The Black Ops 2 thread - Page 9 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #161
Grip.it_Rawb
TechSpec Representative

Motorcycle: GSXR 750
Re: The Black Ops 2 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post
I'm getting awfully close to this. The multiplayer is so inconsistent it is getting to be a joke. I've got high speed internet and have my settings set to "best". There are some matches where I'm moving fast as hell - I can get kills turning on somone who gets hits on my back. These are few and very, very far between though. At this point it is either a pretty even match where there is only one guy (usually with a .50 KDR) who is running around at light speed getting 30+ kills or where most of the other team (again with few KDR's above 1.0) running around destroying everyone.

I've got my sensitivity set to freakin 9 and still can't swing a SMG around fast enought to kill some of these fools who just run around knifing everyone. I usuaully end shooting up a whole clip at some fool running "hey diddle diddle, I'm going right up the middle" only to get stabbed in the face. This happened more than once last night and provoked more than one rage quit.

When the game works, it can be fun. Hardcore is actually easier than core - at least the one who gets the first shot off "typically" wins and the endless string of hit markers without a kill is rare. With a group who knows what they are doing and communicates effectively, you can rack up some pretty good wins. Still, my opinion of this game is souring quickly.
add to the fact, if im not running and gunning an smg class, im roasting marshmallows with an acr and a claymore (MW3) and ill occasionally ATTEMPT sniping and SOMETIMES do well (again, MW3)

Blops(say it like the sound of, ya know, poo hitting the water) 2 however, running is mostly useless, camping is pretty much non existant( guess i dont have the proper permits?) and sniping...its like i was trained by battle hardened STA platoon snipers. Almost NO scope sway or recoil and have been accused of having a modded controller due to panic firing and getting the kill. not once did i click the damn stick to hold breath and steady the shot. Just left trigger, look, right trigger.

...still, quick scoping somehow works (though i refuse to learn/do it) and thats NOT frustrating at all...

http://www.Techspec-usa.com
Grip.it_Rawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #162
FcnChuck
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R 600

so if more people are going to give this game up, what is GDC going to do in the winter???
FcnChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #163
Grip.it_Rawb
TechSpec Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FcnChuck View Post
so if more people are going to give this game up, what is GDC going to do in the winter???
Oh I'm sure plenty of time shall be spent playing MW3, Halo 4, people will continue to play Blops2 and complain/praise it, im confident there will be many "furiously masturbate" comments soon as ive seen before as answers to your inquiry.

Maybe some of those epic camping trips i keep hearing about....
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #164
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Motorcycle: Steven's Bike

i think this game will be tuned up as time goes on. i know MW3 wasnt perfect on start but things evened out in the end. i feel black ops and MW3 use 2 different styles of play. i was able to tell the difference between black ops and MW2. i feel i do much better with black ops because strafe shooting is more my thing. you can strafe shoot much better in the black ops series than MW3. once i learned this, i was able to play black ops 100000x better.

i have watched a few black ops videos and noticed that some of the gamers out there do actually strafe shoot in black ops 2.

if there are enough people interested in starting up GDC for black ops 2, then we can work on that. we had a great black ops 1 crew going and our MW3 crew didnt last too long.
JetBlast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #165
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

I'll be playing it.. regaurdless of how bad my matches keep going.. I will back out and play something else until I get a good connection.. On some games I can sprint out in the open and not die at all and just rack up kills.. "Like Roscoe mentioned."
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #166
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Been going pretty beast all night playing hardcore free-for-all without a primary.. Have the last pistol (the full auto one) with a long barrel (trying to get akimbo)..fast hands (to throw out bettys and hack equipment quickly).. engineering (sitrep to detect other bettys and stuff) and have two bouncing bettys equipped with two black hats.. Stealing other peoples bettys..and throwing out my own. I have scavenger equipped as well.. so I will get a kill.. replinish my equipment (more bettys and blackhats) and literally litter the map with bouncing bettys for constant free kills.

