accident on the gsxr - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #41
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Re: accident on the gsxr

Having followed your story since your joining this forum, I think you need to step back and evaluate what you want out of this.

You've failed the licensing test, what now, 8 times? It may be extremely difficult, but cmon, 8 times? You've had 2 accidents now as well, correct? You're not even licensed, yet you are spending time on a rare, once beautiful bike that you are not even licensed to ride to fix it up after it was pristine before you.

I think I can speak for a few people and say that, well, maybe you should come stateside before you pick up riding a sportbike at least. Get a scooter, maybe that will be easier to accomplish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I would strongly suggest wearing a pair of pants that has no bottoms in the pockets. This way, you can scratch your nuts in church while still appearing to be a classy guy.
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #42
chief2001
Novice

Motorcycle: 1987 GSXR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook155 View Post
Having followed your story since your joining this forum, I think you need to step back and evaluate what you want out of this.

You've failed the licensing test, what now, 8 times? It may be extremely difficult, but cmon, 8 times? You've had 2 accidents now as well, correct? You're not even licensed, yet you are spending time on a rare, once beautiful bike that you are not even licensed to ride to fix it up after it was pristine before you.

I think I can speak for a few people and say that, well, maybe you should come stateside before you pick up riding a sportbike at least. Get a scooter, maybe that will be easier to accomplish.
Fully appreciate your reply, and as for the exam, I have actually talked with everyone else who has passed (went to driving school or converted their license from their country), have watched me ride, have seen me (showing them how I do my test?) and they see no fault and from everyone I have talked to we finally came to the conclusion they are singling me out for not having gone to a driving school and being foreinger (Japan is racist and people don't realize that until they live here I've dealt with my share of it). Aside from that is extremely common situation here in Japan being failed for not going to a school, where the person checking you do the test who are former police, purposely fail you to make you go to a school....which they also work at..... Japan runs the license center as a business not a learning facility I wont go more into detail but please understand Japan is just all about procedure and steps not if you can actually do the test or not. I "skipped" the school in Japan so they see me as not conforming to the steps. I can accept 2 of the fails. Locking up the rear wheel is a no no. I wont comment on the accident or try to defend them, they have happened, thankfully not my fault but they happened. because of the accident ironically, having the bike restored to better then when I got it.

I am licensed in the US and had gotten my international permit unbeknown to me, that it wasnt legal cause of a unclear law. Took MSF as well and practiced a lot even afterward here on my bike. I know I can ride my motorcycle and pass that test, but I cant make them pass me so I just keep going back and doing the same each time "correcting" what tiny things they tell me I did wrong. Im going to pay to take a, I guess its like a "practice exam?", at a driving school instead of paying the $3,000 they charge for the driving school which is only apparently $130 should I not pass it again. I wanna see if I am really TRULY making mistakes during my exam, because when you know you passed the test and they give you a small reason, I qoute "SLIGHTLY too far from the curb and my signal light too early??" for not passing, its like a red flag waving. Im actually more scared of scooters.
chief2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #43
kevin.g
Club Racer

Motorcycle: K6 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief2001 View Post
Im actually more scared of scooters.
+1 no power to escape
kevin.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #44
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Keep us updated as you take the test again, I do hope you can get licensed and your luck clears up
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook155 View Post
Keep us updated as you take the test again, I do hope you can get licensed and your luck clears up
8th time not the charm. Even the person giving the test said I rode well. Basically he wants me to pass, I could tell. Told me focus on my signal lights and pass the panic stop section on the FIRST time and I should be ok. Everyone watching me and my friend recording were surprised I failed but my friend not TOO surprised because its common practice to be failed 10+ times. They do this to discourage people from not going to school. Anyways here is my video. Its a long course. this is one of two possible courses they give you. This is the hardest one. Basic run down

1: do not go out the green/white line = fail
2: foot down = fail
3: lock up the wheels = fail
4: stop on the stop line = fail
5: touch a cone = fail
6: go more than 8 seconds in the slalom = fail
7: go too far in the panic stop = fail
8: dont use the rear brake during the panic stop = fail
9: fall of the balance beam = fail
10: less than 7seconds on the balance beam = fail

the rest is up to the person watching you to take off points. Anyways here is the video of my 8th time. going to go again soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by chief2001; 12-09-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: forgot number 10
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #46
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

I didn't watch the whole video, but you would laugh at the test I took in NJ back in the day. I think it lasted 30 seconds.
Ironhead401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #47
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
I didn't watch the whole video, but you would laugh at the test I took in NJ back in the day. I think it lasted 30 seconds.
Well, once you pass this test, your allowed to take the next test fir bikes 400cc and up. 4 types of license. Im taking the third 125-400cc license. The last license is the most difficult and the one people either give up on or try 15+ times if the attempt it with no school. Biggest class is the strictest and has more rules. HAHAHA
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #48
TeflonTrout
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650

You are an incredibly patient person. I'm impressed. Keep it up, eventually you'll do the test perfectly and they won't be able to fail you.

And then you can get a trials bike and really wow us.
TeflonTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #49
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonTrout View Post
You are an incredibly patient person. I'm impressed. Keep it up, eventually you'll do the test perfectly and they won't be able to fail you.

And then you can get a trials bike and really wow us.
If you want a bike license and you dont want to pay 3000 bucks for riding school, you'll need patience although its not unheard of for very lucky people to pass the first try. But very rare unless you take the riding school. But why pay when you already can ride. I just need to learn the little rules for passing, those you learn in the school but im learning them kind of as I go although I have been able to get input from people who have watched me and each time I have gotten better. I might be willing to bet money Ill pass this next time.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #50
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Just food for thought but you are in their country, you wont play by their rules and you are a Gaijin. Maybe no matter how well you do on the test, you will just never pass until you do it their way. Add to this, you have had multiple accidents on your bike already and have failed the test 8 times. These are your words

"Japan is racist and people don't realize that until they live here I've dealt with my share of it. Aside from that is extremely common situation here in Japan being failed for not going to a school, where the person checking you do the test who are former police, purposely fail you to make you go to a school....which they also work at..... Japan runs the license center as a business not a learning facility I wont go more into detail but please understand Japan is just all about procedure and steps not if you can actually do the test or not. I "skipped" the school in Japan so they see me as not conforming to the steps."

Download your free service manual- http://www.servicemanualsgsxr.com/
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #51
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
Just food for thought but you are in their country, you wont play by their rules and you are a Gaijin. Maybe no matter how well you do on the test, you will just never pass until you do it their way. Add to this, you have had multiple accidents on your bike already and have failed the test 8 times. These are your words

"Japan is racist and people don't realize that until they live here I've dealt with my share of it. Aside from that is extremely common situation here in Japan being failed for not going to a school, where the person checking you do the test who are former police, purposely fail you to make you go to a school....which they also work at..... Japan runs the license center as a business not a learning facility I wont go more into detail but please understand Japan is just all about procedure and steps not if you can actually do the test or not. I "skipped" the school in Japan so they see me as not conforming to the steps."
Maybe so, but doesnt mean i wont pass, otherwise others like me, even Japanese people wouldn't be able to eventually get their license. Also, was looked into my second one doesnt go on record because police dont record fender benders. So only one. ive quit riding my bike until i get my japanese license though. Not worth the risk.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #52
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
you are a Gaijin.
Someone watched Tokyo Drift
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #53
chief2001
Novice

updating again, 9th time was the charm. I reviewed my video and corrected small things I saw I was doing wrong, but made sure to work on turn signals as I had that come up for mistakes more than once before. Passed it. But now I must wait until Jan 8th to take a motorcycle class to show the prefecture that I know the rules of the road, basically its a sit around and BS class gotta pay about 140 bucks for that plus 25 bucks for the new license. but in the end, im still saving a ton of money as compared to going to the riding school so Im happy. Now to see how my whole ordeal works out after I get the license. I have been lucky so far that I was able to get the date pushed to next year since they have holidays. I will get my license a day before I need to go. haha Heres hoping its just as hard to get penalized as it was to get the license.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #54
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Congrates !
coopgt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #55
kevin.g
Club Racer

that is some bullshit they put you through just to get a license.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #56
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

I'm really glad you passed =]
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
chief2001
Novice

Thanks guys, and yeah its a bunch of crap they make you go through. only one other person there from the group of 12 that day passed. He was doing the test for SCOOTERS!!!!! and finally passed on his 8th time!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #58
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Japanese aren't racist. They are tired of the US and it's service doing what the fuck ever the think they can and causing problems.
Mr. Fluffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #59
kevin.g
Club Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
Japanese aren't racist. They are tired of the US and it's service doing what the fuck ever the think they can and causing problems.
I think every military town is
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #60
cole40
Squid

I have to disagree. I live on a military base and being Army all of my soldiers in my platoon are on best behavior and DO NOT act like they can do whatever they want ANY of the time. Were trained better then that. I don't know what branch base you are speaking about but its for sure not ours.

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle.com Free App
cole40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement