Uclear or Chatterbox : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk > Appearance Products

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Jonesie26
Novice

Uclear or Chatterbox

Anyone ever heard of or used a Bluetooth kit called Uclear? How does it stack up against the chatterbox. Thats the one I'm thinking about getting. I need it for music mainly. I'm on bike not to concerned with taking phone calls. I just like to hear something other than engine noise on long trips
Jonesie26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Re: Uclear or Chatterbox

I just received my Uclear HBC200 yesterday . Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test it out other than indoors. Sounds good so far but the true test will be while riding .
coopgt1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Melissa600
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R600
I have a set of uclears. But its the only bluetooth I have ever used. My bf and I almost returned it after the first use because we rode on the highway and the wind made it impossible to hear at those speeds. I could hear him but he couldn't hear me (he says....).
We kept them and after riding around the city and mountains decided we can't live without it. I use mine every ride to work. Just link it to Pandora on my phone and enjoy the music. When we ride together we link up and it works great! After using it I couldn't imagine not having it.

One con I have to mention is the music sometimes cuts out when my bf uses his phone. I haven't experienced that with my galaxy s3, but he has an older phone (htc thunderbolt).

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy S III.
Melissa600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Racersteve
Novice

Motorcycle: K7

I don't want to get off topic, as I would also like to know the views on this. However, I have found use of a radio distracting. Maybe it's that I have tried it only a couple times (45 years of riding). Anyone think it's worth trying to get used to it?
Racersteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
MotoMummy
Parts Bitch

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

I use scala rider and love it. I've used chatterbox in the past but for clarity the scala rider smoked it.
MotoMummy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
Melissa600
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R600
Steve, you can mute or control the volume really easily. I haven't had any issues with my music. I can still hear sirens when I play music. I have turned it down when I felt at risk, but never decided against using it.

Its personal preference. I am constantly scoping out the road, mirrors, and other vehicles, so the music is more for background noise than main focus. Thats just me.

Sent from my Galaxy S III.
Melissa600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
gdawg20001
Squid

I'm interested in hearing from someone who has used a couple of these as well.

Cyclegear near my house carries the "new" uclear and claim its awesome and way better than anything else on the market but I'm skeptical.

Anyone else with some experience with these? Good or bad?!
gdawg20001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
Bucwheat
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 2012 GSX-R 750

I purchased my Uclear HBC200, from Revzilla about 3 wks ago, and they are awesome.

It works as advertised and I would recommend if you want to be hands free for call, route directions, as well as listening to music. Obviously I have an android phone, so most things I use it for are voice activated. It has self (built-in) call pick up and dial out feature that works well. Key for you when setting up, is to make sure the end pieces are level with each other (pointing outward toward your mouth).

I was riding and listening to Pandora and a call was coming in, I simply said "Hello" and the call is picked up. It was my homie and I checked with him to see what is sounded like and he said he couldn't hear my bike of any other sounds. He did say it sounded as if I was on a speaker phone but he could hear me clear. Once the call ended the music came back on, real cool.

One other thing about the uclear is, you're still able to hear the road and other sounds around you, if you choose too, you don't need to have it blasting to get gd sound.

I have the Merciless (Shoei) Helmet and it has the ear cutouts for the speakers, very cool.

Gd luck!!!
Bucwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
gdawg20001
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucwheat View Post
I purchased my Uclear HBC200, from Revzilla about 3 wks ago, and they are awesome.

It works as advertised and I would recommend if you want to be hands free for call, route directions, as well as listening to music. Obviously I have an android phone, so most things I use it for are voice activated. It has self (built-in) call pick up and dial out feature that works well. Key for you when setting up, is to make sure the end pieces are level with each other (pointing outward toward your mouth).

I was riding and listening to Pandora and a call was coming in, I simply said "Hello" and the call is picked up. It was my homie and I checked with him to see what is sounded like and he said he couldn't hear my bike of any other sounds. He did say it sounded as if I was on a speaker phone but he could hear me clear. Once the call ended the music came back on, real cool.

One other thing about the uclear is, you're still able to hear the road and other sounds around you, if you choose too, you don't need to have it blasting to get gd sound.

I have the Merciless (Shoei) Helmet and it has the ear cutouts for the speakers, very cool.

Gd luck!!!
Great to hear! I actually have the exact same helmet so i feel a little better with your review knowing the helmet wouldn't be a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
gdawg20001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
geoffro5
Novice

I have had a cheap Hong Kong B/T inter phone system in my helmet for about 12 mths now and love it.....!
It was daunting at first,mainly cause the volume was too high, but turned down till I got used to it and bammmm
I won't ride without it now, so convenient it's not funny
You can take and make phone calls, talk with your pillion(that's maaaad) and safer than trying to turn around
And u can listen to music (fan-friggen tastic) instead of the constant road noise....! And your GPS too...!
It's a win win situation
I love it and I've been riding for about 43 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
geoffro5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Cazperz
Novice

Motorcycle: 2009 gsxr1000, 2006 gsxr750 track bike
I have some crap that looked good on the web but getter on and find out it shuts off over 60mph :
Moral read all print twice...
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Cazperz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazperz View Post
I have some crap that looked good on the web but getter on and find out it shuts off over 60mph :
Moral read all print twice...
So what the fuck is the crap you have. That way people don't buy it . You're being to helpful here .
coopgt1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #13
Cazperz
Novice

Motorcycle: 2009 gsxr1000, 2006 gsxr750 track bike
Kinda hard to list the crap when its buried in a box at home and I only read this shit at work... t ('-'t)
I couldn't find it on Google ill look at home later.

Cazperz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #14
DavesWright
Squid

Motorcycle: GSXR1000, R1,R6,DRZ400SM,RMZ250,CRF150R,Raptor 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesie26 View Post
Anyone ever heard of or used a Bluetooth kit called Uclear? How does it stack up against the chatterbox. Thats the one I'm thinking about getting. I need it for music mainly. I'm on bike not to concerned with taking phone calls. I just like to hear something other than engine noise on long trips
Neither,,,
The Scala rider G9 is a superior product. Voice controlled , automatic volume depending on noise/speed level, blue tooth, radio, can be paired with your phone to make and receive calls while riding. I'm not going to write a long review, but it would benefit you to at least consider it with your other choices.
DavesWright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in