K8 184hp - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Tech Forums > The Dyno Room

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #21
wudka
Squid

Re: K8 184hp

Anyways,

Back on track. I'm not a racer, and not the best rider out there. Doing the rider schools to get better feedback, and training to be a better rider. Not comparing myself to anyone else. But it always prompts the thought. And thats what forums are for.

Lots of variables, and lots of opinions. I have never raced, and I have only ever ridden at a pace that is "fast" for me, slow for others, and insane to some others again... on the road.

Apologies if discussion offends people here... appears to

I'll see if there is a point to post my results from my virgin track day... they might not be worthy But if people drop the BS attitude, and some seem interested, I might bother.

Moderators, delete the post and my account if I'm to abrupt for the likes of this place
wudka is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #22
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sucks View Post
you have no idea, i was at autoclub speedway last month and you would not believe the number of guys on 1000's sand bagging on the long ass front straight and not realizing it. i would use all my gearing there.
please say it was with an SV...
MacBayne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
oldgixxer
Giving Oldfart01 a Red Sock every nite...

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudka View Post
All I CAN say is when I swapped with a mate, S1000RR for a short ride.. engine alone, my bike had a far stronger bottom end. BUt then its not apples for apples, as my gearing has been modified..
Ive ridden a friends S1k,they have NO low end or midrange power&dont start to make steam until 10k rpm. The 05-08 GSXR's have a huge advantage in those rpms ranges but once the S1k hits 11k its a monster. Add to that your gearing change and it would "feel" significantly faster then your friends BMW.

To achieve a legit 184rwhp on your bike you would need cams,headwork and some compression as a pipe&tune simply will not do it.

We dont delete accounts here so you are stuck with us
oldgixxer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #24
-JK750-
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 01 GSX-R 750

How much extra hp you get when ram air to it's max? He said they used cold air intake system, but does that compare to ram air at close to 300km/h?

Kawasaki used to tell ram air power, but I can't remember the difference. Anyway, even with ram air effect that sounds a bit optimistic.
-JK750- is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #25
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Too much wodka my friend. In soviet russia dyno operate YOU!
Knight2211 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #26
Knight2211
Unstable SuperMod

Motorcycle: 92 GSX-R 750R Liquid

Quote:
Moderators, delete the post and my account if I'm to abrupt for the likes of this place

I'm thinking it was the other way around.
Knight2211 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
JSargent52
Possibly infected with Ebola

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition
Guys he forgot to mention he added a ton of stickers on his bike to get the 184rhp. We all know each one is good for a few extra hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
JSargent52 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

Quote:
Sorry GOD!

I asked opinions, and I dont have to agree with people's opinion. What I wanted to hear was to see what others were getting, and when I read through this forum, the range for a 1000 GSXR appears to be between 160-180HP....

So who is right and who is wrong.

All I CAN say is when I swapped with a mate, S1000RR for a short ride.. engine alone, my bike had a far stronger bottom end. BUt then its not apples for apples, as my gearing has been modified..

Just a discussion. No need to get upset that your word isnt gospel bud

My word is fact.. Much more reliable than gospel..
njyork42 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Tater Tot Wee Woo
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Another one? WTF is up with crazy dyno numbers lately lol
My 600 is totally pushing 153 rwhp...
Tater Tot Wee Woo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #30
Crashing Sucks
whiter than whole milk...

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R 1000 (Steet Whore) 2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (Race Only) K3 Honda RC51 SP2 (Heavywieght Torque Demon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
please say it was with an SV...
nah, that would just be ridiculous, this was on the 636r
Crashing Sucks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sucks View Post
nah, that would just be ridiculous, this was on the 636r
not too much of a stretch though. lotta guys out there with shitty drives out of corners and short shifters.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #32
wudka
Squid

I now see the reason that gsxr riders are so commonly thrown into a bucket...

Pity that my purchase puts me into the same garbage heap.

Yes.. just like all of you I put on stickers... impress my bfs with wheelies... wear singlet and shorts... and talk shit on the public forum.

Thanks for the one or two genuine and what could be deemed intelligent responses:-)

Unfortunate for the rest. Dickheads
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #33
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000
http://www.gsxr.com

They are more your style.
dylanjacobus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #34
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

Where did you see any of us promote anti-gear or wheelies? You are just butthurt.. Get over it or Noone is making you stay on this forum.
njyork42 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #35
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Quote:

Yes.. just like all of you I put on stickers... impress my bfs with wheelies... wear singlet and shorts... and talk shit on the public forum.

Thanks for the one or two genuine and what could be deemed intelligent responses:-)

YOU are the one throwing up imaginary dyno numbers and acting like a douche. welcome to the most track-oriented bike model forum on the web.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #36
oldgixxer
Giving Oldfart01 a Red Sock every nite...

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:

The reason GSXR owners get a bad rap is because of cluless riders such as yourself,you know they type..the dude who puts a pipe&PC on his 1000 and magically has 25hp more then stock,will run 8s in the 1/4 and top out at 210mph all while standing looking at his bike at Starbucks bragging to his friends or to people who actually know youre full of shit. So yeah,thanks for making us GSXR riders look bad
oldgixxer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #37
wudka
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
YOU are the one throwing up imaginary dyno numbers and acting like a douche. welcome to the most track-oriented bike model forum on the web.
The douche is you buddy. Im not interested in calling individuals names. But throw shit my way and expect some back.
Before you claim any prowess... earn it.

I'm new here and having had asked a simple question I received more negative derogatory comments than anything usefull or positive. So thus for this is one poor form forum... but I'm sure amongst the garbage there will be some normal people here too.

The workshop responsible for the tuning and print out is one well known here for setting up bikes for those who race... even with their good reputation I still felt the numbers high. Hence asking the question.

The imaginary bs is you guys talking shite when you definitely could go about it differently.

At the end of the day, if you cannot constructively take criticism for the way you do things on here... well.. you'll eventually become a forum for a few members that share the same low common denominator. Or maybe not. It is cool to be a dumb Fk these days... especially in the ;-)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #38
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
I just re read the thread. It was not until you got butthurrt that the thread went downhill.

Simply put you refuse to accept the answer to the question you asked and keep defending it.

Your bike is not making 184rwhp.
It might be making 184 projected crank HP . But unless this shop went into the motor and did some major mods either you, your buddy, or the shop, or all three are delusional
Moto_Joe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #39
wudka
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
I just re read the thread. It was not until you got butthurrt that the thread went downhill.

Simply put you refuse to accept the answer to the question you asked and keep defending it.

Your bike is not making 184rwhp.
It might be making 184 projected crank HP . But unless this shop went into the motor and did some major mods either you, your buddy, or the shop, or all three are delusional
Butthurt?? Didn't realize I was dealing with faggots to have to watch my arse?

See... that's the type of dumb fck shit I'm talking about.

I don't accept the manner in which replies were posted.

As I said. I did not buy it new... so do not know what has been done apart from the visually obvious.

It's been prepped for racing. But prev owner claimed no internal work had been done.
Workshop claims it's at the wheel.

Anyways. Thanks for the info. Atleast I know that most of you expect about 20 hp less.
So if dyno right then internal work potentially done.

I'll leave you all to looking for someone who enjoys being "butt raped".. good luck with that
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #40
wudka
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
The reason GSXR owners get a bad rap is because of cluless riders such as yourself,you know they type..the dude who puts a pipe&PC on his 1000 and magically has 25hp more then stock,will run 8s in the 1/4 and top out at 210mph all while standing looking at his bike at Starbucks bragging to his friends or to people who actually know youre full of shit. So yeah,thanks for making us GSXR riders look bad
Yeah.. that's me all over... you blunt tool.

Ps. I don't count in mph... you know... there is a world beyond your Starbucks, and yeeeehaaa cowboy mentality bs.

The reason gsxr riders get a bad rap is first and foremost the stupidity coming out of the USA on a gixer... spend a few minutes on youtube... you might just see my point.

Look within before you try and give others shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in