Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P - Page 269 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #5361
njyork42
!##NULL##!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TN
Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Posts: 17,237
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Got a second interview for a very well paying government job for being entry-level and in Nashville... Hope I get it.. I have no other irons in the fire at the moment. Sort of a last hope situation.
njyork42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #5362
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
And I aint getting married But if it ever does happen you can come
They allow gay marriages there?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
but it almost certainly WONT. An if it did, I still would not be "shitting bricks" as a few said .

Its just a damn whale. . Nothing to shit bricks over. I mean id think it was cool, but nothing to be scared of or whatever.
I have a fear of the ocean... not so much being on a boat, but in the water beyond waist level. So the thought of being capsized or worse would freak me out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by steven32 View Post
That was pretty good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Got a second interview for a very well paying government job for being entry-level and in Nashville... Hope I get it.. I have no other irons in the fire at the moment. Sort of a last hope situation.
Good luck.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #5363
njyork42
!##NULL##!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TN
Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Posts: 17,237
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post

I have a fear of the ocean... not so much being on a boat, but in the water beyond waist level. So the thought of being capsized or worse would freak me out.

Good luck.
Thanks.


I used to be sort of the same way about the ocean after being carried out a good ways by a current once when I was like 13... Was out near chest level looking for sand dollars and it carried me way passed where I could touch.. Almost wasn't able to swim back..but the longer you spend in it the more comfortable you become with it. I am a much better swimmer now..Makes a huge difference.
njyork42 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #5364
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Thanks.


I used to be sort of the same way about the ocean after being carried out a good ways by a current once when I was like 13... Was out near chest level looking for sand dollars and it carried me way passed where I could touch.. Almost wasn't able to swim back..but the longer you spend in it the more comfortable you become with it. I am a much better swimmer now..Makes a huge difference.
I'm not scared of the depth due to swimming. I'm a very good swimmer.

I'm scared of even the possibility of being eaten by a shark. It's somewhat irrational, for the most part, but it is a crazy extreme fear for me. If I'm in water that I can see to the bottom, I don't have issues. But where I can't see what's swimming around me? No spank you.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #5365
njyork42
!##NULL##!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TN
Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Posts: 17,237
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Humm...what about fresh water you can't see in? Say wake boarding out on a lake..
njyork42 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #5366
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Lakes don't bother me.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #5367
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead
 
Mr. Fluffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wrong Side of the Road
Motorcycle: K9 600
Posts: 11,528
I've been in water where you can see the water and the sharks at the bottom.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Mr. Fluffer is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #5368
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
I've been in water where you can see the water and the sharks at the bottom.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Yeah. Not sure how I'd feel about that either.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #5369
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
I'm not scared of the depth due to swimming. I'm a very good swimmer.

I'm scared of even the possibility of being eaten by a shark. It's somewhat irrational, for the most part, but it is a crazy extreme fear for me. If I'm in water that I can see to the bottom, I don't have issues. But where I can't see what's swimming around me? No spank you.
It's called a phobia. By definition it is irrational.

I have absolutely zero phobias.
Moto_Joe is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #5370
punkadilly
Managing MotoJoe
 
punkadilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Georgia
Motorcycle: Crew Chief & #1 fan of WERA #20
Posts: 71,517
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

hell, lakes down here can be just as dangerous ... water moccasins & alligators.
punkadilly is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #5371
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkadilly View Post
hell, lakes down here can be just as dangerous ... water moccasins & alligators.
Snakes don't bother me... I love snakes. I uesd to catch copperheads as a kid.

Alligators would probably persuade me not to swim in the water.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #5372
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
Snakes don't bother me... I love snakes. I uesd to catch copperheads as a kid.

Alligators would probably persuade me not to swim in the water.
Oddly alligators don't bite under water pretty much ever so of course if you see one you probably should get out. But if you don't see one you are likely OK.

As for snakes like moccasins the dangerous part is getting in and out of the water as they hide at waters edge.
Moto_Joe is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #5373
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
It's called a phobia. By definition it is irrational.

I have absolutely zero phobias.
The other one I have is being scared of standing on the very edge of a cliff ( no railing, nothing ). The fear is that a gust of wind may blow, or somebody jokingly mess around to push me off and I lose my balance or they accidentally do push me.

A few years ago, I forced myself to stand on the edge of a 300-400ft cliff and look down. My balls felt like they were in my throat, but I overcame my fear. It was crazy.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #5374
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin
 
Moto_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Macon Ga
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Posts: 117,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
The other one I have is being scared of standing on the very edge of a cliff ( no railing, nothing ). The fear is that a gust of wind may blow, or somebody jokingly mess around to push me off and I lose my balance or they accidentally do push me.

A few years ago, I forced myself to stand on the edge of a 300-400ft cliff and look down. My balls felt like they were in my throat, but I overcame my fear. It was crazy.
Yea. No problem there for me lmao.
Moto_Joe is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #5375
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead
 
Mr. Fluffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wrong Side of the Road
Motorcycle: K9 600
Posts: 11,528
Snakes swimming. Fuck that!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Mr. Fluffer is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #5376
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Oddly alligators don't bite under water pretty much ever so of course if you see one you probably should get out. But if you don't see one you are likely OK.

As for snakes like moccasins the dangerous part is getting in and out of the water as they hide at waters edge.
Didn't know that about gators... don't encounter those much around here.

Snakes, yeah. I lived in Houston, Texas for a bit. We used to collect golf balls at the TPC course at night once in awhile and they were common there.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #5377
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Yea. No problem there for me lmao.
I can handle any other type of heights or whatever... I can look down if there's a railing and it doesn't phase me. I can climb a ladder on a water tower and not have issues. Like you said, irrational.
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #5378
Kentucky Fried Cholo
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
 
Kentucky Fried Cholo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000
Posts: 39,249
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy_Ryder View Post
ours was about the same. me and the groomsmen killed a 5th of hennesy before the ceremony
Mine was at a hall. We were there partying it up from like 5 to midnight. They kicked us out and we had an after party at my cousins house. Got home at 5 am

One guy even got the shit kicked out of him and dragged out and left on the street (at the after party)
Kentucky Fried Cholo is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #5379
Kentucky Fried Cholo
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
 
Kentucky Fried Cholo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Motorcycle: 06 gsxr 1000
Posts: 39,249
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

morning everyone
Kentucky Fried Cholo is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #5380
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
 
Ceiling Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Collierville, TN
Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King
Posts: 10,427
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

sup Ric
Ceiling Cat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 2013 Gixxer.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum