A MUST READ!!!! "The Pace" - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 04-05 GSX-R600/750

Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #21
DYERSEVE421
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX 600R
Re: A MUST READ!!!! "The Pace"

If only more people read and followed this post, there would be more riders on the road. Thanks for the post.
DYERSEVE421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #22
Legacy808
Novice

Motorcycle: K5 GSXR 750

Im a fairly new rider, and its great to know that riding a sports bike isnt only about getting to the finish first, or going balls out in the straights. Ill definitely keep this in mind next time im on the road. GREAT article. Thank you for posting.
Legacy808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #23
WyldRyd
Squid

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600 Full Yosh Exhaust, K&N Filter

I wish more people would follow this! We get a bad name on the streets for the people who ride opposite of this!
Very Good Read
WyldRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #24
Breezi
Squid

This is an awesome article, really puts into perspective how street riding should be. Have heard many stories of 120+ MPH riding on the street, not sure where this is happening but know the roads and cops of the US that does not sound like a real good idea. The one thing the is forgotten is the new rider, who will more than likely feel the pressure to ride beyond their means and end up donating their DNA to the ground or donating their hard earned cash to the police or insurance agency. This article is just what I needed to keep my focus on the road, the race track maybe different but for now I want to thank the author for taking the time to write something that just makes sense.
Breezi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #25
Black rgv 250
Novice

Motorcycle: RGV 250 '94, GSXR 600 K5

A great read.

Most days when out on the weekend just going for a cruze enjoying riding and not thinking the road is a racetrack I still encounter many who believe the road is a racetrack.

More people should read this passage.. might bring them back to reality
Black rgv 250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #26
600cms
Squid

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-600 K4 (cms)

Hi,

I just wanted to include myself in the group of guys who think this is a fantastic read & piece of advice!

Not sure if any of you will have read my other posts, but i'm new to this (again)...
I have not had a bike for around 4 years, after a bad accident involving a car which pulled out in front of me, and me ending up with barbed wire around my neck... hanging on a fence.

Although this acident involved a car pulling out in front of me, I was probably going too fast & was probably not in 'the pace' mindset.

Excelent article, and I will deff be trying to adopt this method of riding with friends!
600cms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #27
adsclub
Squid

Salute...! Street hoons should read this.
adsclub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #28
B3RN3R
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K4 600

wow this is an amazing article, its very good... juss makes me sad where i live, theres no curves anywhere so my pace is always stuck in traffic and juss trying to stay alive... man i need to get out to the country n find some nice roads with some curves!!!
B3RN3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #29
Hanaho808
Squid

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 750

Best advice, Really appreciate it
Hanaho808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #30
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Motorcycle: GS750TZ, GSX-R750Y (Gone)

Very good read, especially about being a good leader and a good follower. There are many types of personalities who ride bikes. This article points out the different traits but is not directed at a specific person.

Evaluating oneself can be a great part of maturing as a rider...actually realizing what traits are possessed is also good.

Ed
GSXR7ED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
theycallmedalgo
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R 1000, k6 motor, voodoo slip (i know), pwr cmndr, hids, lowered

Push it to the limits on the street, race anything fast you see, and most importantly FTP!
theycallmedalgo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
Cassidy
Rookie

Motorcycle: K9 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedalgo View Post
Push it to the limits on the street, race anything fast you see, and most importantly FTP!
, reread the thread please!
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #33
13thangle
Squid

Motorcycle: 04 Lucky stripe 750

Reading this had me in my mind cruising my favorite back-roads, with very puckering. Anybody who's still riding with a passion( & a few road cherries) years later knows the Art of cornering is what Sport bike riding is about and this article sums it up perfectly. The Public road's can be enjoyed safely while sacrificing very little with " The Pace".

p.s I'm still guilty of cracking that throttle every Blue moon though.... love hearing that 750 engine spin up too much to completely abandon it....
13thangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #34
ufgator09
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 08 GSXR 750

never knew the outside tire lane of a car is the cleanest when the corner is dirty. Great read!
ufgator09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #35
gixered
Squid

Motorcycle: 2004 gsxr 750

Good stuff to read..I think most rider with big cc's bikes on the streets are guilty of cracking that throttle open but you gotta control yourself on public streets its not a track to wild out on. Just the other day if I was riding hard I would of wiped out on a dead deer splattered on the road in a turn but I was able to manuver myself around that.
gixered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in