Hey guys I'm new here!!! Looking for Boots!! - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk > Riding Gear/Apparel

Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Hell.if I remember lol. It was a test I did.
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #22
hardcorebee24
Squid

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR-750
Re: Hey guys I'm new here!!! Looking for Boots!!

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I'll definitely take them all into consideration.
hardcorebee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
SpeederT
Loves Grammas Gum Jobs

Motorcycle: FACK, I sold my supermoto.

Dainese is the way to go if wanting a boot to go over jeans, can also look in some gear from Gerbings to help keep your feet warm.
SpeederT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
ExpatJohnny
Back Marker

Just my .02 here....
The Alpinestars SMX-5 Perf and Non-Perf have been the most comfortable commuting boots I've ever worn. They took a little bit to break in, but now I wear them to the office, walk around all day in them, and wear them home just fine!

Good Luck!
ExpatJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
COMEBACK
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: K5 & 07 750 race bikes and 08 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
I don't buy them to walk at the park with.
I have very average feet.
If you are talking door bed... add inserts
On the bike the a stars hem me up too much. Hard to feel pegs. Hard to feel controls. They have too much ankle bracing where manipulating foot position causes pressure points and pinches.

They are more like braces for sprained ankles than boots designed to ride in.
Yes, some might have personal preferences on how Supertechs are on the bike, which after all is the most important part and agree they can feel a bit bulky, but as far as comfort goes I can't see another boot that betters them with the same level of protection. For street use and longer trackdays were you keep your boots on for longer periods they are awesome to me.

....and yes, the A* gloves is not very impressive
COMEBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #26
wetmoney
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R600 (K6)

Hey man. check out the Cortech Latigos
great price 150.00
they make a waterproof version as well. 160.00
its more of an entry level race boot.. but it offers great protection for the price.
i have these as well.
comfy to wear all day, no complaints at all. Offers better protection than the A* SMX 5 plus. the ankle support is awesome for this price range. most boots in this price bracket dont offer any type of support as the Latigos.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1354634403

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorebee24 View Post
Hi all,

I ride a K6 750 and I'm looking for a pair of solid winter boots. I'm not a track guy, strictly road guy and I'd like something that will keep me warm that I can also get off the bike and walk around in if need be. I was looking at the Dainese NightHawks and Alpinestars CR4 XCR. Unfortunately where I live bike shops have stopped carrying apparel inventory. Tell me your thoughts on these boots and your suggestions on any other boots that may fit my criteria.

Greatly Appreciated,

HCB24
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cortech.jpg (28.0 KB, 51 views)
wetmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #27
RidersDiscount
Official Platinum Sponsor

OP: Everyone has different feet so hard to narrow down which option to go with. We have had an excellent response to the Supertech R's as one of the most comfortable race boots out there, the SMX-5 and SMX Plus have also done well. The Latigo boot is a great entry level boot for the money, we do offer a non-perforated version if interested. We have a few specials right now, one also being the Gaerne GP1 boot. Some links below if interested, so you know we also have a no-hassle exchange policy.

Latigo Boot

Gaerne GP1

Visit our website at Riders Discount
Ask me about our specials!

Call Brad toll free at 866.931.6644 ext 810 OR his direct line at 616-965-2026
RidersDiscount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #28
Rinzlr
Back Marker

SMX Plus Vented, i've worn mine to the mall before, super comfy

/thread

also when mine broke alpine sent me a brand new pair. I had put 4k miles on them, crashed them twice and wore thru the soles and they still warrantied them and sent me a new pair. i'll buy alpinestars for life with a warranty like that
Rinzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement