Adding compression - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Tech Forums > Extreme Performance

Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
Travis V
I dont love OG's cack anymore

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600 - Future Track Bike
Re: Adding compression

Electric turbo charger... what is this world coming too
Travis V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
Kydan
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVanVliet View Post
Electric turbo charger... what is this world coming too
Hahaha!
Seriously
Kydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #43
Stuned
Squid

I know I am putting a little life into a dead thread but I think I have just pissed myself with laughter

Anyone know if Kydan smashed valves, smashed into a tree or turn the 600 motor into a rocket ship and smash into the moon?
Stuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #44
red_bandit
Back Marker

Building a 600 = baaadd idea....you'll need boost, and that's not a fun road to go down, trust me. You really have no idea what you're headed for.(it starts with holed pistons, and ends with picking the rest out of your oil pan)

Then after all the money you dumped into it, you realized you could have just bought a FZ1 or whatever the fuck.

Just buy a second or third bike, like a sane person!
red_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #45
Tim Radley
Engine Tuning God

Motorcycle: I just ride your mom nothing else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydan View Post
Hi, I have an 06 600 that im looking to get the most from within reason.

Im a machinist with access to any type of equipment I'd need, and if I wanted to I could bore the cylinders, deck the head for added compression etc. Im not wanting to go that far right now, but what I am interested in is porting the head(if that even needs to be done) and especially using a thinner gasket for higher compression. What I'd like to know is will using a thinner gasket cause interference between valves/piston/head and require further modification?

Will using a TRE with the added compression lead to detonation or will the ECU be able to retard the timing properly regardless of the compression?

If anyone has any suggestions as to other mods I should do while the engine is apart feel free to educate me, Im new here in the gixxer world.

Thanks!
Take it apart and measure the clearances. Don't waste your time asking on forums as people don't know the answers to these questions.

Porting - good luck. Very easy to loose power. I've tested loads of heads that were modified and made substantially worse than stock from both porting and/or valve job even from big name shops.

Don't chase compression, waste of time.

Detonation on a 600? Never seen it myself.

Fit adjustable cam sprockets and time it up, way way more power in that than compression. Stock timing figures are a bag of wank.
Tim Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement