Engine condensation : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 01-03 600 and 00-03 750

Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
jonchadwick
Novice

Motorcycle: GSX-R 600 K3
Engine condensation

Been suffering with engine condensation for a while now. Can clearly see it fog up the oil level check. I have done regular oil changes and changed the oil filter, oil always looks in good for used condition. When i cleaned the air filter last week i noticed the cranck breather filter was covered completly in white crap, ive cleaned filter and hoses out and put back.

I no ive caused the problem myself with short rides, but i do always warm my bike up properly and 9/10 times to a good running temp. I do go out for longer rides weekly but since getting the condensation in there its proved impossible for me to completly remove

Any1 got any tips/ideas to try or know of any products which will clear this up and where i can get them from.
jonchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
jonchadwick
Novice

Re: Engine condensation

and could this cause problems with starting? since its got cold it sometimes take 2 goes to start, ive just put it down the freezing temps and maybe weakish battery from immboliser.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
dan uk
Club Racer

Motorcycle: i hate bikes
Sounds like head gasket

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App
dan uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Wogger
Douche Nozzle

Motorcycle: 09 GSX-R 600, 09 DR-Z434SM, 82 CB750F, 05 CRF50F

How long does it take for the oil to go milky? I would not ride the bike untill fixed, water is not a good lubricant.
Wogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Bagherra
He Who Touches Himself

Motorcycle: 2K2 GSXR750 Y&B, 2006 GSXR1000 R&B

i agree with dan, sounds like head gasket...
Bagherra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
jonchadwick
Novice

yeah i thought that too. been checking coolant level every other day there abouts and hasnt changed in months since last change. Oil hasnt came out milky in last 2 changes since condensation started. have had leaking head gaskets before so do know what im looking for with that side of things.
and trust me i wouldnt be riding if i fort there was not proper lubication in engine, hence extra oil changes as dont want condensation to cause any problems (dunno if it does?) but fort the extra changes wouldnt hurt anyway
Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
2007gsxr600
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: L1 750

not too familiar with these year bikes, but what fuel are you running in the bike??

some small corner gas station or a know bp hess sunoco shell brand??

thinking it could possibly be from the meth mixture in the fuel your getting the unburnt

gasses that get put back into to engine might be causing this problem.... maybe... not to

sure how the engine set up is on these bikes..... on the newer ones im a bit more

familiar.... let me know if this helps or if I'm way off with the idea...check egr valve...
2007gsxr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
jonchadwick
Novice

im running just standard unleaded, and i do normally use local garage think it use to be an esso but is part of a bristol street motors dealership. do you reckon its worth switching to the morrison as its only round the corner and to start using supreme?
would this really be the cause condensation?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
2007gsxr600
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: L1 750

im just thinking that might be something worth trying seeing as most fuel is now mixed with 10% methanol and might be a problem with certain lower grade fuels not being done right.... my suggestion should you chose to try it would be to change to higher octane fuel and use a more better know fuel supplier such as exxon bp hess sunoco etc. that local mom and pop place might not have a decent grade of fuel....

also check out the smog (erg) pull it off and clean as best as possible then try and using the fuel as stated and then see if the problem persists....worth a try and not expensive other than the higher price for the fuel....

try it out and see what you get hope this will solve your problem.... assuming the head gasket isnt shot....

question for you where you from and what kind of coolant you run in the bike??

http://www.absolutecycle.com

http://tstindustries.com/home.php?cat=
2007gsxr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
Mnbluepits
Novice

Motorcycle: 93 gsxr 600

Buddy of mine had same issue on his cbr i ran 4 tanks of race fuel and it clean it up.. not sure if it will help u but it might.
Mnbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
dan uk
Club Racer

Actually i read your original post properly.

Short runs, just warming the bike up and then off again etc is asking for condensation.

Take it for a good run, should be nice and cleared up after that. Don't do short runs and brief warm ups i'd say it's definitely causing your troubles.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
K6trackday
Back Marker

Condensation isnt rare when cold. I remember when people started putting clear clutch covers on their TLRs and were freaking out because the window would be fogged up when the bike was cold. Getting it up to temperature will get rid of it.

If the oil isnt milky you dont have anything to really worry about.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-...cover-fog.html

That link should set your mind at ease.

Last edited by K6trackday; 12-02-2012 at 08:00 AM.
K6trackday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
jonchadwick
Novice

i live in england and i cant remember which coolant i used now, was done in my mates garage and i no he wouldnt put no crap stuff in. i no it was a 50/50 mix and we did do entire flush when i changed it last.
and yeah i have noticed on the longer rides i do when commuting and out for fun that it does normally clear up on the glass but not always?? and when i seen the cranck filter covered in so much crap it did worry me.

so its just a case of cutting out the short rides mainly? what temp would you reckon its worth warming up to on these extra cold monrings before riding..

cheers for all your advice. hopefully weather gets better next few days so can get out for a few good rides and get her hot!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
dan uk
Club Racer

Weather's not getting any better mate, bloody freezing for us UK rides. For ride outs and meets use tankslap.co.uk
Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
jonchadwick
Novice

ha yeah your right there. at least there wasnt any frost on the ground this morning when i got up. cheers mate will check it out.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
avgas24
Squid

Motorcycle: 01 gsxr750, 06 CRF 450

I had a co worker that had a harley, and he rode 5 miles each way. when he took the oil cap off, it was covered in white milky stuff. And he never took it anywhere else. I actually get that on the crank case breather tube in the winter, and i ride 32 miles each way to work. Just take the bike out and ride it for longer times, you'll be fine. The coolant temp rarely gets over 145 to 160f in the winter.
avgas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
stevo1964
Squid

Motorcycle: 2000 GsxR 750
Smile Re: Engine condensation

Hi, just brouhgt a 2000 750 and had cloudy window when purchased. Gave it a good run (using plenty of revs) for a couple of hours and it cleared up and has not happened since. Ride it in higher revs for short rides maybe?
stevo1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Chugs
Lets go racing!

Just don't start the bike for a few minutes and shut it off or you'll get condensation. If you start it up might as well go ride and you won't get any condensation.
Chugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement