K8 184hp - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Tech Forums > The Dyno Room

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #41
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Moto_Joe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #42
JSargent52
Possibly infected with Ebola

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudka View Post
Yeah.. that's me all over... you blunt tool.

Ps. I don't count in mph... you know... there is a world beyond your Starbucks, and yeeeehaaa cowboy mentality bs.

The reason gsxr riders get a bad rap is first and foremost the stupidity coming out of the USA on a gixer... spend a few minutes on youtube... you might just see my point.

Look within before you try and give others shit.
There is a world outside of his Starbucks but I think you missed the point. We don't think there is a world outside of your local Starbucks. Add another sticker dyno it again and hopefully you will be at 190hp lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
JSargent52 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Re: K8 184hp

Quote:
But if people drop the BS attitude
Start with yourself. If a dyno told me my 600 had 130-135hp... I'd ask to make the correction factors more realistic. Something's happy.

Quote:
Unfortunate for the rest. Dickheads

Go tell your buddies at starbucks how much them internet guys hurt your butt.

Quote:
Im not interested in calling individuals names. But throw shit my way and expect some back.
Except you're the one who got offended that you're not a special snowflake, and started calling names.

Quote:
I'm new here and having had asked a simple question I received more negative derogatory comments
And all those negative comments would be along the lines of 'No, that's not realistic.' Honest, and useful.

Quote:
I still felt the numbers high. Hence asking the question.
While refusing to accept that YES, THAT IS WAY OPTIMISTIC!

Quote:
At the end of the day, if you cannot constructively take criticism for the way you do things
Again, start with yourself. Just because you want to brag about your bike being super powered, and you paid extra for it, doesn't mean it is.

Quote:
It's been prepped for racing. But prev owner claimed no internal work had been done. Workshop claims it's at the wheel.

Anyways. Thanks for the info. Atleast I know that most of you expect about 20 hp less. So if dyno right then internal work potentially done.
Most race classes that you could get a bike from don't allow much if any internal reworking, so if you were told stock internal, it's stock internal. 20:1 probability the dyno's wrong and there's no internal work, not what you want to think.

Quote:
The reason gsxr riders get a bad rap is first and foremost the stupidity coming out of the USA on a gixer... spend a few minutes on youtube... you might just see my point.
What, that on an AMERICAN SITE, with primarily AMERICAN USERS, about half of the squid videos are American? How about the other half, Caribbean and Eastern European? Kosovo seems to be a big hit in squid vids. That would tell me if anything that western Europe and the Caribbean are disproportionately squidly, since they flood other countries websites.

Time to get the popcorn out. IBTB
Just remember....."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
My avatar was the bike in the dining room for winter work. It never occurred to me it looks like I have a streetfighter...
davidhar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #44
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Also, I love the head movement he makes in that gif above, it's the icing to the cake. :rofl
davidhar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK750- View Post
How much extra hp you get when ram air to it's max? He said they used cold air intake system, but does that compare to ram air at close to 300km/h?

Kawasaki used to tell ram air power, but I can't remember the difference. Anyway, even with ram air effect that sounds a bit optimistic.

I'm guessing they used one of these setups.....very trick.

SPL170db is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #46
oldgixxer
Giving Oldfart01 a Red Sock every nite...

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Yeah.. that's me all over... you blunt tool.

Ps. I don't count in mph... you know... there is a world beyond your Starbucks, and yeeeehaaa cowboy mentality bs.

Look within before you try and give others shit.
Dont know or care what your malfunction is but lets get something straight: you posted and asked a question about a HP number with a given set of mods. Everyone here replied that the dyno reading is not realistic and does not refelect the mods on the bike. You chose to NOT agree with us and got all butthurt. Everyone here but you knows damn well that you will not get 184rwhp with a pipe and powercommander yet you still defend the number.
Anybody with half a brain and a few years of bike experience is smart enough to know the 184rwhp number is bullshit,yet you want to argue about it.
Please do us all a favor and go over to gsxr.com with your bullshit
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
wudka
Squid

Ah. Love how the same tools just keep trying.

What's this problem you Yankee Boys have with your cousins over at the gix site?

Some more butt love gone wrong?
wudka is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
oldgixxer
Giving Oldfart01 a Red Sock every nite...

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Piss off wanker,hows that sound limey?
oldgixxer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in