And the pistol is pretty beast without a primary cuz I can run, aim, and reload really fast. For scorestreaks i have UAV, Hunter Killer, and Gaurdian.. On hardcore anyone that walks in front of my gaurdian will almost always just die.. So I will put it in a common camping room so noone can get in behind it to kill it.. More free kills. 1st 2nd and 3rd place constantly... Dunno if it is just a good connection tonight or if this class just really works well for me on this map.

It all originally started with me just wanting to level up that pistol.. Then I hadda trade my primary so I could get 2 lethals, 2 tacticals, and an attachment on the pistol.. Turns out the pistol kills just as quick as a primary and has great range with the long barrel... Makes for few people being able to chase me and kill me and constant movement.. No camping on my part and still winning.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #167
Grip.it_Rawb
TechSpec Representative

IF they ever offer just the zombie mode as a standalone, ill snag that. Thats the ONLY part of Blops2 i enjoyed haha
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #168
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Motorcycle: GSXR600 K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Been going pretty beast all night playing hardcore free-for-all without a primary.. Have the last pistol (the full auto one) with a long barrel (trying to get akimbo)..fast hands (to throw out bettys and hack equipment quickly).. engineering (sitrep to detect other bettys and stuff) and have two bouncing bettys equipped with two black hats.. Stealing other peoples bettys..and throwing out my own. I have scavenger equipped as well.. so I will get a kill.. replinish my equipment (more bettys and blackhats) and literally litter the map with bouncing bettys for constant free kills.

And the pistol is pretty beast without a primary cuz I can run, aim, and reload really fast. For scorestreaks i have UAV, Hunter Killer, and Gaurdian.. On hardcore anyone that walks in front of my gaurdian will almost always just die.. So I will put it in a common camping room so noone can get in behind it to kill it.. More free kills. 1st 2nd and 3rd place constantly... Dunno if it is just a good connection tonight or if this class just really works well for me on this map.

It all originally started with me just wanting to level up that pistol.. Then I hadda trade my primary so I could get 2 lethals, 2 tacticals, and an attachment on the pistol.. Turns out the pistol kills just as quick as a primary and has great range with the long barrel... Makes for few people being able to chase me and kill me and constant movement.. No camping on my part and still winning.
In spite of my frustration with the game, I'm still playing. I can't help it. I've also noticed that the pistols are remarkably powerful in this game. Every so often I run into a player running either just a pistol or a knife. They move so fast that even with my controller set on 9, I just can't move/turn fast enough to get a hit on them.

Runnng around like that suits my style of play pretty well. I'm going to give your set up a try NJ. One question, how do you do in a stand up gun fight. It seems like you'd have to surprise or flank your enemy at close range to get a kill. How do you do running in the open on maps like Carrier?
Roscoe Hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #169
JetBlast

sounds like some of the problems are tactics. BO2 maps are more tournament based so tactical movements are key to not get killed. i took this into consideration in MW3 on PC and it helped get my final K/D up to 1.45. a suppressor will give you the element of surprise and keep you off the radar. that helped me TONS in MW3. i have the natural tendency to pick up stragglers on the outer edge of the maps so that is my base tactic for this game.

now the cruise ship seems like a challenge because this rule will not work so i may consider doing a lock down of half the map so i can control what comes into the area. i have been watching a lot of BO2 videos and learning map tactics
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #170
grtfast
Moderately Unmoderated

Motorcycle: '08 gsxr 600 / '07 BBR 212 / RM100

I was having a hard time until I built a class with the semi auto shot gun, three round burst pistol, lightweight, dexterity, fast hands, and extreme conitioning perks. Now I run n gun and eff bitches up!
grtfast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #171
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Tactics certainly play a part in an "even" game where everyone has the same advantages and disadvantages. On this game the lag compensation is inconsistent and awful. I was getting the first shots off with a sniper rifle in Hardcore - easy head shots - and getting killed every single time despite firing first. It isn't uncommon for someone to glitch all over the map and you can't kill what you can't see. In a head to head fight I should win if I'm behind cover, I get the first shots off, and the other guy is within range. It seems that at least half the time, I'm losing those engagements. I'll get a bunch of hit markers, empty a clip into them, and then watch a replay and see that I never got a single shot off or that my shots are going nowhere near the target.

It seems like everyone is affected by this since it is really, really rare to come across a player with a KDR over 1.5. Mine was 1.67 on MW3, and I was averaging over 2.0 the last three months I played the game. I'm barely over 1.3 now and my kills per minute stat is terrible.

I'm looking forward to a patch that will fix this so tactics can actually factor in.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #172
grtfast
Moderately Unmoderated

Motorcycle: '08 gsxr 600 / '07 BBR 212 / RM100

I am tradionally terrible at shooters... I usually have an average k/d less than one, but with my new run and gun tactics I am hovering around 1 for my k/d, and I get 15-20 kills per match. The lag really only seems bad when I'm playing with my friends in a party. When I play alone it is buttery smooth.
grtfast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #173
JetBlast

Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #174
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post
In spite of my frustration with the game, I'm still playing. I can't help it. I've also noticed that the pistols are remarkably powerful in this game. Every so often I run into a player running either just a pistol or a knife. They move so fast that even with my controller set on 9, I just can't move/turn fast enough to get a hit on them.

Runnng around like that suits my style of play pretty well. I'm going to give your set up a try NJ. One question, how do you do in a stand up gun fight. It seems like you'd have to surprise or flank your enemy at close range to get a kill. How do you do running in the open on maps like Carrier?

With that pistol..the range is surprising.. On core the pistol setup still works well.. But on hardcore..often it only takes one bullet with the pistol for an instakill... so I can kill them as easily as they can kill me.. Just like you mentioned..the benefit is being able to run fast.. If I meet someone heads-up I will usually win because of my fast movement, but I have been winning battles at a pretty long range as well with long barrel.. Not as long with akimbo... But I like the akimbo because of the sprinting and spraying in close range stuff.(more bullets flying, many double kills)

On carrier it is a bit more difficult...but I believe I put up a video in my vault of me on carrier with the akimbo pistols.. I will stick to the sides of the map... Off in the tunnel..and on the opposite side next to the building and down those stairs... That way I am always meeting someone at a mid- short range battle.. Plus both are good places to cover with bettys... They are busy avoiding my equipment and I am just sprinting in circles and killing depending on my spawn.

The long barrel really helps my range on maps like carrier.. You would be surprised at the distance one can shoot with them and kill.. The akimbo helps me do well on pretty much every other single map.. I've been playing a lot of free-for-all..so not much flanking.. Just covering ground and killing.. I have still been meaning to try knife only.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #175
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
sounds like some of the problems are tactics. BO2 maps are more tournament based so tactical movements are key to not get killed. i took this into consideration in MW3 on PC and it helped get my final K/D up to 1.45. a suppressor will give you the element of surprise and keep you off the radar. that helped me TONS in MW3. i have the natural tendency to pick up stragglers on the outer edge of the maps so that is my base tactic for this game.

now the cruise ship seems like a challenge because this rule will not work so i may consider doing a lock down of half the map so i can control what comes into the area. i have been watching a lot of BO2 videos and learning map tactics

Actually.. You can stick to both the left and right edges of that map.. Just not the ends so much as thats where snipers and long range guys will pick you off.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #176
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtfast View Post
I am tradionally terrible at shooters... I usually have an average k/d less than one, but with my new run and gun tactics I am hovering around 1 for my k/d, and I get 15-20 kills per match. The lag really only seems bad when I'm playing with my friends in a party. When I play alone it is buttery smooth.

This is also true like I mentioned before.. In a party where I am not the leader I do terrible.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #177
njyork42
!##NULL##!

But just to follow up.. My pistols only class is still working great for me... Still usually in the top 3..usually number 1...basically always number 1 in points due to the fact that I get 50 points for each piece of equipment I hack and 100 for each betty that gets me a kill.. Free and easy points.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #178
Roscoe Hotfoot
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Oh my God that was so funny, I'm crying.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #179
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Dude doesn't watch his radar.. he ran out into so much shit that he shouldn't have... Frankly.. He just isn't good.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #180
JetBlast

yeah he cracked me up. no aiming and just being out in the open. i dont know if he was trolling or being serious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement