A big get well to Used2bfast - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #41
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000
Re: A big get well to Used2bfast

Another update from Jeff's son.

"Fwiw, we went today to visit him it is very hard on him to have visitors around because he tries to communicate and can't , therefore he gets frustrated. The Dr's are focussing on getting the breathing tube out hopefully this week and really need him to rest. When we were there he has no way to communicate other than thumbs up or down so he would try and talk which then leads to him coughing, which is very rough on him considering all his injures. He is well aware of all the support he has, so please don't bombard him with visitors right now, at least wait until he gets to a regular room! Thanks!"
President & founding Member of IACOGDC..........Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC Always wear your cup & safety helmet while posting on GDC I am aging like a fine wine! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind. ...... Proudly Banned 1,000,000 & 3 Times .............. Erin at MotoMummy rules!
oldfart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #42
SpeederT
Loves Grammas Gum Jobs

Motorcycle: FACK, I sold my supermoto.

Thank you for the update oldfart, now would be a good time for a lot of good thoughts for his recovery.
SpeederT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
rraiderr
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: Stretched and slammed Busa

Hope it all turns out good and he is back on the bike in no time.
rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #44
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

There has been a page set up for Jeff by his son Cole on Caring Bridge to keep people advised on his condition. For those that don't know, Caring Bridge is a nonprofit site for people in the hospital with serious health conditions. He is still in ICU. You can send him well wishes & messages by using the guestbook on this site.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jeffduckworth/journal

Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #45
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

An update on Jeff from his son Cole a few hours ago.

"Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. We had a scare on Saturday, they had moved him to progressive care and soon after his heart beat and blood pressure got dangerously high and shortly after he was non responsive and out of it. The Doctors had to rush him for a CT scan and luckily they didn't find anything. A few hours later he slowly started to come back around and was starting to respond to commands again. The doctors still have no idea what had happened. So since this incident the doctors decided to move him back to ICU to monitor him closely. Mel went to visit him yesterday and said he was very responsive and moving his limbs quite well. Still has the trache in and is still on the ventilator still not able to talk. I just called and checked in with his nurse, they said he was doing pretty good, all vitals were good, respiratory was good and he was watching tv. I've seen mention of the idea of a laptop or something for him to try and communicate with but he is not there yet as far as movement with his hands and he can't sit up enough to type or read on a laptop but hopefully soon....! I will be going to see him this weekend so probably won't have another update until then. Thank you for all your kind guestbook entries he will be happy to read all of them when he is able and see all the support he has!

Thanks, Cole "
President & founding Member of IACOGDC..........Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC Always wear your cup & safety helmet while posting on GDC I am aging like a fine wine! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind. ...... Proudly Banned 1,000,000 & 3 Times .............. Erin at MotoMummy rules!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #46
JACT
Novice

Had my scare last week, tryed to over take a truck that was standing still, have way though he started turning right, where i was... Went on gravel missed him by a hair, missed 2 trees, concrete wall. Was scared shitless after that couldnt even control my clucht lever...

But dude, GET WELL SOON.

Sent from my ST18i using Motorcycle.com Free App
JACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

An update on Jeff from his son.

Update #4

Written 3 hours ago
Well he has finally been upgraded to the Progressive Care Unit again...! He got moved to the PCU on Wednesday, which is an improvement from ICU. On Thursday they took him off the ventilator around 11a.m and stayed off until around 2a.m Friday morning he had to be put back on to give him a break. My sister and I drove up on Friday, we got there around 1 and he was off the ventilator again, the nurse said he had been off since 11a.m again, we asked if he would be put back on and they said yes at night to give him a break. So for now pretty much off ventilator during the day and on at night. We visited for a few minutes then we left to eat lunch, when we came back to the room, the speech pathologist had came and put in a voice plug into his trache so he could try and talk....! They told us to encourage him to try and talk but he was mouthing "it's too hard" so they came and took it out so he wouldn't fall asleep with it in. Mel showed up with Brad and Ty around 4:30, so we were all able to have a nice family visit with him for most of the day! His spirits are pretty good, still in a lot of pain and nurse said they may start some kind of physical therapy this week coming up. He will probably have to go to a rehab facility once he is able to do so. He will have to stay at the rehab facility and do physical and orthopedic therapy 3 times a week twice a day. So by far this was the best and most hopeful visit I have had since going to visit him! Hope to have more positive updates soon! Thanks for all you support!

Thanks
Cole
Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #48
MotoMummy
Parts Bitch

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

Hopefully he continues to progress in a positive way. Glad he's out of ICU.
MotoMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #49
berencam
Rookie

Motorcycle: 07 gsxr 600
Glad he is doing well, I can't imagine what the bill from that stay would be. After a wreck I had, I spent 3 days in the hospital not even in ICU, and the bill totaled 88k...
berencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #50
THE SRADIATOR
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

A reminder of what we do and how we do it and how easy it can be to get hurt.
Right/wrong/what ever...It's dangerous out there and stuff like this can happen at the drop of a helmet.
Glad to hear of his progress as any progress is good progress on the road to recovery.
In my 35 years of street riding and 7+ years of dirt riding, I have been awfully lucky as far as injuries go and I know it.
When we hear of situations like this we need to stop and think a moment of just how fortunate we are!
THE SRADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #51
BigBSBusa
Novice

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 1000 (Red/Black)

That's good news. Hoping for continued progress and recovery.
BigBSBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

get well soon jeff..
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #53
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Another update on Jeff from his son.

"Written 2 hours ago
Based on info from Melissa and close friends of my dad, he is doing a little better. Now on only 28% oxygen, still has trache in and tube going into his stomach for food. He has been moved to room 1025, still can't talk says it hurts to much to try and talk with voice plug in trache. So still have to read lips to communicate. The doctors have had him standing up and taking a few steps in the room! Good news is he is still making slow progress each day! I will be going to visit Saturday after Thanksgiving, I sure do hate that he is going to miss out on some good food but he will be back to eating well be for we know it! Thanks for all your continued support!

Thanks,
Cole"
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #54
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
Another update on Jeff from his son.

"Written 2 hours ago
Based on info from Melissa and close friends of my dad, he is doing a little better. Now on only 28% oxygen, still has trache in and tube going into his stomach for food. He has been moved to room 1025, still can't talk says it hurts to much to try and talk with voice plug in trache. So still have to read lips to communicate. The doctors have had him standing up and taking a few steps in the room! Good news is he is still making slow progress each day! I will be going to visit Saturday after Thanksgiving, I sure do hate that he is going to miss out on some good food but he will be back to eating well be for we know it! Thanks for all your continued support!

Thanks,
Cole"
Progress is good, even if it's slow.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

An update from Jeff's son Cole, he is finally getting stronger. The guestbook he is reffering to in on the Caring Bridge site listed above.

"Went to visit the old man today...!
The Trache is out! Yay....! He had the Trache taken out on Tues or Wednesday, has a bandage with tape over the hole, he says he is still breathing through the hole in his neck. That's right he said, that means he is talking a little it is more like a raspy voice but enough to understand him and be able to communicate with him! He is able to feed himself ice chips, change channels on the tv and do a few other things for himself. He still has a tube going into his stomach for feeding, he hopes to have that out with in the next week! He still has a mild bladder infection so he's not to happy about that but considering everything else that he has gone through this is a cake walk! Melissa is looking into getting him moved to some sort of rehab facility closer to home, that would be great to get him out of the hospital, today is day 39.... He was a little upset that he missed all that good Thanksgiving food, but we are all just thankful this year that he is still with us this Thanksgiving and will have many more to come! Hopefully more positive updates from here on out! Thanks for all the continued support!

Thanks,
Cole

P.S.
Keep the guestbook comments coming he will enjoy reading them when he is able to!"
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #56
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Thanks for the continuing updates OF, good news that he is more able to do things himself.
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #57
gixxerbaxter
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600

Finally caught up on this thread. I saw the photos of the cruiser-rider waving a few months back, but had no idea one of our members got tangled up in that same mess.

Hope for a speedy recovery and that it hasn't been too stressful on the family.
gixxerbaxter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #58
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Great news from Jeff's son finally!

"My dad will be home tomorrow......! After 64 days he is coming home, what an awesome Christmas present!

Merry Christmas everyone, Cole"
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #59
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

That is good news.......enjoy the holidays Jeff.
SPL170db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
Jd4oor
I Heart Man Sauce

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 1000 2007 GSX-R 600

Great news, hope you get back to 100% ASAP.
Jd4oor is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement