Seriously, you dont need expensive tires on the street - Page 13 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #241
Thrusterboost
Club Racer

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000
Re: Seriously, you dont need expensive tires on the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Just get whichever ones you like the color of the best

There should be an optical trick here because the gray on the right looks much bigger than the black on the left.
Thrusterboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #242
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

LOL sarcasm!

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.
QRYPTYQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #243
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

There is more to a tire than the carbon content.

Underlying plies make a HUGE difference in the way a tire reacts. Dunlop uses a much stiffer carcass than Pirelli or Michelin. The amount, material and method of laying belts determines what a tire does.
Pee Wee Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #244
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRYPTYQ View Post
I was brand loyal for several years Dunlop was my choice...but I came to the conclusion that rubber comes from trees and all carbon properties are the same so what you need to look for now a days is how much http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_black is in the tire center, mid, edge. This will equate to mileage, speed, & lean...PEACE!
You are so fucking tire stupid it's painful.
1. High carbon black = high hysteresis compound. Not good.
2. Only natural rubber is from Malaysian/Indonesian rubber trees - performance tires (car or motorcycle) are mostly SBR and BR. The glass transition temperature of the polymers used will override silica content, carbon black amount and type, and cure system if chosen poorly.
3. The Silica-silane system is more important than the CB, because CB does not allow for the physical properties desired in high performance pavement tires.
4. "All carbon properties are the same" WTF? Try some ASTM grade N120 against some N650 or N774 carbon black. Nothing alike.
5. Carbon black properties are bnot alike between the various rubber grades, but everyone uses the same set of CB suppliers - Cabot, Sid Rich, etc. No one makes their own carbon black for their own rubber.
6. Brand loyal, eh?
Quote:
Brand loyalty = brain washed!

EDIT: This is only pointing out your stupidity relating to rubber compound, not even counting construction, profile, etc.
Just remember....."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
My avatar was the bike in the dining room for winter work. It never occurred to me it looks like I have a streetfighter...
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #245
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

But if I don't have expensive tires..then how will the people at Starbuck's know that I shred?
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #246
86GSXR7502012
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: '86 GSXR 750
Just pop on a duc sticker. They will think you're a god. They wont even notice the Suzuki stickers on it.

:screwy:
86GSXR7502012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #247
Bagherra
He Who Touches Himself

Motorcycle: 2K2 GSXR750 Y&B, 2006 GSXR1000 R&B

Quote:
I was brand loyal for several years Dunlop was my choice...but I came to the conclusion that rubber comes from trees and all carbon properties are the same so what you need to look for now a days is how much http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_black is in the tire center, mid, edge. This will equate to mileage, speed, & lean...PEACE!

wow....
Bagherra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #248
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
You are so fucking tire stupid it's painful.
1. High carbon black = high hysteresis compound. Not good.
2. Only natural rubber is from Malaysian/Indonesian rubber trees - performance tires (car or motorcycle) are mostly SBR and BR. The glass transition temperature of the polymers used will override silica content, carbon black amount and type, and cure system if chosen poorly.
3. The Silica-silane system is more important than the CB, because CB does not allow for the physical properties desired in high performance pavement tires.
4. "All carbon properties are the same" WTF? Try some ASTM grade N120 against some N650 or N774 carbon black. Nothing alike.
5. Carbon black properties are bnot alike between the various rubber grades, but everyone uses the same set of CB suppliers - Cabot, Sid Rich, etc. No one makes their own carbon black for their own rubber.
6. Brand loyal, eh?

EDIT: This is only pointing out your stupidity relating to rubber compound, not even counting construction, profile, etc.
LOL I knew this would go this way I was being Sarcastic because its a Questionable thread to begin with and I'm bored. Are you questioning why I was brand loyal? did you not get that to begin with Wow you can read and follow me around like a puppy Oh and your superior to me too. I didn't mention profile or construction! I posted the fucking link to carbon black dumb ass! Here's another one for you since you like following me around http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_manufacturing. here's another http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire read it all up spit it all out you Tool! BTW you couldn't explain profile or construction eh!

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #249
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
I didn't mention profile or construction! I posted the fucking link to carbon black dumb ass! I've been riding supersports for 20 yrs and other motorcycles since I was 12 Thats over 27 years of experience since before you where born Asshat! BTW you couldn't explain profile or construction eh!
Troll - or just retarded?

You said sportbike tires use natural rubber - they do not.
You said all carbon black is the same - it is not.
You said all that matters is "carbon content" because it "will equate to mileage, speed, & lean". None of which is true or accurate.
Drop all the worthless wikipedia links you want, you're still clueless and retarded. If you'd like I could discuss tire construction and/or profile, but that wasn't my engineering specialty with Goodyear. Rubber compounding was - but I still had some cross training for curing, constructions, sipe designs, etc.
How long you've been a squid going from parking lot to parking lot trying to show off only says how pathetic you are.

And you edited the original one to claim sarcasm. I genuinely hope you are just a clueless troll, and not really this stupid.
Just remember....."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
My avatar was the bike in the dining room for winter work. It never occurred to me it looks like I have a streetfighter...
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #250
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Unless you are doing it knowingly to affect geometry, etc, there is no point. At all. Unless you already understand what it will help and what it will hurt, don't do it.
apparently most of your post do not give good advice other than you trying to display your brains for all to see for some reason most of your post are similar...News flash Goodyear dosn't make high performance motorcycle tires...SQUID!

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #251
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

You have a problem with me son! you need to back the fuck off! Apparently you cant read! and I can edit any fucking post I post! http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fe...michelin_tire/ http://www.usstuff.com/mototire.htm BTW you started trolling me ASS HOLE!

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #252
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

I think your mom dropped you on your head. Sarcasm! What did you not get. !
Quote:
Troll - or just retarded?

You said sportbike tires use natural rubber - they do not.
You said all carbon black is the same - it is not.
You said all that matters is "carbon content" because it "will equate to mileage, speed, & lean". None of which is true or accurate.
Drop all the worthless wikipedia links you want, you're still clueless and retarded. If you'd like I could discuss tire construction and/or profile, but that wasn't my engineering specialty with LOL Goodyear. Rubber compounding was - but I still had some cross training for curing, constructions, sipe designs, etc.
How long (Me just take a look @ your avatar) been a squid going from parking lot to parking lot trying to show off only says how pathetic you are.

And you edited the original one to claim sarcasm. I genuinely hope you are just a clueless troll, and not really this stupid.

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #253
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

Quote:
you need to stop!
Heed your own advice...

Put down the keyboard and take a breather. You already look retarded, why make it worse?

Orrrr, keep being retarded because it's funny to read
Minibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #254
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

I am retarded! I like to BS but its so fun for me too lol & I'm really piss drunk thats why I keep editing LMFAO the weather sucks here and there's nothing better to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibull View Post
Heed your own advice...

Put down the keyboard and take a breather. You already look retarded, why make it worse?

Orrrr, keep being retarded because it's funny to read

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #255
Kent Brockman
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: '06 750 track bike, '05 Yamaha FZ1, '02 XR400.

Nice....digging up old threads.
Kent Brockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #256
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

[QUOTE=Kent Brockman;5824511]

Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #257
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

[quote=QRYPTYQ;5824514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman View Post

Is this purposful trolling worth a ban?
Minibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #258
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

[quote=Minibull;5824520]
Quote:

Is this purposful trolling worth a ban?
I would hope so this fucking site sucks big time I've been trying to find a way to cancel my account and apparently there's no other fucking way Jack ass

Last edited by QRYPTYQ; 11-30-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #259
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules as most of the assholes on here forgot
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #260
QRYPTYQ
!##NULL##!

LOL I dont even own a Sosuky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement