyork42
!##NULL##!

This game has became rather boring to me because people simply don't talk... Everyone is in parties except for me and the occassional jerkoff whom I would rather not converse with or they simply won't talk.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #196
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson81 View Post
Does anyone else hate the map "Turbine"?

I'm not a fan of most of them. I can do so-so on Turbine with a sniper and York's akimbo pistol set up.

My favorite maps are Standoff, Express, Slum, and Hijacked. I run and gun on these and when I've had a decent connection, I can rack up a lot of kills quickly. Aftermath is a campers paradise as is the Yemen map, and I've had little luck with Plaza for some reason.

The biggest problem with this game for me is the connection issue. I was doing great last night and actually had a couple of matches where I went above 20 kills with fewer than 5 deaths. I even had a couple 10 kill streaks. As is all too common, we would always merge with another lobby or get a new host and my connection would just fuck right off.

I'd see someone running toward and corner and would get in position to ambush them. I knew they didn't see me - they were facing the wrong way - I was behind cover, gun up, and finger on the trigger. I got shot in the head and as I was falling back dead, the guy comes around the corner firing. In the kill camera, I'm just standing there looking out the door.

In express, I came up the elevated walkway and saw a bunch of enemies. Having only pistols equipped, I bailed and ran back down the stairs. I got all the way to the middle landing, took hits, and was killed. On the kill camera, I was still out in the doorway of the elevated landing.

The game can be a lot of fun, but the connection issues are awful. Its probably the last game from them that I'll ever buy.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #197
Johnson81
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post
I'm not a fan of most of them. I can do so-so on Turbine with a sniper and York's akimbo pistol set up.

My favorite maps are Standoff, Express, Slum, and Hijacked. I run and gun on these and when I've had a decent connection, I can rack up a lot of kills quickly. Aftermath is a campers paradise as is the Yemen map, and I've had little luck with Plaza for some reason.

The biggest problem with this game for me is the connection issue. I was doing great last night and actually had a couple of matches where I went above 20 kills with fewer than 5 deaths. I even had a couple 10 kill streaks. As is all too common, we would always merge with another lobby or get a new host and my connection would just fuck right off.

I'd see someone running toward and corner and would get in position to ambush them. I knew they didn't see me - they were facing the wrong way - I was behind cover, gun up, and finger on the trigger. I got shot in the head and as I was falling back dead, the guy comes around the corner firing. In the kill camera, I'm just standing there looking out the door.

In express, I came up the elevated walkway and saw a bunch of enemies. Having only pistols equipped, I bailed and ran back down the stairs. I got all the way to the middle landing, took hits, and was killed. On the kill camera, I was still out in the doorway of the elevated landing.

The game can be a lot of fun, but the connection issues are awful. Its probably the last game from them that I'll ever buy.
Have you tried this?
http://youtu.be/9sTbiVMnDdY

Johnson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #198
Mike G.
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 SV650 N

Quote:
Have you tried this?

just tried it, made a big difference
Mike G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #199
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Quote:
Have you tried this?

Yep. It didn't seem to make much, if any difference.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #200
njyork42
!##NULL##!

All that did for me was not allow me to get into any lobbys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement